Based in Aukland, New Zealand, WebhostingNZ has been operating since at least 2013 but otherwise doesn’t provide too much background information on its website. They prefer to let their range of hosting products, 30-day money-back guarantees, and 24/7 customer service do the talking for them.
Features and Ease of Use
WebhostingNZ provides all the web hosting basics:
- Domain registration, not included in their prices
- SSL certificates included for free with hosting
- Email hosting with web hosting products, or as a standalone product
- Free daily backups
I’m impressed by the breadth of features included out-of-the-box with their hosting products. For example, web and reseller hosting comes bundled with the cPanel manager and the Softaculous 1-click installer. With the reseller plans, you also get a Web Hosting Manager (WHM) license to manage client accounts and products.
Web hosting also comes with some SEO tools, the MySQL-derivative MariaDB, CloudFlare for page load performance, DNS management, and the CloudLinux OS that is specifically optimized for hosting. The WordPress web hosting plan allows you to have your choice of CMS – WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal – installed automatically.
With the VPS plans, you can either start from a clean slate or choose to add on cPanel, CloudLinux, and Softaculous for a high-end web hosting solution. You also have full root access and can set up SSH for your hosting.
Pricing and Support
WebhostingNZ offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for all of their hosting plans, which reduces your initial risk. Web and reseller hosting plans have monthly, semi-annual, 1-year, 2-year, 3-year, and 5-year billing options while VPS hosting has monthly to yearly billing.
The plans are:
- Web Hosting: Six shared hosting packages that come with unlimited data transfer and cPanel. Yearly billing is discounted by 20%. Plans offer between 1 and 11 hosted websites, 1 to 50 GB storage, 2 to unlimited email accounts, 1 to 50 subdomains, and 1 to 20 databases.
- Reseller Hosting: Eight packages for resellers with 10 to unlimited hosted websites, 10 to 50 GB storage, and 250 GB to unlimited bandwidth. An SSL manager, addon domains, Site Builder, Softaculous, and unlimited email accounts are unlocked with higher tier plans. cPanel and WHM are included for free.
- VPS Hosting: Eight VPS configurations come with unlimited monthly transfer. The first four plans have one vCPU while the top four have four vCPUs. Depending on your plan, you get 5 to 200 GB storage and 64 to 8 GB of RAM. cPanel, CloudLinux, off-server backup, and a Softaculous license can be purchased as add-ons.
Pricing for WebhostingNZ’s products is fairly standard, but among the cheaper options for New Zealand-based hosts.
All WebhostingNZ customers have access to 24/7 technical support via live chat or a ticketing system. The friendly, helpful, and competent technical support staff are amazing, and they also have technicians monitoring their physical servers around the clock. There is a self-help section, and a set of FAQs, for those of you who like to support yourselves, but more content would not go amiss.