Features and Ease of Use
Playnet uses high-performance servers to host simple showcase or personal web pages as well as more complex websites. WordPress websites on virtual servers can be created for you, or you can sign up for a WordPress hosting package and set it up yourself. These are some of the features you can expect:
- 100% uptime SLA guarantee
- Either 1 GB or 20 GB storage space
- Up to unlimited add-on domains
- Daily and weekly automatic backups on the top plan
- SSL certificate, free on the top plan
- One free .it / .com / .org / .net / .eu domain registration
They offer two WordPress hosting plans: Top Silver and Top Gold.
- The Top Silver plan can be used to host basic websites with manual backups. Although both Perl and PHP are supported, you can’t get into the phpMyAdmin section or MySQL databases.
- The Top Gold plan additionally allows you to access phpMyAdmin, turn on PHP safe mode, monitor your resources, and automatically back up your files (with a fee to restore them).
Although these hosting packages are for WordPress, the top plan is flexible enough to allow the Joomla CMS. All shared hosting packages are managed using the Plesk control panel.
The downside to these plans is that they cannot host more complex websites with large traffic. Data transfer is limited to 20 MB monthly, even on the top plan, which is very little even for personal websites. And you can only have one FTP user.
If your needs exceed what is offered by the WordPress plans, you can opt for the VPS plans that give up to 100 GB HDD, unmetered bandwidth, and up to four CPU cores.
Pricing and Support
If you’re not too bothered about limited data transfer or FTP access then you’ll find that Playnet’s WordPress plans give you many value-added benefits at a low price. Their relatively cheap VPS plans allow you to scale up by choosing the features that meet your budget.
Customer support is not 24/7 but they respond fast when they are online, and their SLA obliges them to resolve any faults within four hours of you submitting a ticket (else you get a month’s free hosting). You can also access support via telephone, email and live chat.