Inside this Article
What We Look For in the Best VPS Hosting Services1. Scala Hosting - User-Friendly and Affordable Managed VPS 2. Kamatera – Fully Customizable Cloud VPS Backed by Powerful Hardware3. IONOS – Affordable VPS Hosting With Customized Assistance4. Hostinger – Super-Cheap Self-Managed VPS for Tech-Savvy Users5. Liquid Web – Fully-Managed VPS Hosting with Root Access6. FastComet – Managed Hosting with Worldwide Data Centers7. InMotion Hosting – US-Based Managed and Self-Managed Servers8. A2 Hosting – Flexible VPS Hosting for Low- to High-Traffic Websites9. InterServer – Cheap, Yet Reliable VPS Hosting for Experienced Users10. Cloudways – Managed Hosting On the Largest Providers Out ThereWhich Is the Best VPS Hosting Service for Your Project?FAQ
Short on Time? These Are the Best VPS Hosting Services in 2023
- Scala Hosting – This fully-managed VPS is the best beginner option if you’re upgrading from shared hosting
- Kamatera – Reliable, state-of-the-art cloud infrastructure with excellent tech support
- IONOS – Affordable VPS hosting with a personal support representative
What We Look For in the Best VPS Hosting ServicesAs a VPS is more expensive than simple shared hosting, our expectations were accordingly higher. Only providers that met all (or most) of the following criteria made our list:
- Powerful servers. It doesn’t matter how many vCPU cores you buy – if the processors are ten years old, your server won’t perform at its best. We looked for providers that update their infrastructures regularly to offer exceptional speeds and uptime.
- Full control. A VPS hosting service should allow you to access and configure your server to meet specific requirements. We only included providers that give you SSH access and full control over your VM (virtual machine).
- Easy scalability. Need more power? These hosts will let you add CPU cores, RAM, storage space, and bandwidth with a couple of clicks. It’ll also be just as easy to scale back down when you no longer need the extra resources.
- Managed support. VPS hosting is easy-ish to use once you configure your server, but setup can be challenging if Linux isn’t your mother tongue. Some of the providers on our list will help you get started as part of their managed services.
- Value. Low prices can be attractive, but what good is a cheap VPS if it comes crumbling down during a traffic surge? The providers on our list are not only affordable (some of them are insanely cheap), but they also offer reliability, generous resources, and lots of features for your money.
Scala Hosting is by far the best option if you’re making the switch from shared hosting to a VPS for the first time. Its website is easy to navigate and understand (unlike some of the jargon-filed VPS homepages out there), and the starting process takes only a couple of clicks. Scala Hosting also gives you a choice between managed and self-managed VPS plans – and its cheapest VPS plans are actually the managed ones. You can customize your managed VPS plan with exactly as much CPU, RAM, and storage as you need. And instead of the traditional cPanel, Scala Hosting offers its proprietary SPanel to help you configure these settings. SPanel is somewhat easier to navigate, and it includes similar functionality to cPanel.
Besides its world-class performance, Scala Hosting also includes a bunch of extra goodies, such as a premium Softaculous license and OpenLiteSpeed web server software. Besides, you can always pay a little extra to install the classic cPanel to your server if you miss it that much.
Scala Hosting VPS Hosting
Plan NameStorageBandwidthCPURAMPricePlan NameStorageBandwidthCPURAMPriceBuild #150 GB NVMe SSDUnmetered2 cores4 GB$29.95More detailsBuild #2100 GB NVMe SSDUnmetered4 cores8 GB$63.95More detailsBuild #3150 GB NVMe SSDUnmetered8 cores16 GB$121.95More detailsBuild #4200 GB NVMe SSDUnmetered12 cores24 GB$179.95More detailsSelf-Managed Custom BuildCustomCustomCustomCustom$20.00More detailsMore details
A free domain name is included with some hosting plans from Scala Hosting
- WordPress-ready. Scala Hosting’s SWordPress Manager might win an award for the world’s silliest name. But it’s actually super useful. Website staging and backup/restore are enabled so you can safely test changes on your site without breaking it.
- Free domain and dedicated IP. These nice bonuses are included with Scala Hosting’s managed VPS hosting.
- Node.js support. If you’re a developer, you probably know that most hosts only let you use Node.js on self-managed servers. Not Scala Hosting, though. Scala Hosting fully supports this runtime environment on its managed VPS. You can even ask customer support for help setting it up.
