Too busy for a full read? Here is the BEST Web Hosting Service for Real Profits in 2022
Green Geeks – Get unlimited bandwidth and SSD storage, plus free email accounts and unlimited MySQL databases. Click here for the best Green Geeks deal.
Not all reseller hosting providers are equally effective. Some companies that offer reseller hosting don’t provide decent performance or strong technical support for you and your clients, and you don’t want to be reselling a low-quality service.
But there’s more to it than that. Reselling hosting can be a complex business, and you want to be sure you’re getting everything you need. Some hosts restrict you to predetermined plans, while others allow you to allocate your resources however you like. The best providers offer professional hosting management software at no added cost, and some even give you white-label control panels that you can customize with your own branding.
I researched the top reseller hosting providers on the market and tested their services. I picked out the ones that offer the best value for resellers, to help you make the right choice.
In a Hurry? Here Are the Top Reseller Hosting Providers in January 2022
- GreenGeeks – Allows you to customize client packages and allocate unlimited resources however you’d like
- A2 Hosting – Includes the WHM control panel that lets you create an individual account for each client
- InterServer – Keeps your customers’ websites separate, providing them with better security and performance
What We Look For in the Best Reseller Web Hosts
I looked into dozens of reseller hosting companies to determine which ones are actually effective. One of the most beneficial tools web hosts provide is the Web Host Manager Complete Solution (WHMCS). This comprehensive billing, client management, and technical support solution helps run your reseller web hosting business efficiently.
These are some other key elements that the best reseller hosting providers offer:
- Flexibility: The best reseller hosts let you customize your own hosting packages and allocate resources just about any way you want.
- Generous resources: All of the hosts on my list offer sufficient resources with their reseller plans – in most cases, storage space and bandwidth are unlimited.
- Powerful performance: To build your reseller business and reputation, you want your customers to enjoy fast page loading speeds and consistent uptime.
- Strong customer support: You may not have the time or resources to figure out all your clients’ technical issues. The best reseller hosting providers will either assist your clients directly or provide you with professional guidance on how to assist them yourself.
- Pricing: Should be fair (no sneaky long contracts!), affordable, and give you good value for your money, so that you have the best profit margin.
GreenGeeks’ reseller hosting plans offer unlimited bandwidth and SSD storage. They also come with free WHMCS licenses and private nameservers that let you customize the packages you offer and allocate your resources however you want. You can also customize your clients’ control panels with your own branding.
GreenGeeks Reseller Hosting
Each hosting account includes many important features, such as free email accounts, unlimited MySQL databases, free SSL certificates, a drag-and-drop website builder, free shopping cart installation for e-commerce sites, and more. Plus, GreenGeeks has a signature offering: to offset your usage by 300% using renewable energy credits. These days, some of your clients might see this as a major selling point.
- Client accounts: You can host 25-80 client cPanel accounts, depending on which reseller hosting plan you choose. If it turns out you need more accounts than the number included with your plan, you can add them in blocks of five without having to upgrade.
- Security: GreenGeeks provides 24/7 real-time security monitoring and custom security rules to protect you and your clients’ websites from hackers and other threats. Read our full GreenGeeks review to find out what happened when we tested the service for 30 days.
- Developer-friendly: GreenGeeks offers multiple PHP versions, Perl and Python support, and access to the latest developer tools (Git, WP-Cli, Drush, and more).
- Free migration: If you are transferring your reseller account from another web host, GreenGeeks offers free migration for up to 30 cPanel accounts.
|Starting Price for Reseller Hosting||$19.95 per month|
|Flexibility||100% white label, and you can design your own packages based on disk space, bandwidth, domains, email accounts, and more|
|Resources||Unlimited bandwidth and disk space|
|Performance||Utilizes the latest speed technologies: SSD RAID-10 storage arrays, PHP7, CDN, and more|
|Customer Support||Hosting specialists offer you 24/7 assistance via live chat, email, or phone. Plus, their knowledge base includes video tutorials for DIY-ers|
|Money-Back Guarantee||30 days|
A2 Hosting offers four reseller hosting plans, and a free Blesta license is included with all of them. Blesta is a decent customer management solution, but if you opt for the Silver, Gold, or Platinum plan, you can choose WHMCS – a more advanced platform – instead.
Before you choose a plan, check our A2 hosting coupon page to get the latest deal.
Each A2 Hosting reseller account has its own user-friendly WebHost Manager (WHM) control panel that allows you to create individual accounts for all of your clients. Not only that, but your reseller account is fully white-labeled so that you can promote services under your own brand, to your own customers. You also get a free eNom reseller account with any A2 Hosting reseller plan.
