Every website builder claims to be the best, but not all of them are right for your personal training website. Some builders are way too complicated to use, while others just don’t have all the features you need.
You might want an image gallery to showcase your past clients’ great results, or built-in marketing and SEO tools to help you grow your future client base. You might even want a members-only section where you can upload exclusive workout videos or exercise guides.
If you choose the wrong website builder, you could find yourself wasting time and money rebuilding your site further on down the line. That’s why I’ve tested the best website builders on the market, and chosen the top five for creating a website for personal trainers.
What We Look For in The Best Website Builders for Personal Trainers
- User-friendliness: These builders offer intuitive, straightforward site editors you can use to customize your site and upload your own content.
- Media integration: You’ll be able to create image galleries and upload videos, so you can showcase your results or even host online classes.
- Marketing tools: These builders offer built-in features to help you reach more potential clients, like SEO strategy, email newsletters, and social media integration.
- E-commerce: You may want to offer online booking, so your clients can pay for in-person sessions in advance. All these builders support secure e-commerce.
- Visually appealing graphics: All these builders offer well-designed templates and libraries of free images you can use to create a professional-looking website.
Wix is easy to use, even if you’ve never built a website before. Wix ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence) can automatically generate a layout for you in minutes. All you have to do is answer a few simple questions. After that, you can add your own content and customize the style,
If you prefer, you can use the standard Wix editor and choose from over 500 templates. There are at least a dozen specifically designed for personal trainers, but you can choose a template from any other category and customize it to suit your needs.
The Wix App Market offers 300+ free and paid apps, so you can add interesting features to your site. For instance, you can showcase clients’ before-and-after photos with Wix Pro Gallery, or integrate your social media feeds with the Social Media Stream app.
If you decide to use Wix’s free plan, your site will come with a Wix subdomain (i.e., yoursite.wixsite.com). Wix’s paid plans include a custom domain, which can make your website look more professional. You’ll also get more storage space and bandwidth, and the Wix branding that comes with free sites will be removed.
Here are a couple more features that make Wix a good option for a personal trainer site:
- Media uploads: Adding a gallery to your site is quick and simple, so you can upload your photos and display your clients’ results. You can also stream training videos and share them to your social media feeds.
- Members-only area: This great feature allows your clients to create profiles, have discussions in a forum, and partake in online classes you may offer.
Discover more useful features in our full Wix review.
|Free domain name||Yes, for 1 year with paid plans|
|SEO tools||Wix SEO Wiz creates a personalized SEO plan for you|
|Basic plan features||3 GB storage, 2 GB bandwidth, and removal of Wix branding|
It’s easy to create a professional website with SITE123’s block-based editor. You can choose from a handful of templates specifically designed for personal trainers and customize your site to meet your preferences.
SITE123 offers simple, step-by-step tutorials on how to customize your chosen theme and add content. You can use pictures from the image and icon library if you don’t have any photos of your own.
In terms of customization, the SITE123 editor is more limited in terms of customization than Wix, but it makes up for that by being very easy to use. All of SITE123’s templates are mobile responsive, ensuring your site will look good on any device.
Although you can build an e-commerce store with SITE123’s free plan, only the paid plans support online payments. Upgrading will also give you a custom domain.
Here are some other things I like about SITE123:
- Chat apps: With Zendesk Chat, current and potential clients can reach out to you easily.
- SEO tools: Basic built-in features, like an automatically created sitemap and the ability to update your meta tags, can help your site rank higher on search engines.
- Blogging platform: You can create a blog with helpful health and fitness tips, to show your site visitors that you’re an expert.
Read our expert SITE123 review to find out more.
|Free domain name||Yes, for 1 year with paid plans|
|SEO tools||Basic built-in tools|
|Basic plan features||10 GB storage, 5 GB bandwidth, and removal of the SITE123 floating tag|
Squarespace offers all the basic tools you need to build and market your website, and a lot more.
The Squarespace template library is easy to search by category, and there’s even one template specifically designed for personal trainers. Once you choose a template, you can customize it with Squarespace’s drag-and-drop editor.
Squarespace supports secure e-commerce, so your clients can pay for classes online. Squarespace Scheduling, created by Acuity, allows your clients to see your availability, book training sessions online, get automated reminders, and even fill out custom forms about what they want to focus on.
