If you’re looking to build a website that will be safe from arbitrary takedowns, DMCA ignored hosting is the way to go. Were all of them created equal? Of course not. That’s why I went looking for the best ones.
While many hosts advertise that they do allow content that’s protected by the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act), what matters is their actual reaction when the website takedown notices arrive. Some hosts will cave in, avoid the legal battles, and just take your website off the air.
Another problem is that depending on your content, some DMCA ignored hosts will be less sympathetic to your cause. They might do a good job protecting you against copyright issues but fail to stand up against governments or politically motivated groups.
I signed up with the biggest names in DMCA ignored hosting to test their performance and understand exactly which content they approve. Don’t risk losing all of your hard work! Read on and make an informed decision.
Quick List: The Best DMCA Ignored Hosting Services
- Shinjiru – Any content is accepted. Bitcoin can be used to purchase hosting and domains for complete anonymity.
- BlueAngelHost – A huge amount of bandwidth that’s protected against DDoS (distributed denial of service) attacks, with locations in Bulgaria, the Netherlands, and Russia.
- Flaunt7 – Flaunt7 offers cheap DMCA ignored hosting in the Netherlands. It provides extra security features, and no ID or verification is required.
- ProHoster – The shared plan allows hosting of multiple websites. Advanced hosting solutions are available in Russia and Ukraine.
- AbeloHost – This one is best for gambling and political content, not DMCA content. Hosted in the Netherlands.
What We Look For in the Best DMCA Ignored Hosting Services
- A clear policy – It’s not enough for a host to say that it’s “offshore” or “DMCA ignored.” I’ve combined my experience, community feedback, and the hosting provider’s policy to bring you clear guidelines on what can and can’t be hosted.
- Offshore server locations – “Offshore” generally refers to outside of the US, but many other countries still fall under the jurisdiction of the DMCA, meaning you’ll want to avoid them. The more offshore locations in countries that aren’t part of the agreement, the better.
- Resources and performance – When you want to protect your site and privacy from international agreements and governments, it’s easy to forget about the basics. Worry not. These hosts provide ample resources, steady uptimes, and fast speeds.
- Alternative payment methods – Sometimes, paying with your credit card just can’t be avoided. Still, if using bitcoin or anonymous transfers is possible, you can further protect yourself from prosecution and privacy breaches.
- Security features – Not everybody is going to like your site, and some of them will go to great lengths to bring it down. DDoS attacks are especially harmful, which is why these hosts provide defenses against them and many other dangers.
With eight global data centers, all in countries known to ignore DMCA notices, Shinjiru provides you with the best variety of offshore locations. It’s registered and headquartered in Malaysia, making it completely out of reach for DMCA enforcers.
The company has developed its own network to protect clients from DDoS attacks and provides almost any kind of hosting – from shared plans to email hosting, co-location and dedicated servers. All Shinjiru’s hosting services are available in each of the eight data centers.
Shinjiru mainly advertises itself as an “offshore jurisdiction,” not specifying the lengths it would go to, to fight DMCA legal battles. Still, it does promise to ignore DMCA notices, and if you choose a server in Russia, Malaysia, or Bulgaria, you could probably host any content you desire.
- Strongbolt hosting – The company’s shared Budget plans are cheaper, but it’s with the more advanced Strongbolt plans that you’ll get the best protection. Strongbolt plans are completely managed and include anti-DDoS protection, an anti-hacking security suite, and hidden DNS (Domain Name System) and IPs.
- Pay with cryptocurrencies – Bitcoin and Ethereum are accepted through the CoinPayments gateway, and a manual bitcoin transfer is also possible. If you choose the manual transfer, account activation could take longer. If Shinjiru isn’t quite right for you, these web hosting services accept Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies too.
- Anonymous domain registration – Shinjiru also acts as a domain registrar, providing popular options, like a .com domain, and DMCA-protected ones, like .ga and .cc. This makes it the best anonymous web hosting provider around.
- Physical offshore address – If your business or ventures require an offshore office for calls, mail, fax, or the address itself, Shinjiru provides such a service. The company will sort all office tasks for you, allowing you to maintain your privacy and discretion.
For more information, read our full Shinjiru review.
All BlueAngelHost plans are 100% protected against DMCA notices and packed with a huge amount of anti-DDoS traffic. That means that even if someone was to target a massive DDoS attack at your site, the defenses will be able to stop it.
Regular shared hosting is hosted in Bulgaria, where DMCA regulations are hardly ever enforced. I should say that uploading video or audio is not allowed in the shared plans, and for those purposes, you’ll have to purchase a VPS or dedicated solution.
VPS and dedicated servers are available in the Netherlands, Russia, and Bulgaria, and can be used to upload any file type. Illegal and fraudulent activities like botnets, hacking, carding, and phishing are strictly prohibited on all plans.
- Confirmation process – BlueAngelHost takes its confirmation and verification process seriously, to protect itself AND you from possible prosecution. Because this process is done manually, account activation is not immediate, but you can expect it to be ready within a few hours.
- 500+ GBPS DDoS protections – This is available on the shared plans and is a staggeringly high amount of protected bandwidth, much higher than some of the other providers on this list. VPS and dedicated plans come with 100 GBPS, but more can be purchased. Our expert BlueAngelHost review shows you all the other features you can expect, including DDoS protection.
- Choose between two virtualization technologies – For cheap offshore VPS hosting, go with the OpenVZ plans. For resource-intensive projects, the KVM plans will pack more of a punch – but at a higher price. Both fully ignore DMCA notices.
- Accepts cryptocurrencies – Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and Ripple are all accepted. Classic payment methods, like PayPal and credit cards, are also available.
