Based on Los Angeles, Eleven2 has been providing web hosting solutions since 2003, and they make a point of keeping their products relevant and up-to-date. Although their main market is North America, they have data centers in the U.S.A, Europe, and Asia.
Features and Ease of Use
No matter what pricing plan you choose, Eleven2 provides the most essential features:
- A 99.99% uptime guarantee (100% for cloud hosting)
- Backup and restore capabilities
- Unlimited FTP, email, domains, and databases
Depending on your plan, you might also be able to take advantage of some of the following superb features:
- SSD hosting: Every type of hosting comes with optional SSD plans for increased performance
- cPanel & WHM: You will be able to use e2Panel (based on the extremely popular cPanel)or the WHM panel for system administrators
- WHMCS or ClientExec: These two billing platforms are included for free with reseller plans
- Fully-managed VPS: VPS plans come fully-managed by trained technicians
If you see a web host offer cPanel or WHM to manage your web hosting solution,that’s always a good thing They are simply the best control panels available for this purpose and are easy to use, yet powerful. Eleven2’s free domain transfer service also means minimal involvement for you when switching from another host.
Pricing and Support
Eleven2 provides different pricing plans, separated by the type of hosting and who they are most suitable for. There is only one main pricing plan per category, but the sub-plans, with their different specifications and optional paid upgrades, make things more flexible.
These are the web hosting plans:
- Shared: A typical shared hosting solution. You can then choose a package based on the amount of storage and number of domains, as well as SSD hosting.
- Reseller: For customers who manage sites for their clients. All plans come with unlimited sub-accounts with different levels of storage and resources.
- Virtual: Fully-managed VPS solutions with the added choice to upgrade your memory.
- Enterprise: These plans come with premium hardware and use Raid 1 redundancy techniques for availability and the safety of your data.
They will transfer up to 20 of your cPanel domains for free, with only a nominal fee charged per extra domain. You can also easily upgrade plans at any time by contacting their support staff. There aren’t any free plans or trial periods, but all plans come with a 60-day money back guarantee. They also provide a number of cloud hosting plans that are structured similarly.
Eleven2 does seem to take their support seriously. If you’re a customer, you will have the option for 24/7 live chat and they promise a 20-minute response time. There is also a phone line which is available at all hours, besides midnight to 3 am CST. They are particularly good at handling account problems (you will encounter very few technical problems using their platform). Staff can help you switch plans within a matter of a few hours to a day.
How much does Eleven2 cost?
Eleven2 offers plans from $5 to $32. The price depends on which type of hosting plan you choose. You can see the updated pricing table (updated weekly) below.
Which Eleven2 plan should I get?
My recommendation is to start with a cheaper plan. You can always upgrade later on. Eleven2 can help you with the migration to a more expensive plan. The increase in visitors many times takes longer than expected and you shouldn’t pay a lot of money until the need arises. Of course, your needs may vary, and you can consult with a hosting expert from Eleven2 here.
How good is Eleven2’s customer support?
Eleven2 is not ranked as one of our top web hosts. But that can also be a result of Eleven2 being a small, under the radar, hosting provider. There are advantages to a small hosting company – as a customer, you are more important to them. You can also check out our comparison of the most popular web hosting services here.