A2 Hosting Reseller Hosting
As for hosting quality, you’ll be glad to know that A2 Hosting is built for speed, and includes SSD hardware storage and Cloudflare CDN. It also offers a 20x faster turbo option. To see the results of our performance tests, read our in-depth A2 Hosting review.
- Client accounts: You can host 40-100 client accounts, depending on your plan.
- Pricing: You can try A2 Hosting’s reseller plans completely risk-free, thanks to its Anytime Money-Back Guarantee. This means you can cancel anytime you want and get a prorated refund.
- WordPress-optimized servers: If you build WordPress sites for your clients, you’ll be glad to know A2 Hosting goes to great lengths to make sure WordPress websites perform at their best in terms of speed and security.
- Advanced Security: A2 Hosting’s reseller hosting plans include a proprietary security suite called Perpetual Security, which proactively keeps your clients’ websites safe from hackers and other threats.
|Starting Price for Reseller Hosting||$24.99 per month|
|Flexibility||You can create your own packages with their own names and resource allocations (disk quota and monthly bandwidth, cPanel theme, features, and more)|
|Resources||Ranges from 30 GB to 200 GB of storage and 400-2,000GB of bandwidth|
|Performance||99.9% uptime guarantee, 20x Turbo Servers, and SSD storage|
|Customer Support||24/7/365 “Guru Crew” support via live chat, email, phone, and an online knowledge base|
InterServer’s reseller hosting plans include all the features that are part of the Standard web hosting plan. Your clients will get cPanel, unlimited Ultra SSD storage, access to hundreds of cloud apps (including one-click installs for WordPress, Joomla, Magento, and more), access to the SitePad website builder, unlimited email accounts, free in-house security known as InterShield, and free SSL certificates.
InterServer Reseller Hosting
You can manage your clients through the WHM control panel. For an additional monthly fee, InterServer offers you the opportunity to create unique IP addresses, and have your own private DNS server.
- Security: InterServer keeps websites separate, meaning that if one of your clients’ websites has a security flaw or experiences a traffic peak, it won’t affect other clients. The company also performs automatic daily backups.
- Customer accounts: You can have 20-70 cPanel accounts, depending on which package you purchase.
- Generous resources: You’ll probably never have to worry about running out of storage space or bandwidth, as long as you follow InterServer’s fair use policy.
- Performance: InterServer’s caching features help boost your loading speeds. Does this actually work? Check our full InterServer review for the results of our performance tests.
|Starting Price for Reseller Hosting||$19.95 per month|
|Flexibility||Manage your clients through WHM|
|Resources||Disk space ranges from 80-240GB and monthly bandwidth ranges from 500-2,000GB|
|Performance||LiteSpeed caching and Cloudflare CDN boosts loading time|
|Customer Support||24/7 live chat, email, phone, as well as online tutorials offered|
|Money-Back Guarantee||30 days|
What makes InMotion Hosting stand out is that in addition to shared reseller hosting, it offers VPS reseller hosting plans. This is ideal if you build more complex websites for large clients who require more than what standard shared hosting can provide.
The VPS reseller packages include free server management so that your infrastructure is secure and up to date. You also get a white label suite which allows for custom cPanel branding, and a free WHMCS license with every plan. The downside with the VPS reseller plans is that you only get 5 cPanels, as opposed to the 25-80 you get with the shared reseller plans.
InMotion Hosting Reseller Hosting
If you choose to purchase InMotion’s Reseller Advantage service, you can also enter the domain reseller business, and start selling domains and hosting in less than 48 hours.
- Free migrations: Depending on the plan you choose, you can get up to 50 cPanel account transfers to help move your customers’ sites over to your new hosting space.
- IP addresses: You can have up to five dedicated IP addresses, depending on your choice of plan.
- WHM access: Included at no extra charge.
- Generous money-back guarantee: InMotion Hosting gives you a full 90 days to test the service, outdoing the 30-day industry standard.
|Starting Price for Reseller Hosting||$21.39 per month|
|Flexibility||You can customize your hosting package in your Reseller WHM|
|Resources||80-260GB disk space and 800GB-6TB bandwidth|
|Performance||99.9% uptime guarantee. Two Max Speed Zone data centers served by multiple tier 1 Internet Service Providers, with multiple layers of redundancy|
|Customer Support||24/7 phone, live chat, and email support. The higher-tier plans come with two free hours of InMotion’s specialized service, Launch Assist, to help you get your hosting business up|
|Money-Back Guarantee||90 days|
With Kamatera, you have two options for reselling. The first option is to buy and sell directly, by purchasing services and products at a wholesale price, and then selling to your clients at whatever retail price you set. The second option is to sign up for the White Label Reseller Hosting program, which allows you to customize the control panel with your own branding.
