Features and Ease of Use
Sifting through BudgetHosting Singapore’s plans is straightforward: they only have three premade shared hosting plans, suitable for fresh startups, casual bloggers, those with multiple websites, or mid-sized businesses with moderate resource requirements. The vendor has created and deployed powerful data centers in Singapore, Australia and the United States to help offer these services packed with an array of features, including:
- CloudLinux OS
- Unlimited email accounts
- cPanel, PHP5
- Softaculous auto app installer
- Unlimited data transfer
- Firewall protection
- Unlimited sub domains
- Optimized SSD servers
The caveat with the unlimited data transfer is that this must fall within their Acceptable Use Policy, as is the case with many other hosting providers. They haven’t specified a cap at which your bandwidth will be throttled, but they do mention in the fine print that they will investigate should there be a slowdown in service. If it so happens that you’ve regularly been exceeding their unspecified limits, they’ll require you to upgrade to a dedicated bandwidth solution.
Other features included in the hosting plans that BudgetHosting Singapore provides include:
- Free migration – BudgetHosting provides free website migration services to clients moving their websites from their former hosting vendor’s servers. All they have to do is leave a request note to their migration experts during sign up.
- Spam protection – BudgetHosting uses some of the most preferred spam filters in the industry to filter all types of spam emails from every one of your email accounts.
- High-performance servers – BudgetHosting only works with the servers they have complete ownership of so that they can guarantee that every website they host will experience the highest possible performance. Compared to other hosting companies of similar caliber in Singapore and beyond, BudgetHosting is one of the best in the provision of CPU and RAM per account.
- Excellent speeds – BudgetHosting promises their users websites with low latency and high speed connectivity to the international network via numerous uplink providers.
Sadly, BudgetHosting Singapore doesn’t provide their users with any uptime guarantees. You can choose to cancel your account at any time, but you won’t be refunded for any unused time on the amount you’ve prepaid.
It should also be noted that only their priciest plan, the New Smart Business, offers a free .com domain upon purchase of an annual contract. In addition, their Smart Basic plan does not give its users any free SSL certificates.
Pricing and Support
The company has definitely fulfilled their promise of providing high-quality hosting at pocket-friendly prices, though it should be noted that this is solely for the hosting alone: since only their priciest plan offers you a free top-level domain registration, the cost of your domain may well equal a large percentage of your annual hosting fees.
Clients pay for monthly or annual plans that include the Smart Basic Plan, Smart Blog Plan, and Smart Business Plan. These hosting plans are designed with different businesses in mind, making BudgetHosting a great choice for individuals, small businesses, or those with multiple websites.
Unfortunately, the company offers no money back guarantees, has no free hosting plans, and no free trial period for any of their hosting packages, so going with them means that you’ll be taking a larger risk than with most other providers. Since they only have three plans, the process of upgrading or downgrading your plan is quite straightforward, but the BudgetHosting support team is available to help you through the process if you get stuck at any point.
BudgetHosting’s technical support is available 24/7 via a ticket system. The hosting provider will assist you in handling any emergencies or emerging issues that their rather limited knowledge base doesn’t adequately address. I’m pleased to inform you that they promptly addressed the ticket I opened, although it took two days to fully resolve my server issues. Unfortunately, BudgetHosting doesn’t offer live chat or a phone number to contact their support team, which can be problematic for customers, particularly during an emergency.