Host IT Smart is a US-based hosting provider that was founded nearly 15 years ago as a web development company. Six year later, it introduced its hosting services. Today, it specializes in Linux and Windows shared hosting, reseller hosting and VPS (virtual private server) hosting, as well as WordPress hosting, Java hosting, e-commerce hosting, dedicated servers, and domain registration. Host IT Smart has two server locations – India and the US.
Host IT Smart’s English website is very organized and resourceful. All prices are displayed in US dollars.
Features and Ease of Use
Host IT Smart offers shared hosting for both Linux and Windows. There are three plans under each operating system – Starter, Performance, and Business.
All Linux plans come with unlimited SSD storage, bandwidth, and email accounts. They differ in the number of websites, subdomains, and MySQL databases as follows:
- Starter comes with one website, one subdomain, and two MySQL databases
- Performance comes with five websites, unlimited subdomains, and ten MySQL databases
- Business comes with unlimited websites, subdomains, and MySQL databases
The Windows plans, on the other hand, vary in storage, bandwidth, number of websites, email accounts, and MSSQL/MySQL databases as follows:
- Starter comes with 250 MB storage, 50 GB bandwidth, one website, 25 email accounts, and one MSSQL/MySQL database
- Performance comes with unlimited storage, unlimited bandwidth, five websites, unlimited email accounts, and ten MSSQL/MySQL databases
- Business comes with unlimited storage, bandwidth, websites, and email accounts, and 20 MSSQL/MySQL databases
All plans, across both operating systems, share some common features, including:
- Control panel (cPanel for Linux, Plesk for Windows)
- One-click installer (Softaculous for Linux, built-in installer for Windows)
- 99.99% uptime guarantee
- SSD storage
- Free SSL certificates
- Free malware scanning
- DDoS (distributed denial of service) protection
Both cPanel and Plesk control panels help you easily manage all aspects of your website. This includes managing your website files, domains, email accounts, backup intervals, security settings, and much more.
Installing applications and scripts is made easy with both Linux and Windows plans thanks to free one-click installers. The Linux plans come with the famous Softaculous, and the Windows plans come with Plesk’s own built-in installer. Both installers are known for their ease of use and the numerous supported applications and scripts, including WordPress, Drupal, phpBB, Joomla, and more.
Pricing and Support
The Windows plans are more expensive than the Linux plans. While you can display the prices on a monthly or yearly basis, the contract periods available for all the plans are yearly, every two years, or every three years.
Compared to the average international and US market, Host IT Smart’s prices are on the affordable side given its wide range of features. I was disappointed to discover that Host IT Smart doesn’t have a money-back guarantee (even though its outdated FAQ section mentions one).
The website has a comprehensive knowledge base that contains tutorials and articles covering most major topics. If you still have unanswered questions, you can reach customer support through live chat, email, and ticket support. I tested the live chat and was happy with the instant response and the knowledgeable representative.