In 2015, a team of volunteers founded Association Proxgroup as a hosting provider with a focus on personalized customer experiences and user-friendliness. Their volunteer spirit continues to this day as all of the business’s profits go back into maintaining their operations without any compensation for the management team. They currently host over 3,000 websites for over 1,900 satisfied customers.
Features and Ease of Use
Association Proxgroup has a very easy-to-navigate, professional, and modern website. Although they only offer shared and VPS hosting packages, their services are well-rounded with web hosting services that include:
- Free domain registration with certain plans
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates
- DDoS attack protection
- Free daily backups
- Server provisioning in less than ten minutes
- Access to the Plesk control panel
Handily, they offer WordPress shared hosting with the CMS pre-installed, as well as a choice between either Windows or Linux hosting for their VPS with the same option coming soon for shared hosting.
Still, you do get the idea that their platform is a bit minimal with almost nothing included for free or any proprietary software (e.g., Cloudflare, LiteSpeed, and so on). You’ll need to rely solely on Plesk and your own hosting administration abilities to install all of the tools you need or want. Fortunately, the signup process is very straightforward with few upsells.
Pricing and Support
Association Proxgroup offers a number of shared and VPS hosting packages, and every plan comes with a trial period for you to try out the system before you buy anything. They also offer a variety of payment options from monthly to triennial billing for most hosting plans:
- Shared Linux Hosting: Ten minute delivery with a free SSL certificate, DDoS protection, and support under three possible plans:
- Start: 5 GB storage, ten email accounts, one domain, and two FTP accounts.
- Medium: 25 GB storage, 25 email accounts, five domains, ten FTP accounts, and a free domain.
- Full: 75 GB storage, 50 email accounts, 20 domains, unlimited FTP accounts, and a free domain.
- WordPress Hosting: 10 GB storage, unmetered traffic, five email accounts, unlimited subdomains, unlimited FTP accounts, one database, and one free .fr or .com domain.
- VPS: VPS servers provisioned in ten minutes or less. Resources can be scaled up at any time.
- VPS Linux: One to 12 vCores, 1 to 16 GB RAM, 20 to 130 GB SSD storage, 50 to 200 Mbps connections.
- VPS Windows: Two to 8 vCores, 2 to 8 GB RAM, 30 to 60 GB SSD storage, and a 200 Mbps connections.
Interestingly, they also provide free hosting plans for non-profits, charities, and other community-focused websites. You can contact them to apply and their board will determine whether you qualify. The free hosting package includes 5 GB storage, ten email accounts, two databases, and a free SSL certificate.
Although their prices are very low, their plans are slightly restrictive when it comes to the resources and features. The WordPress hosting seems particularly expensive, especially when compared to their regular shared hosting. Their VPS hosting plans are the most affordable in comparison to the competition.
Unfortunately, Association Proxgroup only offers ticket support for technical issues. However, their technically-sound support staff still provides fantastic one-on-one support. There is also a knowledge base with self-help resources, but it’s not complete yet.