SSD hosting can improve your site’s loading speeds, but it sure can’t do it alone. It’s through a combination of SSD and other factors that your website will truly fly. Sadly, too many companies go the easy route, providing dirt-cheap SSD hosting that lacks almost everything else.
Well, we’re not here to talk about those companies. We’re here to talk about the best SSD web hosting services available today. The ones that have invested in state-of-the-art infrastructure, boosted their SSD servers with lightning-fast connections, and still manage to offer extremely attractive prices.
I’ve had the pleasure of finding some amazing hosts. They’re all here in this list, so just read on and understand which one can provide you with the most value.
Our Top Picks for Cheapest SSD Hosting Services
- Hostinger – Best prices in the market, complete with a 99.9% uptime guarantee and 24/7 live chat support
- InMotion Hosting – Free domain, American data centers, and a very generous amount of SSD storage
- FastComet – Ten global data centers, all running on 100% SSD, plus Cloudflare CDN (content delivery network)
- SiteGround – Extra features, Cloudflare CDN, and the SuperCacher plugin designed for maximum speed and reliability
- A2 Hosting – Cheap SSD hosting that can also handle advanced development frameworks
What We Look For in the Best & Cheapest SSD Hosting Services
- Generous SSD storage space – I’ve checked the SLAs (service-level agreements) and made sure that you’re getting a generous amount of storage space. With some hosts, you can even get unlimited SSD hosting.
- Additional resources and uptime guarantee – SSD storage is a start, now we need bandwidth, adequate RAM memory, enough CPU computing power, and a guarantee that everything will remain as it should be almost 100% of the time.
- Data center location – It’s important to understand what SSD hosting is and isn’t. While it’s a huge improvement over HDD in terms of speed and reliability, it still can’t teleport data. You’ll want the data center location to be as close to your target audience as possible.
- Growth potential – When you grow (you will, if you put in the time and effort!) it’s going to be time for a VPS (virtual private server). These hosts can make that transition as easy as pie.
- Price – Obviously. With some of these companies, I’m talking just a few bucks a month. The best part is that it doesn’t come at the cost of quality.
1. Hostinger – Cheapest SSD Host, Complete with Great 24/7 Support
Hostinger was an obvious contender, as it offers what are probably the lowest prices in the market for long-term SSD hosting. I found out that the level of service not only compares to expensive hosts, but usually surpasses it.
Doing away with phone support is one thing that enables Hostinger to keep prices so cheap while still providing a speedy service. I’ve tested uptime with Hostinger, and it is indeed above 99.9%, as promised, and my site’s performance was fantastic in the US and all over Europe.
Don’t be put off by the lack of phone support, because Hostinger’s knowledge base and live chat agents are some of the best around. Live chat is available 24/7, and the representatives have been properly trained to help you with anything from connecting your domain to optimizing WordPress.
- 10 GB of SSD storage space – That’s on the basic plan. The two more advanced plans offer 20 GB and 30 GB of storage and can host an unlimited number of websites. The basic plan is limited to one website.
- Loyal customer guarantee program – Hostinger rewards your loyalty. The longer your contract length (longest term is four years), the cheaper your monthly rate will be. I’ve also had success getting extra months and benefits after chatting with support, so definitely give it a try!
- 30-day money-back guarantee – If you find yourself wanting to cancel the service, just contact support within the first month and you’ll get a full refund of your hosting bill.
- Business shared hosting plan – Packed with many extra features, including daily backups, an SSL, and four times the computing power of the basic plan, the Business plan is still well within what I’d consider cheap.
2. InMotion Hosting – High-Quality American Hosting
I have a soft spot for InMotion Hosting. The company resisted buyouts and continues to provide personal US-based support, all without sacrificing quality or jacking up prices. All shared servers have been upgraded to 100% SSD and optimized for speedy WordPress delivery.
Another cool thing about InMotion is how it manages to cater to both beginners and advanced users. If you’re starting out, you’ll love the BoldGrid drag-and-drop builder. If you’re a seasoned pro, all plans provide SSH access, a staging environment, and advanced firewalls. So it’s not surprise that InMotion scores highly across the board in our expert review.
One thing that’s important to remember with InMotion is that its two data centers are located in the US, one on each coast. This makes it an excellent choice for American audiences, but perhaps not the best one for international ones.
- 40 GB of SSD space – The basic WordPress shared plan is generous, and you get 80 GB, 120 GB, and 160 GB with the more advanced plans. You can use them to host one, two, three, and six websites, respectively. The Business plans come with unlimited SSD space.
- Free domain with all plans – Nothing’s cheaper than free. InMotion will throw in a free domain name for one year with any shared hosting plan.
- NGINX-powered – NGINX (pronounce it “engine-x” to sound professional) is one of the fastest server technologies currently available. With the combined might of SSD and NGINX, expect fantastic results.
- 90-day money-back guarantee – InMotion’s minimum payment period is one year, but the company provides a money-back guarantee that’s three times the industry standard. I think you’ll be quite sure about your choice after three months.
3. FastComet – Ten Global Data Centers Plus a CDN
All-SSD servers, ten data center locations, and a ton of free extras. What’s not to love? Be it in the US, Europe, or even Japan, you can build your website right next to your target audience.
