Features and Ease of Use
Palcom Online is a fully managed cloud-based website hosting company that provides 24/7 management for WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, PHP, and .NET websites. Their Cloud Sites platform features are described on their website as follows:
- WordPress Website or Blog is best for your mission-critical WordPress hosting.
- Joomla powered Websites Hosting is a free open source, mobile-ready and user-friendly way to build your website.
- Drupal Powered Websites Hosting is a free-to-use open source platform for building amazing digital experiences.
- .NET/MS SQL sites allows you to quickly launch and manage your sites effortlessly.
- phpBB is an internet forum package in the PHP scripting language.
- MediaWiki is free open-source wiki software.
This company talks some good talk about how lots of companies merely rent out their cloud computing infrastructure without providing the necessary expert engineering skills to architect, set up, and manage the tools and applications that run on top of your cloud. Apparently, they do things differently by sharing responsibility for these things, as well as for uptime and redundancy.
While their website is vague when it comes to some specifics, this may well be deliberate because the people at Palcom Online want to talk to you about your specific requirements. They don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all multi-tenant public cloud approach; they do believe that every customer deserves the best fit for their unique IT needs. Or so they say.
This vendor boasts about an “industry-leading network uptime guarantee” that allows you to focus on running and building your business, but (on their website) they do not say what this really means in terms of a percentage uptime or the compensation payable if the uptime promise is not met.
Pricing and Support
Palcom Online does not include any pricing on its website, which is quite unusual for a managed website hosting provider. This wouldn’t be so bad, except that I couldn’t get any answers by attempting to contact them.
The company claims that every customer should have easy access to engineers at all times via phone, chat, or email. And they imply that this 24x7x365 customer support includes help with planning, architecting setup, and operations. This is impossible to verify without fully engaging with them.