- SShield Security. This is an automated, AI-driven security service that runs in the background in order to prevent malicious attacks on your server. It’s included for free in all managed VPS plans.
|vCPU cores||1 to 24|
|RAM||2GB to 128GB|
|Data center locations||Australia, Bulgaria, Canada, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, the UK, and the US|
|Free trial||“Anytime” (money-back guarantee)|
The case for Kamatera is simple: this is a provider that offers cutting-edge cloud VPS solutions, and it does so while keeping prices low. Now, as you know, the cloud is a magical thing. It’s stable, it’s easy to scale, and it makes money vanish from your wallet (faster than usual). The mere mention of “the cloud” gives most hosts an excuse to up their prices – but Kamatera is different. Kamatera keeps its infrastructure up to date without massively increasing the cost of hosting. It also lets you customize your server with up to 104 vCPU processors, 512 GB of RAM, and 16,000 GB of SSD storage. You’re not locked into predefined configurations, and you can pay by the hour, rather than monthly or yearly. That said, Kamatera is not the most beginner-friendly provider. It’s easy enough to use for experienced admins, but while it gives you dozens of server images to help you get started, you’ll need to use the command line to get your VPS working. If you know Linux, are willing to learn, or pay extra for a Windows OS license, you’ll be fine. If not, you’ll have to buy the managed services add-on to make the most of this provider’s infrastructure. And that’ll cost you extra.
- Free trial. You can have 30 days and a $100 credit to get a taste of what Kamatera has to offer. If you decide the service is worth your money, you can pay to use the same setup after the trial is over.
- Load balancers. The Cloud Load Balancer distributes all incoming traffic across multiple backend servers, which means your VPS can handle more heat without slowing (or breaking) down.
- Built-in firewall. Kamatera offers its proprietary Cloud Firewall with every VPS configuration, so you don’t have to set one up yourself. But beware – you’re still responsible for your server’s security.
- Managed services. If you don’t want to get your hands dirty with any of the back-end stuff, Kamatera will provide a regular or high level of support depending on whether you purchase the Basic or Extended service. This incurs a fixed monthly price per server, so it’s particularly advantageous with massive 32+ vCPU configurations. Not so much for tiny VPSs.
|vCPU cores||1 to 104|
|RAM||1GB to 512GB|
|Data center locations||Canada, China, Germany, Israel, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, the UK, and the US|
|Free trial||30 days|
If you know your way around a server and you’re on a tight budget, IONOS could be your top choice. That’s because IONOS offers self-managed VPS plans for as low as $2.00. It’s not a price-for-quality trade-off either – though it’s not as jam-packed with bonus features as other hosts, IONOS provides top-notch performance and a decent variety of resource configurations. Also, when you sign up, you’ll automatically get a personal support representative assigned to you. That means that whenever you contact customer support, you’ll be in contact with the same person. Over time, this can mean having someone on your side that understands your goals and the best way to help you achieve them. Keep in mind, though, that the reduced price tag comes at the cost of some extras, so while IONOS offers outstanding core features, it doesn’t offer much else. Also, the dedicated support isn’t the same thing as a managed service, so you will need to know your way around a server, at least to some extent.
1&1 IONOS VPS Hosting
Plan NameStorageBandwidthCPURAMPricePlan NameStorageBandwidthCPURAMPriceVPS S10 GBunlimited1 core512 MB$2.00More detailsVPS M80 GBunlimited2 cores2 GB$4.00More detailsVPS L120 GBunlimited2 cores4 GB$8.00More detailsVPS XL160 GBunlimited4 cores8 GB$2.00More detailsVPS XXL240 GBunlimited6 cores12 GB$18.00More detailsMore details
A free domain name is included with some hosting plans from 1&1 IONOS
- Intuitive mobile app. IONOS offers an intuitive and responsive mobile app to help you manage your servers wherever you are.
- Unlimited traffic. Regardless of your plan, IONOS will never cap your traffic or charge any upcharge.
- Interactive invoicing. You can see exactly how many resources you’re using and exactly how much that’ll cost you at any time.
