Features and Ease of Use
With powerful U.S.-based servers employing SSD drives, SSD India can afford to offer and deliver to all their customers a minimum of 99% uptime. All plans, Linux or Windows, come with the following features:
- A minimum of 1GB web space
- A minimum 10GB monthly bandwidth
- MySQL databases
- At least 10 email addresses
- WordPress, Drupal, OpenCart
- Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate
The StartUp Linux hosting plan limits you to a single website, so if you want to host two or more, go for their Business or Professional plan instead. Each shared hosting account comes with cPanel for easy management — or Plesk, if you’re on their Windows hosting plan.
Here are some of the features that make SSD India the web hosting service provider of choice for many individuals and businesses in India:
- Daily R1soft Backups – SSD India backs up their clients’ website data every day with R1soft both locally and offsite
- CloudLinux OS – This operating system of choice for many leading hosting providers isolates your hosting resources on the server, so a traffic spike from another shared user won’t affect your website
- Malware and DDoS protection – Given the prevalence of DDoS attacks and hacking attempts on many websites these days, this is imperative to ensure your website’s security
Pricing and Support
SSD India combines the excellence of service with reasonable prices, which explains why their web hosting packages are so appealing to their target market. They don’t offer any free versions of their website hosting packages. All the same, they have a 30-day full money back guarantee for anyone who feels that their hosting packages aren’t delivering what was promised. Coupled with their excellent security features and noteworthy reliability, it’s no surprise that they continue to dominate the web hosting space in Maharashtra and other parts of India.
One area that the company could work on is to streamline the process of upgrading or downgrading a subscription. As it is, the process is not as straightforward as it should be.
SSD India’s technical support team purports to be available 24/7 via phone to address any emergency hosting issues. That said, our calls to their support team went unanswered quite a few times. However, their support staff was extremely helpful when they finally answered our calls. SSD India prefers utilizing a ticketing system and over-the-phone support instead of a live chat on their website. For users who prefer chatting to a phone call or conversations over email, the absence of a live chat can be disconcerting. However, given that their ticketing system, email, and all other communication channels work quite seamlessly, the fact that they have no live chat should not discourage you from using the services of an otherwise excellent hosting vendor.