FastComet is very clear about the resources provided with each plan, so you’re assured an extra level of stability and reliability. Balancing resources in shared hosting is a tricky business, so kudos to FastComet for guaranteeing access to generous amounts. FastComet also made it onto our list of the top five shared hosting providers this year.
The more advanced plans come with quite a few other speed-related perks, from a CDN to caching (find out more about these in our expert review). Just know that the low price advertised on the homepage is for the first period only, so only a long-term plan will let you fully enjoy the savings.
- 15 GB of SSD storage – The basic plan has 15 GB, while you get 25 GB and 35 GB on the more advanced ones. The basic plan can host a single website, and the two advanced plans can host unlimited websites.
- Cloudflare CDN – All plans include Cloudflare’s global server deployment to cache your website and quickly deliver it to users all over the world. The integration is easily done using the hosting panel.
- Extra caching layers – Advanced server-side speed optimizations, including the Varnish web accelerator, are available on FastCloud Extra, the highest-level shared hosting plan.
- 45-day money-back guarantee – FastComet’s generous guarantee is longer than the industry standard. It’s not InMotion’s 90 days, but then again, few things are.
4. SiteGround – Packed with Extra Features Designed to Improve Your Website’s Speed
SiteGround has become a fan-favorite of many web developers, and for good reason. While its prices aren’t the lowest in the industry, the company still provides affordable shared hosting that’s packed with a lot of useful extras.
Because it’s aimed at tech-savvy developers, SiteGround knows better than to skimp on hardware. All plans are hosted on the latest SSD servers, and every website I hosted with it had excellent loading times in the US and Europe.
The company also operates a responsive support service, available 24/7 through live chat, tickets, and phone (it gets 5/5 in our in-depth review). The 30-day money-back guarantee ensures that you’ll be able to test the services and make sure they fit your needs.
- 10 GB of SSD storage – The basic plan has fairly limited storage, while the second tier comes with 20 GB of storage, and the third, most advanced one, with 30 GB. You’ll be limited to one website with the basic plan, but the other two plans can handle unlimited websites.
- SuperCacher – This is SiteGround’s proprietary speed optimization and caching plugin. There are three SuperCacher levels, and each one will optimize your site’s performance further. Only the first level is available with the basic plan, but all three levels are provided with the more advanced plans.
- Cloudflare CDN – All SiteGround shared hosting plans come with Cloudflare integration. Using a one-click interface, you can activate your service and start serving your worldwide users faster and more efficiently.
- Daily backups – Reliability is one of the key benefits of SSD, and backups can provide you with even more peace of mind. SiteGround will take care of automatic daily backups, and the two advanced plans will also let you back up your site on-demand.
5. A2 Hosting – Unlimited SSD Hosting with an Anytime Money-Back Guarantee
A2 Hosting prides itself on being a jack of all trades, providing everything from SSD shared hosting to advanced dedicated servers. Its shared hosting plans are among the cheapest in the market and can be upgraded to greatly increase loading speeds.
There are a lot of plans available on the company’s site, so let me make some sense out of it: you’ll want the classic shared hosting plans, which can be used to install WordPress. The managed WordPress plans might make things easier, but the price tag is higher.
If you’re looking to host a specific development environment or framework, A2 is one of the only companies providing shared hosting plans that have been optimized accordingly. For Node.js, Python, and more, you can find a shared SSD plan that’s usually much cheaper than the alternatives. If you want specific Node.js hosting, check out our round-up of the best Node.js hosting providers.
- Unlimited SSD storage – All plans are unlimited. It’s subject to fair use terms (you won’t be able to use it as your personal cloud), but as long as you play by the rules, there are no limits.
- Turbo upgrade – While the basic hosting is a great fit when you’re just starting out, you might find yourself requiring some extra juice down the line. The Turbo upgrade will migrate your site to a superior server with fewer shared users, boosting speeds by up to 20x.
- Four data center locations – Located in the US, Europe, and Asia, they can serve almost any target audience. A2 owns and maintains all four locations and hardware, leading to better and more reliable performance.
- Anytime money-back guarantee – A2 has the best guarantee in the market. No matter how long you sign up for, you can always get your money back. If you ever feel that the services aren’t right for you, just cancel and get a pro-rata refund.
How Do You Choose between the Best SSD Hosting Services?
With all five members of our list being extremely reliable, how do you figure out which one’s right for you? I’ve laid out some use cases and also added a table that can help you out.
For the cheapest SSD hosting available, Hostinger is an easy pick. It does require a long subscription period, but the prices are simply unbeatable.
|SSD Storage on the Starter Plan||Data Center Locations and CDN||SSL Included||Money-Back Guarantee|
|Hostinger||10GB||US, UK, Netherlands, Lithuania, Singapore||Only with the Business plan||30 days|
|InMotion Hosting||40GB||US||With all plans||90 days|
|FastComet||15GB||US, UK, Canada, Germany, Netherlands, Singapore, Japan, India + Cloudflare CDN||With all plans||45 days|
|SiteGround||10GB||US, UK, Netherlands, Singapore + Cloudflare CDN||With all plans||30 days|
|A2 Hosting||Unlimited||US, Netherlands, Singapore||With all plans||Anytime|