- IONOS infrastructure. If you go for an IONOS VPS, you’ll be able to integrate with IONOS’ network ecosystem, which includes domain registration, website building, and email managing tools.
|vCPU cores||1 to 8|
|RAM||512 MB to 24 GB|
|Data center locations||Germany, Spain, the UK, and the US|
Hostinger built its fame on dirt-cheap hosting with uncompromising performance, and its VPS hosting plans are no different. You can easily upgrade from shared hosting without spending too much money to start with, but keep in mind that this is a self-managed service, so you’ll be in charge of pretty much everything. If you have some experience with server operating systems and you want to keep costs low, Hostinger could be the right fit. Tech support is available 24/7, and the agents will answer most questions, no matter how technical. They won’t configure your VPS or update your software, but they will tell you how to do these things yourself. Plus, if your server ever goes down (as you ask yourself the age-old question “what does this button do?”), Hostinger will help you get it back up and running. Not bad, considering the cost.
Hostinger VPS Hosting
Plan NameStorageBandwidthCPURAMPricePlan NameStorageBandwidthCPURAMPriceVPS 120 GB SSD1000 GB1 CORE1 GB$3.99More detailsVPS 240 GB SSD2000 GB2 CORES2 GB$5.99More detailsVPS 360 GB SSD3000 GB3 CORES3 GB$7.99More detailsVPS 480 GB SSD4000 GB4 CORES4 GB$10.99More detailsVPS 5120 GB SSD6000 GB6 CORES6 GB$23.95More detailsVPS 6160 GB SSD8000 GB8 CORES8 GB$38.99More detailsVPS 750 GB SSD10000 GB8 CORES10 GB$57.99More detailsVPS 8100 GB SSD12000 GB8 CORES12 GB$77.99More detailsMore details
A free domain name is included with some hosting plans from Hostinger
- Choose your OS. Your options include CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, and Suse, all easily installed from templates.
- Control panels galore. Most hosts give you a few different choices, but Hostinger takes it to a whole new level. You can opt for the classic cPanel and WHM combo, or if you’d rather go with a free alternative, there’s Plesk, Webmin, Webuzo, CyberPanel, and others.
- Dedicated IP. Having your own IP can boost your SEO, and can lower the risk of getting your email accounts blacklisted. This is especially useful if you run lots of email marketing campaigns.
- Huge knowledge base. Hostinger has loads of tutorials that’ll help you configure your VPS, but you should have some experience with the command line before you delve into the knowledge base.
|vCPU cores||1 to 8|
|RAM||1GB to 16GB|
|Data center locations||The US, Brazil, the UK, the Netherlands, Lithuania, and Singapore|
|Free trial||30 days (money-back guarantee)|
5. Liquid Web – Fully-Managed VPS Hosting with Root Access
Liquid Web finds the right balance between flexible and fully-managed hosting. It’s a bit pricey compared to other providers on my list, but it’s also the easiest way to get into VPS hosting while still having the freedom to do anything you want with your server.
Well…almost anything. You probably shouldn’t use it to stream the adventures of your pet blobfish. Because nobody wants to watch the world’s ugliest creature.
Now, when I say “fully-managed,” I mean that Liquid Web can take care of everything for you, from server setup to ongoing maintenance. You can do things yourself if you prefer, but if you ever need help, all you have to do is ask. I contacted support many times while testing the platform, and the agents were always glad to answer my questions. As for performance, Liquid Web has a track record of reliable uptime and loading speed. It’s one of the fastest VPS providers I tested, and it gives you plenty of room to grow before you have to switch to a dedicated server. You can read more about Liquid Web in our expert review.
Liquid Web VPS Hosting
Plan NameStorageBandwidthCPURAMPricePlan NameStorageBandwidthCPURAMPrice2GB RAM Linux40 GB SSD10 TB2 vCPU2 GB$15.00More details4GB RAM Linux100 GB SSD10 TB4 vCPU4 GB$25.00More details8GB RAM Linux150 GB SSD10 TB8 vCPU8 GB$35.00More details16GB RAM Linux200 GB SSD10 TB8 vCPU16 GB$95.00More details2GB Value Bundle Linux40 GB SSD10 TB2 vCPU2 GB$45.00More details4GB Value Bundle Linux100 GB SSD10 TB4 vCPU4 GB$70.00More details8GB Value Bundle Linux150 GB SSD10 TB8 vCPU8 GB$95.00More details16GB Value Bundle Linux200 GB SSD10 TB8 vCPU16 GB$145.00More details4GB RAM Windows 100 GB SSD10 TB4 vCPU4 GB$80.00More details8GB RAM Windows150 GB SSD10 TB8 vCPU8 GB$100.00More details16GB RAM Windows200 GB SSD10 TB8 vCPU16 GB$149.00More details4GB Value Bundle Windows100 GB SSD10 TB4 vCPU4 GB$90.00More details8GB Value Bundle Windows150 GB SSD10 TB8 vCPU8 GB$110.00More details16GB Value Bundle Windows200 GB SSD10 TB8 vCPU16 GB$189.00More detailsMore details
- Premium control panels. cPanel, Plesk, and InterWorx are all supported, but a license isn’t included with any VPS plan. Still, InterWorx is offered at a very low price, and it lets you create an unlimited number of websites.
