Abansys is a web hosting company that began their operations in 2001. Over the years, this Spain-based hosting vendor has maintained a consistent trajectory of steady growth, though they’re still a relatively small vendor compared to others in the Spanish web hosting space. This hosting provider serves individuals and businesses in Spain, Mexico, the United States, Korea, and Malaysia. Their website is only available in Spanish.
Features and Ease of Use
In the last few years, Abansys has been continually reinforcing their hosting infrastructure. They now sport a predominantly cloud-based network of servers, offering both Linux and Windows shared cloud hosting as well as elastic cloud servers to their customer base.
While they aren’t the biggest web hosting vendor in Spain, their service offerings have captured a considerable portion of the Spanish internet community, largely because of the noteworthy list of features that all their hosting plans include. Some of these features are:
- Unlimited data traffic
- Unlimited databases
- Support for popular programming languages such as PHP, Python, Ruby on Rails, Perl, and CGI
- CRM solutions
- Webpage creator
- E-commerce support
- Dedicated SSL certificate
- Application installer
Additionally, some of the features that I found really impressive with this vendor include:
- Rotation of logs – Abansys has a protocol that eliminates the problem caused by applications that keep generating large log files and thus occupy valuable space on storage servers. These log files also often make it very difficult to read the content of these servers. The Abansys protocol partially stores the content of these log files in an organized, clutter-free process that ensures no unnecessary logs occupy your disk space.
- Web statistics – Abansys uses advanced real-time web metrics that help you track website visits so that you can better understand your customers’ interests and the actions they take on your website. What’s more, this feature includes the ability to check in real time the results of any advertising campaigns you have developed.
- Protected directories – Given the growing number of hacking incidents and data breaches, it’s reassuring to see that Abansys includes protected directories that can only be accessed by certain individuals. These password protected directories host all files to which you wish to limit access.
Abansys does not appear to have any uptime guarantees or SLAs, although my quick tests yielded an average uptime of 99.98% for the last 90 days.
Pricing and Support
Compared to other vendors based in Spain, Abansys’s hosting solutions are surprisingly expensive. They’re not bad by European standards, but given the many other higher-quality hosting vendors around, I can’t see how Abansys can justify charging higher rates. What’s more, a considerable number of people who have used their services have very few positive things to say about the company and their solutions.
Abansys offers no money back guarantees or free trials of their services, unfortunately.
Furthermore, Abansys’s technical support was a huge disappointment. In addition to not having a ticketing system or an email through which customers can contact their support staff, Abansys has added several inactive support links on their website. The company has no live chat support and the links to their social media profiles are also inactive. Though the company claims to have 24/7 customer support and an average response time of 15 minutes for all their tickets, their ticketing system is either entirely non-existent or so buried in their website that it’s of little use to their customers.