All website builders market themselves as being the best, but not all of them can give you what you need to showcase your construction company’s expertise.
You may want to display before and after videos and photos of your past jobs to show your potential clients how professional your work is. Perhaps you’ll also want a page listing your construction services, or a contact form to make it easy for your potential clients to reach you. You might even be considering writing a blog with home improvement tips so your visitors can tell you know what you’re doing.
After trying out all the major website builders, I only found five that have the unique capabilities you’ll want for your construction company’s website. Read on to get the details.
Short on Time? Our Top Website Builders for Construction Companies:
- Wix – Provides 500+ fully customizable templates. There’s even one designed specifically for a construction company website.
- Site123 – Makes the website building process extremely easy; you could be online in a matter of minutes.
- Squarespace – Offers unlimited storage and bandwidth with any plan that you choose.
- Jump down for other recommended website builders
- Comparison Table
What We Look For in the Best Website Builders for Construction Companies
While testing website builders for you, I focused on the features you really need:
- Time-saving and easy to use: I know you love building things, but you probably prefer to focus your time and creativity on your clients’ projects, not on building websites.
- Professional, customizable templates: These builders offer mobile-friendly templates that you can customize based on your specific needs.
- Scalable and flexible: If your website needs more storage space as your company grows, you can easily upgrade your plan.
- Additional relevant features: These builders have extra features your construction company website could need, such as galleries, contact forms, maps, scheduling tools, SEO tools, and more.
#1 Wix – The Best Option for Free Apps and Templates
Wix has a dedicated template for construction companies
Wix has a drag-and-drop editor that’s very easy to use, even if you have no previous website building experience. With over 500 templates, including one designed specifically for a construction company website, you can create your website in no time. Wix templates are fully customizable, so you can change things to your taste.
You’ll find the following Wix features especially useful:
- Wix ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence): This AI feature designs your website for you based on your answers to a few questions.
- Galleries: You’ll find several gallery apps in the Wix App Market, many of which are free to use. Galleries are where you can create visual storyboards using photographs of your past construction jobs. Check out Wix Pro Gallery, Wix Photo Albums, or Gallery by POWr.
- Wix SEO Wiz: This free tool helps you improve your website’s SEO so you can rank high on search engines, get more organic traffic, and gain more clients.
- Wix Bookings: This app makes it easy for your potential clients to book meetings with your team.
- Contact forms: The Wix App Market offers plenty of free contact forms, so your potential clients can get in touch with you quickly and easily. Two that I like are Wix Forms and 123FormBuilder.
Be sure to check out our full Wix review for even more information.
You can use Wix’s free plan to build and publish your construction website. However, the free plan only provides 500 MB of storage, and you’ll have to put up with a Wix subdomain (i.e., yourconstructioncompany.wixsite.com) and Wix branding on your website.
I recommend using one of Wix’s paid plans. The basic paid plan (Combo) provides 3 GB of storage, lets you connect your own domain, and removes the Wix branding from your website.
|Easy to Use?||Yes|
|Basic paid plan’s benefits||Combo plan – 3 GB storage, no ads, free custom domain for one year, and 30 video minutes.|
#2 Site123 – The Fastest Way to Build Your Website
Site123 is an easy-to-use website builder with a straightforward editor that can get you online in minutes. Site123 doesn’t have a drag-and-drop editor like Wix does. Instead, after choosing a template, you pick a layout then add your content in pre-made blocks that fit perfectly on the page.
Site123’s layouts are also mobile responsive, so no matter which device visitors use to view your site, it will always look professional. This is also great for search engines – Google loves mobile-responsive websites.
These Site123 features might also come in handy:
- Galleries: You can mix photos and videos of your construction projects in the same slideshow or gallery, or choose to arrange them in separate galleries. You can also group your galleries into different categories to highlight different projects.
- Timeline page: If you have a long-term construction project, you can use this visual timeline to share your daily (or weekly) progress.
- Schedule Booking: Allow your website visitors to book an introductory meeting on your calendar quickly and easily.
For a more in-depth look at this website builder, check out our full Site123 review.
Site123’s free plan offers 500 MB of storage and a free subdomain. But as a construction company, you’re better off with their affordable Premium plan for several reasons:
- You get additional storage space – 500 MB is probably not enough space for all the photos and videos you’ll want to put in your gallery
- You get access to Site123’s App Market (available only on the Premium plan)
- You get a free domain name for a year
|Easy to Use?||Yes|
|Basic paid plan’s benefits||Premium plan – 10 GB storage, 5 GB bandwidth, free custom domain for a year, and no Site123 branding.|
#3 Squarespace – High-Quality Templates for a Professional-Looking Site
Squarespace is known for its clean, mobile-friendly professional templates, which can make your construction company website stand out. It also has an easy-to-use editor, built-in SEO functions so you rank higher on search engines, and features like Gallery Pages and Gallery Blocks for your photos.You can customize any of Squarespace’s professional-looking templates to your needs
Here are a few other useful Squarespace features:
- Acuity Scheduling Integration: Make it easy for your potential clients to schedule introductory meetings by sharing your available hours. You can manage those bookings online and automate customized meeting confirmations and reminders.