- Free site migration. Even if you’re moving from a different control panel, Liquid Web will help you migrate your website with minimal downtime. The tech team will also make sure that everything works properly after the transfer.
- Managed security. A built-in firewall and DDoS protection are included in every plan. You can also ask Liquid Web to help out with PCI compliance if you want to process payments directly on your website.
- Server monitoring. Most providers expect you to notify them of a problem before they start working on a solution. Liquid Web proactively monitors your server at all times. If anything comes up, the tech team jumps right in.
|vCPU cores||2 to 8|
|RAM||2GB to 16GB|
|Data center locations||The US, the Netherlands|
6. FastComet – Managed Hosting with Worldwide Data CentersFastComet offers fully-managed cloud VPS hosting that lets you focus on your business while a tech team takes care of server administration for you. It is a little on the pricier side, but in return, you’re getting a level of support few other providers will offer. That’s not just at the beginning either. You can ask the tech team to install anything for you, at any time. Plus, if something breaks down (and trust me, something will break eventually), there’s no need to panic. All you need to do is throw the issue over to support and let them take care of the rest.
FastComet also offers an impressive number of data centers around the world, including locations in the US, Canada, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Wherever your audience is, FastComet has you covered. It performed well in our performance tests, too – you can read more about that in our expert review.
FastComet Cloud Hosting
Plan NameStorageBandwidthCPURAMPricePlan NameStorageBandwidthCPURAMPriceCloud 150 GB SSD2 TB1 x 2.50GHz2 GB$46.16More detailsCloud 280 GB SSD4 TB2 x 2.50GHz4 GB$53.86More detailsCloud 3160 GB SSD5 TB4 x 2.50GHz8 GB$69.26More detailsCloud 4320 GB SSD8 TB6 x 2.50GHz16 GB$107.76More detailsMore details
- cPanel, WHM, and Softaculous. Most VPS hosts make you buy your own control panel license, but FastComet includes cPanel for free. You can also ask support to include Softaculous, which makes it easier to install WordPress and other scripts, and WHM which allows you to manage multiple cPanel accounts for reselling.
- Cloudflare CDN integration. Cloudflare can speed up your website for visitors from across the globe, but it’s notoriously difficult to install on a server. With FastComet, the CDN is already built into the cPanel dashboard. You just have to turn it on.
- ModSecurity. This web application firewall (WAF) module is another thing that makes managing your VPS so much easier. FastComet will take care of most security measures for you, although you can also customize these settings to your liking.
- Automatic backups. FastComet takes snapshots of your server on a daily basis, but these are not stored off site unless you pay extra. Still, it’s a good thing to have if you accidentally mess something up and need to restore a previous version of your server.
|vCPU cores||1 to 6|
|RAM||2GB to 16GB|
|Data center locations||The US, Canada, the UK, Germany, India, Japan, Singapore, Australia|
|Free trial||7 days (money-back guarantee)|
7. InMotion Hosting – US-Based Managed and Self-Managed ServersInMotion Hosting has a little something for everyone. If you’re a developer looking to keep costs low, InMotion’s self-managed cloud servers could work for you. However, no dashboard is included with these VPS plans, so you have to manage and configure everything via the command line. Or, you can opt for a managed VPS. The managed servers are a better place to start if you’re not particularly tech-savvy. cPanel and WHM are included in the baseline price, as are Softaculous and InMotion’s BoldGrid website builder for WordPress. Once your server is set up, it’s just as easy to use as simple shared hosting. But before you get too excited, you have to know that InMotion Hosting’s managed VPS configurations are definitely on the expensive side. The service is worth the extra cost if you can afford it, but if not, there are cheaper options.
