Jumpline is a U.S. hosting company based out of St. Petersburg, Florida. Having been around since 1997, this extremely experienced service provider currently provides more than 150,000 businesses and individuals with their high-end hosting needs. Through a partnership with server infrastructure provider Expedient, they can provide their customers with access to multiple Tier 1 and 3 data center facilities across the U.S. for increased availability and performance.
Features and Ease of Use
The following features serve as a solid foundation for your hosting:
- Domain registration, not included with hosting package pricing
- Purchasable SSL certificates
- R1Soft Daily Tier 3 backups
- Dell PowerEdge servers
- Webmail hosting
- Multiple data centers thanks to partners
- Powerful control panels and VM software such as cPanel, Virtuozzo, and SolusVm
Jumpline also provides a number of purchasable add-on services (and associated support) to enhance your hosting solution:
- Cayan Payment Processing: A highly secure and trusted payment processor with more than 17 years of experience. It allows you to easily set up a merchant account with a secure payment gateway and specialized support.
- Protection ID: A service that hides your personal information from showing on WHOIS search results, thereby disguising your hosting email address and preventing unwanted solicitation.
- SiteLock Security: One of the most popular and reliable security suites for web hosting. It provides powerful malware scanning and removal, blacklisting, spam monitoring, and vulnerability scanning tools.
Server partnerships with huge names like Dell, cPanel, and Expedient allow Jumpline to provide premium software and hardware. Their PowerEdge pure SSD storage-based servers offer Tier 3 redundancy with multiple locations interconnected by a 10Gbps line for ultimate peace of mind.
Pricing and Support
Jumpline has straightforward hosting products for shared web, VPS, and cloud-based hosting. They don’t offer money-back guarantees and they aren’t the cheapest, but they do provide a professional and contemporary service. A few unlimited options would be nice to see, but the following scalable cloud and VPS hosting options are very satisfactory.
Web Hosting comprises simple shared hosting with Softaculous, Webmail, and MySQL databases. You have a choice of monthly or annual billing as well as email and hosting security, data transfer, dedicated IP, and SSL certificates add-ons. The Web Hosting options are:
- Stacked: 10 GB, 100 GB data transfer, 10 FTP accounts, and 10 MySQL databases
- Layered: 15 GB, 150 GB data transfer, 15 FTP accounts, and 15 MySQL databases
- Expanded: 20 GB, 200 GB data transfer, 20 FTP accounts, and 20 MySQL databases
Virtual Private Server (VPS) solutions are managed using the SolusVM software with full root SSH access. You can also instantly upgrade the resources of your VPS and choose between monthly or quarterly billing. The VPS options are:
- VPS 1024: 30 GB storage, 300 GB bandwidth, 1 IP address, and 1 GB RAM
- VPS 2048: 40 GB storage, 400 GB bandwidth, 2 IP address, and 2 GB RAM
- VPS 4099: 50 GB storage, 500 GB bandwidth, 2 IP address, and 4 GB RAM
SSD Cloud Hosting quotes are generated on a per-order basis. They come with high levels of redundancy, regular backups, are instantly scalable, and have flexible billing terms.
Although 24/7 technical support is provided with all hosting products, this is only via email/ticket, and phone support is limited to within office hours on weekdays from 9 am to 7 pm ET. The knowledge base isn’t comprehensive by any means, but the most important topics are covered by sufficiently detailed up-to-date articles.