Inside this Article
1. Wix - Templates Specifically Created for Hair and Beauty Salons2. SITE123 - Free Stock Photos for Your Site3. Squarespace - Image Galleries to Highlight Your Best Work4. WordPress.com - Fully Customizable Templates and Extra Widgets to Choose From5. Weebly - Mobile-Responsive Themes and Helpful AppsWhich Website Builder Is Best for a Beauty Salon Website?
Short on time? These Are Our Favorite Website Builders for Beauty Salons:
- Wix – Fully customizable templates specifically created for beauty and hair salons
- SITE123 – Easy-to-use site editor designed for beginners
- Squarespace – Attractive image galleries to show off photos of your work
Jump down to see other website builders we recommend | Comparison table
1. Wix – Templates Specifically Created for Hair and Beauty SalonsWix is easy to use, with a drag-and-drop editor that makes it simple to swap out and arrange photos of your clients’ gorgeous looks with every season. There are more than 900 templates, and there are even several designed specifically for hair and beauty salons. Once you choose a template, you can fully customize it and add the elements you want, like a contact page so clients can easily reach you, and Wix Bookings so they can schedule appointments online. Wix SEO Wiz can help you develop an SEO strategy so your site is easier for potential clients to find on Google and other search engines. Wix’s free plan comes with 500 MB of storage and bandwidth, but you’ll be stuck with a Wix subdomain (i.e. yoursite.wix.com), and Wix branding on your site. Upgrading to a paid plan will remove the branding and give you access to additional features, and you can connect your own domain name. Read our in-depth Wix review to learn about the other features it offers.
2. SITE123 – Free Stock Photos for Your SiteIf you’re completely new to website design, have no fear – SITE123 is made for beginners. Although SITE123 doesn’t have templates specifically designed for beauty services, the site editor makes it simple and easy to update any template with your own content. If you don’t have any client photos yet, SITE123’s image gallery has hundreds of free, high-quality images you can use. You can use the Schedule Booking tool to set your working hours and let clients schedule appointments online. SITE123’s SEO tools will help your site rank higher in search engine results, meaning it will be more likely to come up when people are looking for beauty services in their area. SITE123’s free plan provides 500 MB of storage, 1 GB of bandwidth, and basic template customization. You’ll have a SITE123 subdomain, and SITE123 branding on your site. If you want to connect your own domain, you can upgrade to one of SITE123’s affordable paid plans. The paid plans also give you access to more site customization options. To learn more, read our full SITE123 review.
3. Squarespace – Image Galleries to Highlight Your Best WorkSquarespace has more than 60 beautifully designed website templates, a few of which were specifically created for health and beauty services. There are useful SEO tools to help you reach more potential clients. Squarespace also offers great website analytics, so you can track your site’s visitors and see where they’re coming from, and make simple adjustments to help your site get more traffic. The Gallery Blocks feature is a valuable tool for showcasing your work by displaying photos, while the Acuity Scheduling feature enables your clients to conveniently book appointments online. Additionally, it provides automated reminders to ensure they remember their upcoming appointments. Squarespace doesn’t have a free plan, but there is a 14-day free trial. Find out more in our expert Squarespace review.
The WordPress.com editor is slightly more complicated than the other builders on this list, but in exchange, it gives you much more control over your site. It offers hundreds of customizable templates. While it doesn’t have any specifically designed for beauty businesses, you can personalize the template of your choice to suit your needs. If you want to use a third-party template from a marketplace like ThemeForest, or integrate any third-party plugins, you’ll have to upgrade to the Business Plan. You can use the built-in Form block to allow potential clients to contact you with any questions they have about your services. You can also include the Contact Info widget and enable the map setting, so your site visitors will know where your salon is. If you have any questions, there’s a knowledge base of articles and video tutorials to help you. WordPress.com’s free plan includes 3 GB of storage, which is more than most other website builders’ free plans. You’ll have a WordPress.com subdomain and branding on your site, but you can easily get rid of these by upgrading to a paid plan. Read our in-depth WordPress.com review to find out about the other features it offers.
5. Weebly – Mobile-Responsive Themes and Helpful AppsWeebly has seven categories of mobile-responsive themes to choose from. There are none specifically made for beauty salon websites, but you can use the simple drag-and-drop editor to customize the template of your choice. There’s also an interactive step-by-step guide you can follow as you create your site, and plenty of support articles to answer any other questions you might have. The Call Out Box app is useful if you want to highlight testimonials from your clients, and there are several different apps for online booking. Weebly’s photo galleries provide a good place for showing photos of jobs you’ve done for your current clients. Weebly’s free plan comes with 500 MB of storage, and a Weebly subdomain and branding. If you want to connect your own domain and remove the branding, it’s easy to upgrade to a paid plan whenever you’re ready. To learn more, read our full Weebly review.
Which Website Builder Is Best for a Beauty Salon Website?Building a website for your beauty salon can be easy and affordable – picking a website builder just comes down to your own needs and preferences. If you want a fully customizable template that’s already designed for a beauty salon, go with Wix. The contact page, Wix Bookings, and Wix SEO Wiz will provide all the functionality you need for a successful website. If you’re looking for eye-catching image galleries, try out Squarespace. The SEO and analytics tools can also be useful for getting your site to rank higher on search engines like Google, and Acuity Scheduling will ensure that your clients always remember their appointments. Here’s a chart to summarize the most important feature of each builder:
|Wix||More than 900 fully customizable, mobile-optimized templates, and Wix SEO Wiz to help with an SEO strategy.|
|SITE123||A simple site editor, free stock images, and the Schedule Booking tool.|
|Squarespace||Well-designed image galleries, social media links, and analytics so you can track your site traffic.|
|WordPress.com||More generous storage than most other free plans, and an extensive plugin library if you upgrade to a higher-tier plan.|
|Weebly||Interactive step-by-step guide and lots of helpful apps in the App Center.|