InMotion Hosting VPS Hosting
Plan NameStorageBandwidthCPURAMPricePlan NameStorageBandwidthCPURAMPrice4 GB RAM90 GB SSD Storage2 TB2 CORES4 GB RAM$24.99More details8 GB RAM150 GB SSD Storageunlimited4 CORES8 GB RAM$39.99More details12 GB RAM210 GB SSD Storageunlimited6 CORES12 GB RAM$49.99More details16 GB RAM360 GB SSD Storageunlimited8 CORES16 GB RAM$59.99More detailsMore details
- Launch Assist. You get two hours with an InMotion Hosting sysadmin who will help you set up and optimize your server. If you already have a website, you can also use this time to have it transferred by a professional.
- UltraStack infrastructure. Managed servers are preconfigured with Nginx, Brotli compression, and several layers of caching for faster loading speeds. The best part? You don’t have to configure caching yourself.
- Burstable RAM. If there’s a surge in traffic, you can use more RAM than is normally allocated to your VPS. Your website continues to run smoothly and your costs stay the same. For a while, at least.
- 90-day money-back guarantee. It’s not technically a free trial, but it is the most generous guarantee on this list. Basically, you can use InMotion Hosting’s VPS hosting for just under three months, then cancel your plan for a full refund.
|vCPU cores||1 to 8|
|RAM||1GB to 32GB|
|Data center locations||USA|
|Free trial||90 days (money-back guarantee)|
8. A2 Hosting – Flexible VPS Hosting for Low- to High-Traffic WebsitesLike InMotion, A2 Hosting has a broad range of VPS plans, including managed and self-managed servers. That said, the marketing can be a bit confusing. Lift, Mach, Runway, Supersonic – what does it all mean? Let me simplify to save you some time. Lift and Mach are A2 Hosting’s managed VPS plans. They’re more expensive because they include a cPanel license and support for setting up your server. If you have a relatively small website, one of the Lift configurations should do the trick. But if you need more power, Mach gives you more RAM per vCPU core, as well as A2’s more powerful “Turbo Servers.”
Runway and Supersonic are A2’s self-managed VPS plans. They’re much cheaper, but they don’t include cPanel licenses, and you have to configure the server yourself. As with the managed plans, the difference between these is that the Supersonic plans come with more vCPU cores, extra RAM per core, and Turbo Servers. Despite the bombastic names, this diverse portfolio is actually a good thing. Whether you have a small online store or a massive, high-traffic blog, and whether you can manage your own server or you need help getting set up, there’s an option here for you. Find out more about A2 Hosting’s feature in our expert review.
A2 Hosting VPS Hosting
Plan NameStorageBandwidthCPURAMPricePlan NameStorageBandwidthCPURAMPriceRUNWAY 1 - Unmanaged150 GB SSD2 TB1 CORE1 GB$2.99More detailsRUNWAY 2 - Unmanaged250 GB SSD3 TB2 CORES2 GB$7.99More detailsRUNWAY 4 - Unmanaged450 GB SSD4 TB4 CORES4 GB$9.99More detailsSUPERSONIC 8 - Unmanaged150 GB NVMe2 TB2 CORES8 GB$29.99More detailsSUPERSONIC 16 - Unmanaged250 GB NVMe3 TB6 CORES16 GB$59.99More detailsSUPERSONIC 32 - Unmanaged450 GB NVMe4 TB8 CORES32 GB$89.99More detailsLIFT 4150 GB SSD2 TB2 CORES4 GB$39.99More detailsLIFT 8250 GB SSD3 TB6 CORES6 GB$54.99More detailsLIFT 16450 GB SSD4 TB8 CORES16 GB$67.99More detailsMACH 8150 GB NVMe2 TB2 CORES8 GB$59.99More detailsMACH 16250 GB NVMe3 TB6 CORES16 GB$89.99More detailsMACH 32450 GB NVMe4 TB8 CORES32 GB$99.99More detailsMore details
- Turbo Server upgrade. Aside from extra RAM, A2’s Turbo Servers have faster NVMe drives, easy WebSocket configuration, and compatibility with ESI (Edge Side Includes). Managed Turbo Servers also benefit from LiteSpeed and LiteSpeed caching.
- Integrated caching. APC, OPcache, and Memcached are all set up for you on the Lift and Mach servers. These optimizations are especially useful for PHP-based websites.