3. Flaunt7 – Affordable European Offshore Hosting
Flaunt7 may not (yet) serve hundreds of thousands of clients, but it treats its customers with the utmost respect – guaranteeing complete freedom of speech and not requiring any form of identity verification.
The company’s tolerance extends toward any legal activity, from DMCA protected content to adult material. Flaunt7 will not accept any form of illegal activity, such as phishing scams, fraud sites, spamming, and the like.
Flaunt7 hosting plans are available in the three standard categories – shared, VPS (virtual private servers), and dedicated servers. Prices aren’t half bad, and the Flaunt7 team will even take care of executing a full website migration for you.
- 24/7 support – Support is available through live chat, tickets, and email. Agent response times on live chat are usually around one or two minutes.
- Amsterdam data center – The Netherlands is generally lenient with its enforcement of DMCA protections and extremely respectful of the right to free speech. European audiences can expect fast and reliable connections.
- Two-factor authentication – Flaunt7 employs this security feature to prevent any kind of unauthorized access. Other features include a firewall protected by AI (artificial intelligence) and DDoS protection.
- Pay with bitcoin – All plans are available for purchase with bitcoin, leaving no trace or money trail.
To learn more, read our expert Flaunt7 review.
ProHoster is very clear about what’s prohibited and can’t be hosted with its plans: mailing servers, brute force attack servers, carding, phishing, malware, and spam.
The company’s site is in Russian, but almost every part has a matching English version. If you’re a Russian speaker, this should be right up your alley.
Judging by the online community’s experience, it looks like content protected by DMCA regulations will remain online. I would’ve liked to have seen a more substantial guarantee, but real user experiences are just as telling.
Note that ProHoster’s shared hosting plans are available only in the Netherlands, while VPS plans are available in both the Netherlands and Russia. If you choose to go with a dedicated server, you’ll be able to choose between locations in the US (which aren’t protected from the DMCA!), Ukraine, and the Netherlands.
- Multiple websites – Even on the most basic shared plan you’ll be able to host ten websites. The plan comes complete with the necessary databases and FTP accounts. If you have only one domain to work with, the unlimited subdomains are a definite plus.
- Website builder – ProHoster is one of the only providers on this list that offers a drag-and-drop website builder. If you’re looking to host offshore but aren’t a coding wiz, a website builder can go a long way in making your life easier.
- Windows offshore hosting – ProHoster offers offshore VPS hosting, even with the Windows Server operating system. Windows VPS plans are available in Ukraine, which is historically known for its very lenient approach toward DMCA.
- Multiple cryptocurrencies – Pay with a variety of cryptocurrencies, from bitcoin and Ethereum to EXMO and Ripple. Complete anonymity guaranteed.
For a full list of features, read our expert ProHoster review.
If you’re looking to host content protected by the DMCA, AbeloHost is not for you. The company has been known to immediately take sites down after receiving the first legal notice. User reports have been very clear on the subject.
Why did I include it on the list then? Because if you’re looking for offshore hosting to build a political, adult, or gambling website, AbeloHost is an excellent choice. Even the VPS plans are affordable, and the cheap, high-storage plans are a great option if you’re willing to compromise on speed – as a budget-friendly option, all AbeloHost’s plans include all the standard web hosting features.
The company’s servers are located in data centers in the Netherlands, and they offer a 99.9% uptime guarantee and excellent speeds throughout Europe.
- Full cPanel and Softaculous hosting – Immediately bring your new site online and administer it with ease with this combination. If you’re moving your site from another host, AbeloHost will provide free migration services.
- Backup services – Backups are available at an added cost. Your website will be backed up to a separate server to provide you with extra redundancy measures. You can perform manual backups or configure automatic ones.
- Fair pricing – The prices you see on the plan pages are for monthly payments. If you choose to pay in advance for longer periods, you can get up to 50% off.
- Bitcoin, Alipay, and WeChat Pay – AbeloHost accepts bitcoin, but also the super-popular Chinese payment gateways, Alipay and WeChat Pay. It’s one of the only offshore providers to do so.
Protect Your Website and Privacy without Compromising on Performance
There’s an art to DMCA ignored hosting. The best ones know exactly how to avoid the takedown notices, lawyering their way around and making the bureaucracy and red tape work in your favor.
Each of the hosts on our list has proven their ability to protect your content, and the final decision depends on your content type and audience location.
If you’re looking for complete anonymity and a choice between eight worldwide data centers, Shinjiru would be my recommendation. There’s really no limit to the type of content you can host with it.
If you’re aiming mostly at European visitors and are afraid of hackers attacking your site, BlueAngelHost is the way to go. Just remember that you’ll need a VPS plan or higher to host video and audio.
Take a look at the following table to get a better understanding of the options:
|Offshore Locations||Allowed Content||Cryptocurrencies Accepted||Security Features|
|Shinjiru||The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Lithuania, Bulgaria, Russia, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore||Any content||Bitcoin, Ethereum||On the Strongbolt plans – DDoS protection, anti-hacking security suite, hidden DNS and IPs|
|Flaunt7||The Netherlands||Any content except fraudulent activities||Bitcoin||DDoS protection, SSL certificate, two-factor authentication, an AI protected firewall|
|ProHoster||The Netherlands, Russia, Ukraine, US (not DMCA ignored)||Any content except fraudulent activities||Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, EXMO, more||DDoS protection, an SSL certificate|
|BlueAngelHost||The Netherlands, Russia, Bulgaria||Any content except fraudulent activities||Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple||500+ GBPS of DDoS protection included with the shared plans|
|AbeloHost||The Netherlands||Any content except fraudulent activities and DMCA content||Bitcoin||DDoS protection, an SSL certificate|