- Multiple contributors: Save time by adding one or more of your employees as site contributors so they can perform content updates. You can customize their permissions to give them selective editing access.
- Maps: You can add a Map Block to your page so clients can easily find your offices.
Read our full Squarespace review for some useful tips on how to get even more from this platform.
Squarespace doesn’t have a free plan, but there’s a 14-day free trial. You’ll get unlimited storage and bandwidth with any plan you choose.
|Easy to Use?||Yes|
|Free plan?||No, but there is a 14-day free trial|
|Basic paid plan’s benefits||Personal plan – Unlimited storage and bandwidth, free custom domain for a year, lots of templates and features, two website contributors, and more.|
#4 Weebly – Easy-to-Use Editor, Great for Beginners
Weebly’s drag-and-drop editor makes it easy to build a website using one of the customizable, mobile-responsive themes.
With Weebly’s mobile app, you can manage your website from any device. You can even respond to messages from potential clients while you’re at the job site.
Here are a few handy features for your website:
- Embed videos: Weebly supports YouTube and Vimeo hosted content, so you can embed videos of your construction projects without wasting your site’s precious storage space.
- Weebly Blogs: Weebly’s blogging platform is easy to use, and the sharing and scheduling features allow you to schedule publication times for blog posts and automatically share them on Facebook and Twitter. For instance, you can publish blog posts with basic home improvement tips and advice, and use the opportunity to insert SEO keywords that can get you recognized in your service area.
- Contact forms and Maps: Weebly’s contact tools make it easy for your clients to reach out, whether they’re sending you a message online or stopping by your office.
Read our in-depth Weebly review to get even more information.
Weebly’s free plan includes 500 MB of storage space, but your website will include Square branding, you’ll have to use a Weebly subdomain, and 500 MB might not be enough space for your photos and videos. With one of Weebly’s paid plans, you’ll get more storage space, an HD media player, and the ability to connect a custom domain.
|Easy to Use?||Yes|
|Basic paid plan benefits||Professional plan – Unlimited storage, no ads, and a free custom domain for the first year.|
#5 WordPress.com – The Most Generous Free Storage Space
The power of WordPress.com lies in its flexibility. It has a library with hundreds of fully customizable themes, so you can make your website reflect your company accurately. With the Business plan and up, you can also upload themes from a third-party marketplace like ThemeForest.
The WordPress.com editor can seem complicated at first, as you explore all of the available features, but if you get stuck, there are a lot of tutorials and Community Support Forums.
Read our expert WordPress.com review for a full explanation and more handy tips.
Check out these features:
- Gallery: You can choose from many different free gallery options for your construction photos. Gallery Block, the Gallery Widget, will let you create responsive image layouts and preview your changes before they go live.
- Embed videos: You can easily embed videos from hosting sites like YouTube and Vimeo. WordPress.com lets you adjust the video alignment and size, and even add a caption.
- Free portfolio themes: These themes let you display your construction projects in their best light.
WordPress.com’s free plan comes with 3 GB of storage! This is more storage than you’ll find with any other website builder’s free plan.
However, a WordPress.com paid plan comes with some perks you definitely want – such as 6 GB and up of storage space, a free domain name for your first year, and 24/7 access to customer support.
|Easy to Use?||Slightly more complex than drag-and-drop site builders|
|Basic paid plan’s benefits||Personal plan – 6 GB storage, free custom domain for a year, no ads.|
Which of These Website Builders is the Best for You?
All the website builders on this list will give you what you need to make a professional website for your construction company, so it all comes down to what you really want.
- If you care most about personalizing your site to show the uniqueness of your company, then Wix is a great choice because you can choose from over 500 templates and customize almost everything.
- If you want a straightforward website builder that will get your website live in minutes, Site123 is worth a try.
- If you want a professional-looking website to display all your construction photos and videos in their highest quality, Squarespace is a good place to begin.
- If you want a mobile-responsive website that you can manage from any device, check out Weebly.
- If you want a free media-heavy website to display all your construction projects, WordPress.com’s generous free storage space makes it your best choice.
Choosing the best platform for you depends on what your priorities are. No matter which website builder you use, I would highly recommend that you opt for a paid plan so you can take advantage of additional storage, a custom domain, and exclusive features.
Take a look at the comparison table below to narrow things down even more.
|Wix||Free apps and over 500 free templates, some of which are construction-specific|
|Site123||Very straightforward builder that can give you a mobile-responsive website in minutes|
|Squarespace||Display very high-quality photos and videos|
|Weebly||Free, mobile-friendly templates.|
|WordPress.com||Lots of free storage space for your construction photos and videos|