- Built-in security. Reinforced DDoS protection is available on both managed and self-managed servers, but the managed plans also come with a dual firewall, a malware scanner, and automatic software updates.
- “Anytime” money-back guarantee. Even after the first 30 days, you can apply for a refund if you change your mind about A2’s service. This isn’t a full refund, but you will get your money back for any unused hosting.
|vCPU cores||1 to 8|
|RAM||1GB to 32GB|
|Data center locations||The US, the Netherlands, Singapore|
|Free trial||30 days (money-back guarantee)|
9. InterServer – Cheap, Yet Reliable VPS Hosting for Experienced UsersInterServer is one of the cheapest VPS providers on this list. Hostinger and IONOS have slightly lower prices, but only during the first term. Of all the hosts I’ve tested, InterServer is the most affordable host after plan renewal. Plus, if you buy at least four VPS slices (four vCPU cores and 8GB of RAM), you get managed support for free.
Still, I wouldn’t recommend InterServer for beginners. InterServer’s UI is dated, confusing, and to be perfectly frank, an ugly thing to look at. If you know what you’re doing, it’s fairly easy to use. But if you’re new to VPS hosting, there’s a good chance you’ll need help. Which brings me to my next point: InterServer’s customer support is available 24/7, but it can take hours for them to fix a simple issue, especially if you don’t get managed support with your VPS. All in all, I’d say that InterServer lets you get away with paying very little for outstanding performance, but only if you already know your way around a server.
InterServer VPS Hosting
Plan NameStorageBandwidthCPURAMPricePlan NameStorageBandwidthCPURAMPriceVPS1 - Linux30 GB SSD1 TB1 CORE2 GB$6.00More detailsVPS2 - Linux60 GB SSD2 TB2 CORES4 GB$12.00More detailsVPS3 - Linux90 GB SSD3 TB3 CORES6 GB$18.00More detailsVPS4 - Linux120 GB SSD4 TB4 CORES8 GB$24.00More detailsVPS5 - Linux150 GB SSD5 TB5 CORES10 GB$30.00More detailsVPS6 - Linux180 GB SSD6 TB6 CORES12 GB$36.00More detailsVPS7 - Linux210 GB SSD7 TB7 CORES14 GB$42.00More detailsVPS8 - Linux240 GB SSD8 TB8 CORES16 GB$48.00More detailsVPS9 - Linux270 GB SSD9 TB9 CORES18 GB$54.00More detailsVPS1 - Windows30 GB SSD2 TB1 CORE2 GB$10.00More detailsVPS2 - Windows60 GB SSD4 TB2 CORES4 GB$20.00More detailsVPS3 - Windows90 GB SSD6 TB3 CORES6 GB$30.00More detailsVPS4 - Windows120 GB SSD8 TB4 CORES8 GB$40.00More detailsVPS5 - Windows150 GB SSD10 TB5 CORES10 GB$50.00More detailsVPS6 - Windows180 GB SSD12 TB6 CORES12 GB$60.00More detailsVPS7 - Windows210 GB SSD14 TB7 CORES14 GB$70.00More detailsVPS8 - Windows240 GB SSD16 TB8 CORES16 GB$80.00More detailsVPS9 - Windows270 GB SSD18 TB9 CORES18 GB$90.00More detailsMore details
- Your choice of control panel. InterServer offers the cPanel, PLESK, and DirectAdmin control panels, so you can manage your server however you prefer.
- High availability. If your server goes down, users get redirected to a copy of your VM that’s hosted elsewhere. Your website or app continues to run, while InterServer buys time to fix the issue.
- Cheap remote backups. Automatic backups stored off site are more affordable from InterServer than from other providers. You can also create backups manually and download them to your PC.
- No steep renewals. Most hosts have attractive headline prices, but hit you with outrageous renewal rates when the first term runs out. InterServer doesn’t do this. What you see is what you pay, so to speak – both when you sign up and when you renew.
|vCPU cores||1 to 16|
|RAM||2GB to 32GB|
|Data center locations||The US|
10. Cloudways – Managed Hosting On the Largest Providers Out ThereWhile it does offer its own managed VPS (or rather, its parent company does), the unique thing about Cloudways is that it offers full management of VPS servers from some of the largest, enterprise-level providers out there. That means that it can give you access to state-of-the-art hosting from providers like Google Cloud or AWS, but without all the difficulty that comes with handling those beasts. However, while Cloudways’ cheaper plans cost as little as $11.00 per month, the plans with access to the really exciting features cost a pretty penny. It’s definitely worth it if you can part with the money, but that won’t be a possibility for many. If you want, you can try Cloudways for free for 3 days, which may give you a sense of how the service works.
