Finding cheap Windows hosting you can actually rely on can be a struggle – and it can be frustrating to see super-cheap deals on Linux hosting while prices for Windows hosting never go that low! When you need Windows hosting for compatibility reasons, such as for ASP.NET or Microsoft Exchange, MSSQL or SharePoint, Linux hosting isn’t an option, and some hosting providers capitalize on that, charging more for the same amount of resources.
I’ve tested over 20 Windows hosting packages in my hunt for the most affordable deals. While I can’t promise to find you Windows hosting that’s as cheap as Hostinger’s famous Linux hosting deals, what I can reveal is some of the best Windows hosting for stability, security, and features – that won’t break your budget.
In a Hurry? These Are the Top Cheap Windows Hosting Services in October 2021
- Kamatera – powerful and fully customizable Windows cloud hosting with support for the latest versions of Windows Server
- InterServer – simple and cheap Windows hosting with just one ASP.NET hosting plan that can support up to 25 websites
- Liquid Web – fast VPS Windows hosting with an unrivalled 100% uptime guarantee and 24/7 expert support
What We Look For in the Best Cheap Windows Hosting Services
When you’re looking for the cheapest but best Windows hosting, you often have to make compromises. But there are some things I won’t go without. All the hosts on this list will give you:
- Full compatibility – One of the most common reasons for looking for Windows hosting is that you need excellent software compatibility with your business systems.
- Strong security – Windows servers aren’t as secure as Linux out of the box, so you need a host that offers high-level security (even if it costs more).
- Stable servers – A good uptime history and an uptime guarantee are absolutely essential – you don’t want a cheap host that has long periods of downtime.
- Value for money – Low prices don’t necessarily mean good value. I look for value-added features, too, like site migrations and freebies.
- Money-back guarantee – If you sign up for a long-term plan but then discover the host doesn’t fully meet your needs, you need to know you can get your money back.
- Dependable customer service – Windows servers are less user-friendly than Linux servers, so you’re more likely to run into issues – it’s essential that you can get the help you need.
If it’s cloud-based Windows hosting that you need and you want a hosting solution that is 100% customizable, Kamatera is a perfect choice. It offers a 99.95% uptime guarantee and has 13 data centers all around the world – in North America, Europe, Israel, and China. It has multiple control panel options, including Microsoft SQL Server Express – which won’t add additional costs to your plan. Other available control panel options include cPanel (Admin, Pro, and Premier), Plesk (Admin, Host, and Pro), and Microsoft Remote Desktop.
Kamatera may not be the cheapest Windows hosting on my list, but it’s still very affordable. Opting for the fully managed service will significantly increase your monthly costs, but this is true of all fully managed hosting services, and is worth it if you’re not confident with managing your own server or don’t have an in-house web developer.
For both Kamatera’s managed and unmanaged Windows cloud hosting, you won’t be tied to long-term plans and you only pay for the resources you use – you can downgrade or upgrade your servers from your account management portal. You also have the option to pay monthly or by the hour – and you won’t be billed until the end of the month.
Kamatera VPS Hosting
- Multiple Windows Server versions. With Kamatera, you can choose from 15 Windows Server options, including Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016, and 2019 in standard and enterprise versions.
- Fully customizable. For Windows cloud hosting, you get to completely customize your server, including the CPU processor types, RAM, SSD storage, bandwidth, data center, control panel, and backups. There are simple, pre-configured plans, too.
- Instant scalability. If you find that your server setup isn’t meeting your needs as your business grows, you can instantly add more storage, CPU, RAM, and other features to your server.
- 30-day free trial. You benefit from a free trial period of 30 days. You get full access to all features and can create one cloud server during this period with up to $100 worth of resources.
Read our full Kamatera review to learn more.
|Windows Server Versions Available||Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016, and 2019|
|Money-Back Guarantee||No, but there is a 30-day free trial|
|Disk Space||From 20 GB up to 1000 GB|
2. InterServer – Simple Pricing for Uncomplicated Windows Hosting
One thing I really like about InterServer is that it’s uncomplicated. For shared Windows ASP.NET hosting, there’s just one plan – and it’s a generous one, too. You can use this low-cost hosting plan to host up to 25 websites, with free SSL certificates for each one.
There are no restrictions on storage, bandwidth, or email addresses, and you benefit from managed hosting features such as free website migrations, automatic updates, and a backup/restore tool. The one catch is that you don’t get a free domain name when you sign up.
InterServer also offers Windows VPS plans – which start at (almost) unbelievably low prices for a single CPU with 2 GB RAM, 30 GB storage, and 2 TB bandwidth. You can choose from Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, and Windows Server 2019 for these plans, and you get enhanced security, Plesk control panel, and excellent scalability.