The great thing about both of these options is that there’s no upfront investment – Kamatera provides you with all the tools you need, and you pay a percentage of your total monthly earnings from clients. This means you’ll never have to pay for resources you don’t need.
If you choose Kamatera, you can decide between a basic or fully managed cloud VPS service that can be scaled to meet your needs. Either way, cloud servers offer infinite scalability and availability, server setup in less than a minute, no hardware maintenance, and simple backup and monitoring.
- Plesk control panel: Plesk supports multiple operating systems, comes with a built-in app installer, and lets you manage your sites easily.
- Microsoft licensed partner: You can purchase software product licenses for a lower cost, and benefit from faster installation times and automatic upgrades.
- Choose your operating system: You have a choice between CloudLinux, Windows Server, CentOS, Debian, or Ubuntu.
- Pricing calculator: Kamatera’s pricing calculator lets you figure out what resources you need and how much they will cost.
|Starting Price for Reseller Hosting||No upfront investment|
|Flexibility||You can choose your desired operating system and desired SSD storage, number of CPU cores, monthly bandwidth, and more|
|Resources||You have a choice between 30-1,000 GB of SSD storage, and a monthly bandwidth of up to 500 GB|
|Performance||99.95% uptime guaranteed|
|Customer Support||Skilled cloud engineers are available 24/7 via email and phone|
|Money-Back Guarantee||30 days|
Which Reseller Hosting Provider Is Right For You?
Reseller hosting can be highly profitable, and a great way to add income streams to your existing business. When starting out, it’s important to pick the best provider for you, based on you and your clients’ needs.
Here are my recommendations:
- GreenGeeks is my top choice because it offers flexible package customization, including unlimited resources that you can distribute however you choose.
- If security is a top priority for you, you should look into InterServer’s reseller plans. It keeps your websites separate, meaning if one has a security flaw, the others will not be affected. In addition, it offers its proprietary InterShield security suite.
- If you’re building websites for big clients and want to offer them more than what basic shared hosting can provide, InMotion Hosting is the best choice thanks to its VPS reseller hosting plans.
|GreenGeeks||100% white-label, design your own packages||Unlimited bandwidth and disk space||24/7 hosting specialists and knowledge base|
|A2 Hosting||Design your own branded packages||30-200GB storage and 400-2,000GB of bandwidth||24/7/365 “Guru Crew” and knowledge base|
|InterServer||400+ 1-click app installs||80-240GB disk space and 500-2,000GB monthly bandwidth||24/7 live chat, email, phone support and online tutorials|
|InMotion Hosting||Customize your hosting package in your Reseller WHM||80-260GB disk space and 800GB-6TB bandwidth||24/7 phone, live chat, and email support. Two hours of free Launch Assist support at higher tiers|
|Kamatera||Choose your operating system, SSD storage, CPU cores, monthly bandwidth, and more||You can choose 30-1,000 GB of SSD storage and a monthly bandwidth of up to 500 GB||Skilled cloud engineers are available 24/7 via email and phone|
Who is the best reseller hosting provider? My first choice would be GreenGeeks’ reseller hosting packages. The platform offers outstanding customer support, and reseller accounts come with free WHMCS, white-label control panels, and unlimited resources. If you’re just looking for a host for your own website, don’t miss our list of the best web hosting services.Which reseller web host is the most affordable?Almost all of the providers on this list have pretty affordable deals. Kamatera’s reseller plans are more expensive since cloud hosting tends to be pricey. The most affordable choice is A2 Hosting – and you also get an anytime money-back guarantee. You can also check out our coupon page to see the best web hosting deals that are available right now.Is reseller web hosting profitable?In short, yes. But for the best profit margin, it’s important to choose the best reseller hosting provider. Once you figure out what you need to fulfill your clients’ requirements, you can pick the best provider that will offer all of the features you’re looking for. It’s important to keep in mind features like professional hosting management software and unlimited resources and domains, for example, which can help you run your reseller hosting business successfully. If you’re new to the wonderful world of web hosting, you may want to take a peek at our free web hosting glossary before you get started.Which reseller hosting providers offer a free WHMCS license?GreenGeeks and InMotion Hosting offer WHMCS with all of their packages, while A2 Hosting offers WHMCS with most packages. I would say that if you need to choose a provider based on the WHMCS feature, GreenGeeks is the way to go. To learn more about GreenGeeks, you can read our in-depth expert review.