Cloudways Cloud Hosting
Plan NameStorageBandwidthCPURAMPricePlan NameStorageBandwidthCPURAMPriceDO1GB25 GB1 TB1 CORE1 GB$11.00More detailsDO2GB50 GB2 TB1 CORE2 GB$24.00More detailsDO4GB80 GB4 TB2 CORES4 GB$46.00More detailsDO8GB160 GB5 TB4 CORES8 GB$88.00More detailsLinode1GB25 GB1 TB1 CORE1 GB$14.00More detailsLinode2GB50 GB2 TB1 CORE2 GB$28.00More detailsLinode4GB80 GB4 TB2 CORES4 GB$59.00More detailsLinode8GB160 GB5 TB4 CORES8 GB$105.00More detailsVULTR1GB25 GB1 TB1 CORE1 GB$14.00More detailsVULTR2GB40 GB2 TB1 CORE2 GB$28.00More detailsVULTR4GB60 GB3 TB2 CORES4 GB$54.00More detailsVULTR8GB100 GB4 TB4 CORES8 GB$99.00More detailsAWS Small20 GB2 GB1 CORE1.75GB$38.56More detailsAWS Medium20 GB2 GB1 CORE3.75GB$91.84More detailsAWS CO Large20 GB2 GB2 CORES4GB$164.50More detailsAWS Large20 GB2 GB4 CORES8 GB$183.22More detailsGCE Small20 GB2 GB1vCPU1.70 GB$37.45More detailsGCE Medium20 GB2 GB1vCPU3.75 GB$84.12More detailsMore details
- Your choice of five different providers. Your choice of servers from DigitalOcean, VULTR, Linode, AWS, or Google Cloud.
- 1-click server cloning. Cloudways allows you to clone an entire server with just a single click.
- 15+ monitoring metrics. Do you want to keep an eye on your server’s performance? Cloudways offers more than 15 real-time metrics that allow you to monitor your VPS.
- 24/7 support. Cloudways’ support is available at any hour for the full 365 days of the year.
|vCPU cores||1 to 96|
|RAM||1 GB to 384 GB|
|Data center locations||60+ worldwide locations|
|Free trial||3-day free trial|
Which Is the Best VPS Hosting Service for Your Project?As I said before, only the best, most reliable VPS providers made our list, so you can’t go terribly wrong with any one of them. That said, some are best suited for beginners, while others give you more freedom to customize your server. Some are super-cheap and basic, while others are more expensive with extra features. If you’re not yet sure about your pick, these are my recommendations: Scala Hosting is by far the best choice for beginners to VPS hosting. It’s user-friendly, it offers plenty of resources, and the service is fully managed – all at an affordable price. If you know your way around a server, Kamatera offers outstanding VPS hosting. It’s not the cheapest provider on this list, but it is still affordable, and it offers an unmatched level of customizability and performance. Finally, if you’re looking for something dirt-cheap but reliable, IONOS is the choice for you. It offers solid performance at incredibly low prices if you don’t mind having to manage your server yourself.
Take a look at the comparison table below to see how the providers on this list stack up against one another:
|Standout feature||Free trial?||Managed support?||Starting price|
|Scala Hosting||Beginner-friendly managed VPS||“Anytime” (money-back)||Available||$20.00|
|Kamatera||Powerful, state-of-the-art servers||30 days||Available||$4.00|
|IONOS||Incredibly affordable plans||✘||Self-managed||$2.00|
|Hostinger||Super low prices for the initial term||30 days (money-back)||Self-managed||$3.99|
|Liquid Web||Managed VPS hosting that gives you full control||✘||Fully-managed||$15.00|
|FastComet||Excellent managed support||7 days (money-back)||Fully-managed||$46.16|
|InMotion Hosting||Great performance in the US||90 days (money-back)||Available||$24.99|
|A2 Hosting||Flexible managed and self-managed servers||30 days (money-back)||Available||$2.99|
|InterServer||Low-cost VPS hosting with Webuzo||✘||Available||$6.00|
|Cloudways||Third-party management for 5 different providers||3-day free-trial||Fully-managed||$11.00|