InterServer Web Hosting
InterServer VPS Hosting
- Intershield security. To protect your website from malicious traffic and hackers, InterServer includes its bespoke shared hosting security suite, Intershield, with its Windows hosting. This includes a web application firewall, malware detection, script scanning, and outbound email protection.
- Speed optimization. The ASP.NET hosting plan includes built-in caching features and Cloudflare CDN (content delivery network) for high-performing websites that will load quickly no matter where in the world your visitors are.
- Windows Server 2012. Although this is not the latest version of Windows Server, it supports MSSQL 2012 and all ASP.NET versions for running the applications you need.
- Plesk Onyx control panel. Rather than offering the new version of Plesk, Obsidian, InterServer has stuck with Onyx, as this previous version still supports the easy installation of Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates.
For a full list of features, check out our in-depth InterServer review.
|Windows Server Versions Available||Windows Server 2008 and 2012 (Windows Server 2016 and 2019 on VPS plans)|
|Money-Back Guarantee||30 days|
3. LiquidWeb – Enhanced Security for Windows VPS
LiquidWeb offers Windows VPS servers that are cloud-based, fast, and secure. Its prices are on the higher side, but we’re talking about a next-level service – independent benchmarks show that LiquidWeb is faster than its rivals. You can choose to manage your own server to lower your costs, too.
All Liquid Web’s Windows VPS plans include Cloudflare CDN and 100 GB of cloud backups, which enable automatic snapshot backups of your server to be stored off-site in the cloud, giving you the best level of data protection possible.
LiquidWeb has a 100% uptime guarantee – which activates after 25 seconds of downtime. Since most hosts have a 99.9% uptime guarantee that allows for up to 43 minutes of downtime per month, any host offering a 100% uptime guarantee or more is a top choice for reliability.
Liquid Web VPS Hosting
- Latest Windows Server OS. You can build your Windows VPS server on Windows 2019.
- Fully managed VPS available. For an additional fee each month, you can benefit from a fully managed service including Plesk (Onyx or Obsidian) and proactive service restoration.
- Customizable server setup. Choose your server zone (US or EU), your cloud SSD configuration (pre-sets for SSD, memory, and vCPU), bandwidth, network storage, daily backups (100 GB included), IP addresses, and anti-virus options.
- Enhanced security. All VPS plans from LiquidWeb include ServerSecure, a bespoke set of security features that protect your server from malicious traffic, script injection, DDoS attacks, and more.
For a full list of features, read our in-depth Liquid Web review.
|Windows Server Versions Available||Windows Server 2012, 2016, and 2019|
|Money-Back Guarantee||No, but you can get a prorated refund for the remaining time in your billing period|
|Disk Space||Up to 200 GB|
When you need Windows hosting, GoDaddy has a range of options to fit your requirements – from shared Windows hosting to dedicated Windows hosting. And one of the things that I like the most is that the prices don’t go up just because you need Windows hosting.
GoDaddy Hosting Web Hosting
With GoDaddy’s Windows hosting plans, you benefit from the same features that are available for Linux hosting, including unlimited storage, bandwidth, and websites on all plans except the Economy plan – plus a free domain name for the first year on annual plans. However, there are restrictions on the number of MS-SQL databases you can create on all plans except the Ultimate plan.
- Plesk Onyx. Compared to cPanel, Plesk is actually easier to use. It makes managing SSL certificates, installing WordPress and other applications, and setting up your email addresses a simple process.
- Generous MS-SQL database allocations. Even on the cheapest Windows hosting plan, you can create up to 10 MS-SQL databases, each up to 1GB in size.
- 24/7 security monitoring. Keep your website secure with DDoS (distributed denial of service) protection and 24/7 monitoring of your website at no extra cost. Other security features, such as malware scanning and firewalls, will cost you extra.
- Office 365 email. For the first year of your hosting plan, you get a free Office 365 email with 5 GB of storage. After the first year, you can either choose to pay the renewal fee or cancel the mailbox.
For more information, read our expert GoDaddy review.
|Windows Server Versions Available||Windows Server 2012 R2 for shared hosting; Windows Server 2016 for VPS; Windows 2008, 2012, 2016 for dedicated|
|Money-Back Guarantee||30 days|
|Disk Space||100 GB to unlimited|
|Free SSL||On Ultimate plan only (for the initial term of your plan)|
5. Hostwinds – Cheap Windows Hosting With Off-Site Backups
If you’re looking for something more powerful than shared Windows hosting but still need to keep the costs low, Hostwinds offers managed and unmanaged Windows VPS hosting for a fraction of the cost of other Windows VPS hosts. Unlike many hosts, the price is the same no matter what payment term you choose (although any promotional pricing is limited in duration).
