Features and Ease of Use
iWeb focuses on top-of-the-line dedicated server and public cloud hosting for medium to large businesses.
As such, they don’t offer any basic web hosting as well as most of the features and services you associate with it like domain registration and basic SSL certificates.
However, they offer more premium features that their customer base will appreciate such as:
- Cloud backup for dedicated servers
- 100% uptime SLA with refund policy for downtime
- SSL support available
- Up to 16TB of HDD or 4.8TB of SSD storage and 30TB of bandwidth for dedicated servers
- Up to 250GB SSD storage and unlimited bandwidth with cloud hosting
- Expert migration services to their SmartLayer platform
- Instantly scalable infrastructure (upgrade and downgrade)
- Multiple data center locations globally
- Dedicated 24/7 monitoring by technical experts
iWeb provides powerful hosting products that are hard to find elsewhere and include a number of hybrid cloud solutions and specialized infrastructure virtualizations.
The quality of the data centers themselves is another strong reason to go with iWeb. Few other providers have the guts to offer a blanket 100% uptime SLA-backed guarantee. And, they make use of top-of-the-range technology and standards thanks to their partners like Microsoft, Intel, OpenStack, and SolidFire. SSD storage is provided by SolidFire SSD disks, CPUs consist of the latest generation Intel Xeon processors, NAS or SAN dedicated block storage is available. Networks come with load balancing and ports of up to 10 Gbps, and all resources are available in massive quantities. The latest Windows and Linux distributions and software is always used.
Their extra services are also extremely valuable. You can purchase ultra-reliable cloud backup for your servers, extra Websecurity and CDN packages via Imperva Incapsula for firewall and DDoS protection, and extra Rapid Response Monitoring services for your servers.
Pricing and Support
iWeb has all of the terms of service and policies in place to ensure that their customers feel confident in signing up with them. On top of a 30-day satisfaction or your money back guarantee, they also offer reimbursement of 1% for every six minutes of downtime up to 100% of your fees as part of their 100% uptime SLA.
They offer a wide range of configurations for dedicated server and cloud hosting products.
There are around 20 dedicated server configurations divided into pricing plans based on their CPUs and all plans come with 100 Mbps uplink speeds:
- Single processor: Five configurations with 8GB to 64GB RAM, 1TB to 4TB storage, and 30TB to unmetered bandwidth.
- Dual processor: Seven configurations with 64GB to 512GB RAM, 4TB to 16TB storage, and 30TB bandwidth.
- Performance: Seven configurations with 64GB to 512GB RAM, 960GB SSD to 3.2TB PCI NMVe storage, and 30TB bandwidth.
- Storage: Three configurations with 32GB RAM and 30TB bandwidth each and 16TB to 48TB HDD, or 4.8TB SSD storage.
Windows servers cost quite a bit more than their Linux counterparts.
The public cloud products are also divided between Linux and Windows options with Windows being more expensive. Rental of cloud servers is charged on an hourly basis. All plans include unlimited traffic and 100 Mbps public connection bandwidth. To choose a plan, you combine the CPU cores and RAM with the storage you need. 1 vCPU/1GB RAM, 2 vCPU/2GB RAM, 3 vCPU/3GB RAM, and 4 vCPU/4GB RAM can be combined with 50GB, 200GB, or 250GB SSD storage.
iWeb prides themselves on friendly, efficient, and available technical customer support. They deliver on the latter promise with 24/7 phone, email, ticket, and live chat support to all of their customers, no matter what plan you’re on. With on-site technicians, they take a very proactive approach to finding and solving issues before customers even notice them. They also provide a very complete knowledge base as well as policies and terms documents for your own reference.