Inside this Article
In a hurry? I tested dozens of freelance websites to find the best photo editors in 2023, and my favourite freelancers came from Fiverr. I was impressed to find that there’s a gig on the platform for every budget.Whether you need a selfie retouched or your wedding photos revamped, there’s a freelance photo editor out there to suit your needs. But don’t worry, I’ve done the hard work for you and put together a list of some of the best freelancers available, all with a variety of specializations. You may be concerned that an experienced pro is way out of your budget, but it doesn’t have to be. What if I told you that you can hire a talented photo editor for as little as $5? That’s right – you can hire a pro for even less than a cup of fancy coffee. Keep reading to find out where you can book a photo editor at such an affordable rate.
Short on Time? These Are the Best Freelance Photo Editors to Hire in 2023
- Photoshop_crush – High-end fashion recoloring and beauty retouches for portraits and headshots.
- Bonnyz – Multi-talented editor and illustrator for products and architectural designs in CAD.
- Joygun – Skilled image edits in Photoshop ranging from background changes, to resolution sharpening, to interior design.
9 Best Freelance Photo Editors for Hire
Photoshop_crush, also known as Lynda, is a professional retoucher and a Photoshop expert. She offers editing services like teeth whitening and facial hair removal for headshots and portraits but what really sets her apart is her natural-looking retouching – the results won’t look edited at all. You can also get your project edited and delivered in less than five hours per photo for a standard request. The seller takes bulk requests, too.
2. Bonnyz – All-In-One Architect, Designer and Photo EditorBonny can bring even the dullest product photos to life with services like background changes and color correction. You can also request additional text and graphics to be added to your images. Bonny offers unlimited reviews and revisions which is a rare find on Fiverr for this price, so you can be sure to receive work you’re 100% satisfied with. You can contact them in English, Italian, and Spanish.
3. Joygun – Pro Color Correction and Cleanups on Interior ShotsJoygun specializes in transforming basic house and interior design shots into visual gems. You can request effects like greener grass and bright-blue skies to make your real estate photos pop. For interior shots, Joygun can add or remove furniture and decorations, and correct colors for better contrast. Turnaround time is quick, with 24-hour express delivery on offer.
Sasa has experience editing photos for brand campaigns in the beauty and entertainment industry, so you’re getting a real pro. He excels at retouching fashion images and transforming them into trendy glam shots. Sasa is an ideal photo editor for aspiring models building their portfolio. Keep in mind you have to buy his Standard or Premium packages for commercial rights.
5. Eliaathansphoto – An Expert in Natural Photo EditingElia edits close-up photos, like portraits and headshots, for professional use in magazines and publications and can correct dark circles, clean up flyaway hairs, and even shape your eyebrows. Their services are ideal if you’d like fine-tuning without being overly retouched. They even offer express, one-day delivery for a very affordable $5 when you need a quick turnaround.
6. Antonioricoveri – Expert Retouching and Photo RestorationYou can hire Antonio to retouch all sorts of portraits, whether that’s smoothing wrinkled clothing in a graduation photo or covering over a bald patch. He can also restore precious printed photos that have been affected by water or sun damage or images that are simply deteriorating from age. Antonio works in multiple languages, offering services in both Spanish and English.
7. Official_olafur – Professional Photo Editing for InstagramOfficial_olafur is skilled in creating artistic photo edits for Instagram or blog posts, amping up bland shots with a fantasy-style transformation that looks straight out of a magazine. For larger modifications, like adding background effects, you can message the freelancer directly (in English, Norwegian, or Icelandic) to receive a personalized quote.
8. Prakarsa – High Quality, Commercial Photo EditingPrakarsa has mastered the art of still-life retouching, editing uninspiring food, drink, and cosmetic photos to create commercial-quality images. Prakarsa uses color correction, image sharpening, and detailed editing to add vibrancy and brightness to products. Prakarsa offers services in English and Indonesian and has scored 4.9 stars for communication from previous customers so you know you’re in safe hands.
9. Retouchluna – Expert Photo Retouching for Online DatingLuna focuses on editing and retouching photos for dating apps and websites. Luna’s strong suit is natural edits, like smoothing out minor blemishes and fixing the color balance of an image. If you aren’t sure you’re ready to hire right away, you can request a free sample edit to determine whether you like their editing style – an interesting feature you don’t see with many Fiverr sellers.
How to Hire a Freelance Photo Editor on Fiverr
Fiverr makes finding a talented photo editor incredibly simple. The freelance website is home to experienced and professional creatives who offer their services starting from only $5 per package. There are thousands of graphic artists with different specialisms from all over the world on Fiverr – so you’re guaranteed to find the freelancer that’s perfect for you.
Getting started couldn’t be simpler. Head to the Fiverr homepage and type “photo editor” in the search bar. Scroll through the results until you find a gig you’d like to explore.
Click on the snapshot of a freelancer’s profile to see the full listing. Here, you’ll find their portfolio, an “About This Gig” section, package offerings, pricing, and customer reviews.
On the right-hand side of the screen, you’ll see tabs for Basic, Standard, and Premium packages. Clicking on a tab will display the price and services offered under that specific tier. Select Compare Packages to view a breakdown table and weigh up the differences between them.
If you want to ask the seller a question, hit the Contact Seller button. You’ll need a Fiverr account to speak to a freelancer directly, but setting up an account is quick via Facebook, Google, Apple, or your email address.
When you’re ready to hire your freelancer, click Continue to move on.
On the next screen, you’ll find the summary for your chosen package, including the services and total cost. Make sure it includes everything you need, then, when you’re ready to hire, click Continue to Checkout to enter your payment details and finish the commissioning process.
What to Look For in a Freelance Photo EditorIf this is the first time you’ve searched for a freelance photo editor, you might find it hard to pinpoint what exactly makes a “good” expert. A talented photo editor doesn’t just blur out imperfections, they’ll often have a range of talents from correcting poor lighting, adjusting colors, and adding and removing elements. They should know exactly what your image needs to take it from 0 to 100. Here are a few characteristics to look out for:
- Knowledge of standard photo editing software programs: Examine their profile for experience with software like Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, or Skylum Luminar.
- Understanding of photography principles and skills: You can search for any past photography experience in their description.
- Relevant experience in your desired editing type: Check the Editing Type section at the end of the “About This Gig” section for offered options.
- Quick, efficient, and thorough in editing and delivering work: I would recommend quickly scanning customer reviews (after clicking Compare Packages) for comments on fast and error-free delivery.
- Ability to work with any type of file, like .png, .jpeg, and .tiff: You can find this information in the File Format section after “About This Gig”.
- Keen eye and attention to detail: What do former customers say about the detail and accuracy of their work? Make sure you take a look at previous customer reviews.
- Excellent communication skills in the language of operation: You can find their seller communication level score above the customer rating and reviews.