One of the biggest benefits of Hostwinds’ VPS Windows hosting plans is that they’re cloud-based, improving performance and reliability. The downside is that the cheapest plans require you to manage everything yourself, so if you want to add monitoring and management features, your costs will increase.
Hostwinds VPS Hosting
- 99.99% uptime. Hostwinds has the best uptime guarantee in the industry for Windows hosting, promising compensation if your website is offline for more than one minute over the course of a year.
- Enterprise firewall. For superior levels of security, Hostwinds provides advanced firewalls to protect your website from malicious traffic, script injection, and malware.
- Nightly off-site backups. Every night, a backup of your server is taken and automatically uploaded to the cloud, ensuring that you can instantly restore your server back to a former point if something goes wrong.
- Free website transfer. If you already have a (Windows) website hosted elsewhere, Hostwinds will transfer the website to your new server and ensure that everything is configured correctly.
To learn more, read our expert Hostwinds review.
|Windows Server Versions Available||Windows Server 2008, 2012, and 2016|
|Money-Back Guarantee||30 days|
|Disk Space||Starts at 30 GB, up to 750 GB|
|Free SSL||Yes – you will have to install this yourself on unmanaged plans, however|
Which Windows Hosting Solution Is Right for You?
Like Linux hosting, Windows hosting comes in a variety of “flavors,” but overall, you do have fewer options. Some hosts have even suspended their Windows hosting plans. Finding shared Windows hosting is particularly challenging, with only two of the hosts on my list providing a truly low-cost option.
Despite the fact that far fewer hosting companies offer Windows hosting packages, you can still find good value options – whether you have a small website and want shared hosting or you have a more demanding setup that requires VPS or dedicated Windows servers.
The main thing you should watch out for is the addition of Windows licensing fees at checkout – it can add a lot to your costs.
- If you need powerful Windows hosting, choose Kamatera Powerful processing and generous resources from Kamatera can cope with pretty much anything you throw at it. It’s not the cheapest, but there is the 30-day free trial that gives you the chance to see if Kamatera is right for you, risk-free.
- If you need Windows hosting but your budget is tight, opt for InterServer. With just one plan, the affordable shared Windows hosting service can meet your basic needs (and you can upgrade to Windows VPS as your business grows, too).
- If you want a low-cost option that still benefits from the speed of cloud VPS, choose Hostwinds. Its prices are insanely cheap for VPS hosting, although you will have to manage everything yourself.
Don’t use Microsoft software for your business but find Windows more familiar? I’ve got some advice. When it comes to Linux vs Windows hosting, I’d recommend you only choose Windows hosting if you really need it for compatibility. Linux has a better reputation for security, speed, reliability, and user-friendliness. Check our list of the top web hosting services for some great options.
|Type of Hosting||Standout Feature||Starting Price|
|Kamatera||Cloud VPS||Most Windows Server OS options||$4.00|
|InterServer||Shared and VPS||Only one plan for simplicity with shared hosting||$2.50|
|LiquidWeb||Cloud VPS||Faster than most other VPS hosting providers||$35.00|
|GoDaddy||Shared and VPS||Windows hosting at the same price as Linux||$5.99|
|Hostwinds||Cloud VPS||Nightly off-site backups included||$8.24|
Which type of hosting is the cheapest?Shared Linux hosting is almost always the cheapest hosting option, although shared Windows hosting plans can be a similar price with some hosts. Check out our review of the best website hosting solutions to find the lowest-priced options that meet your needs.What is the cheapest way to host a website?Hostinger has the cheapest web hosting plans available – but it doesn’t offer Windows hosting anymore. Surprisingly, GoDaddy is the cheapest option for Windows hosting, as it doesn’t charge you more just because you need Windows hosting For additional savings, be sure to check our hosting services coupon page to see who is currently offering the best deals.What’s the cheapest way to get VPS hosting?If you want the power of VPS hosting but also need to keep the costs down, you could start out with a free trial from Kamatera. This gives you 30 days to try Kamatera’s cloud VPS servers, completely risk-free, and you can also fully customize your server, so you don’t end up paying for features you don’t need.Is free hosting any good?If you’re only using your website for personal use, or if you just need a place to experiment, then free hosting is okay. The downside is that these services are limited in what they offer, and you can’t use your own domain name. If you really want to try a free web host, check out our evaluation of the best free website hosting services.