Squarespace offers a 14-day free trial. You’ll get a custom domain for a year with every plan, and unlimited storage and bandwidth.
Check out these additional Squarespace features:
- Social media integration: You can link an unlimited number of social media profiles to your website, so when you post new content, it will be automatically shared to your social media pages.
- Built-in marketing: Squarespace’s inclusive marketing features, such as email newsletters and and SEO tools, will help you reach more potential clients.
- Quote blocks: If you have testimonials from past and current clients, adding Quote blocks is a great way to show your site visitors that your training gets results.
For all the details, read our expert Squarespace review.
|Free domain name||Yes, for 1 year|
|SEO tools||Built-in tools|
|Basic plan features||Basic website metrics and unlimited storage and bandwidth|
WordPress.com has almost limitless functionality, but it’s a slightly more complicated platform to learn how to use. If you decide to take the time to master it, the control you have over your site is well worth it.
WordPress.com’s theme library has over 250 free themes, but none are specifically designed for personal trainers. You can choose one you like and customize it to meet your needs, or install a theme from a third party, like ThemeForest, if you’re on the Business plan or higher.
Your WordPress.com site comes with basic SEO tools, but if you’re on the Business plan or higher, you can install plugins like Yoast SEO to help with your SEO strategy. If you decide to run a blog with training and workout tips, you can include the Follow Blog widget so your clients can get your posts delivered to their inbox.
Here are a couple more WordPress.com features that make it a great choice for a personal trainer website:
- E-commerce: Customizable and stable e-commerce makes it easy to manage bookings and accept payments online.
- Social sharing: WordPress.com has built-in social sharing buttons that you can add to your posts or media, so your followers can easily share your content on their social media profiles.
Read our expert WordPress.com review for tips and tricks on how to get the most out of the platform.
|Free domain name||Yes, for 1 year|
|SEO tools||Basic built-in tools, or advanced plugins with the Business Plan or up|
|Basic plan features||6 GB storage, unlimited bandwidth, and removal of the WordPress.com branding|
Weebly offers over 60 customizable themes, and the Slick theme is a good option for personal trainers. After you choose the theme you like best, you can customize it to meet your needs. During setup, there’s an interactive step-by-step guide where you can check off items as you create your site.
Weebly Promote, Weebly’s integrated marketing tool, lets you launch email campaigns and Facebook ads. There are also simple e-commerce tools, in case you want to accept payments online.
Weebly’s site dashboard is very helpful. You can see traffic stats and number of page and site visits to track how your site is performing.
These features also make Weebly stand out:
- Mobile app: Weebly’s mobile app allows you to edit and manage your website and reply to comments, so if you’re between training sessions, you can still stay connected with your site visitors.
- Video embedding: You can easily embed videos from YouTube or Vimeo on your site, so your clients can catch up on missed workout sessions.
- SEO tools: Weebly automatically optimizes every site, and lets you update your image alt tags and page descriptions. There’s also an easy-to-follow guide to help you with your SEO strategy.
Learn about Weebly’s pros and cons in our detailed Weebly review.
|Free domain name||Yes, but only on higher-tier plans|
|SEO tools||Basic built-in tools and an SEO guide|
|Basic plan features||500 MB storage, ability to connect a custom domain, and basic e-commerce capabilities|
Pick a Website Builder That Works as Hard as You Do
Choosing the right website builder is a big step, but it all comes down to your needs and preferences.
If you want a variety of personal trainer templates to choose from, go with Wix. The App Market will provide all the tools you need, and the Wix Pro Gallery can motivate potential clients to get started.
If you want to launch your site as soon as possible, try SITE123. You can easily start a blog to show your potential clients you’re an expert, and the SEO tools can help you reach more people.
The table below highlights some of the top features of each builder to help you make your decision:
Frequently Asked Questions
You’ll start by choosing a template, and personalize anything from colors to fonts in order for it to match your personal brand. After that, add a description of your training style, photo galleries to show clients’ before and after transformations and a contact page.
You might want to include a booking system to allow your client to schedule a training and pay online, live streaming to offer online classes, a members only section to offer extra content for clients, and an online chat.
Having a website also shows your potential clients that you are a serious professional. It tells them who you are, what you do, and how they can benefit from working with you. That can help you build your reputation and client base.