Porar is one of the most preferred web hosting providers in Thailand. The company was founded in 2001 and today provides web hosting services to more than 50 websites of publicly-owned companies in Thailand as well as over 5,000 privately-owned companies. Porar also has a number of customers in the United States, Germany, and Malaysia. With modern security protocols and a 100% update guarantee system, Porar lives up to their commitment to keep their customers’ websites and data secure. The Porar website is available in both Thai and English.
Features and Ease of Use
All Porar web hosting plans are packed with an array of features that make it easy to manage a website of any size. Some of the standard features included in their hosting packages include:
- An easy-to-use control panel
- Unlimited emails
- Antivirus protection and junk mail filter
- Web analytics
- FTP access
- MariaDB, MongoDB, Apache Cassandra, and Redis (Linux-4 and Linux-5 plans only)
- Free Thawte SSL certificate (for Linux-4 and Linux-5 plans only)
- Weekly data backups
- Installation of popular scripts and CMSes handled by staff
As you may be able to tell, they’re doing their best to steer customers towards their Linux-4 and Linux-5 plans; any plans below that are severely limited in terms of scripting functionality, database speeds, and availability of SSL certificates. That said, if you’re only hosting a simple, largely static website, the Linux-1, Linux-2, and Linux-3 plans will more than suffice.
In addition to these standard features, the following features also included in this vendor’s hosting plans caught my eye:
- Renew domain name for free for a lifetime – Porar only charges their customers to register their preferred domain name in the first year of web hosting. After the first year, the domain name becomes yours for a lifetime for as long as you keep renewing your hosting subscription with this vendor.
- 99.99% uptime guarantee backed by a refund – Porar promises their customers that they’ll keep their websites available 99.99% of the time, all year round. The company’s downtime policy will ensure that you are compensated web hosting fees if you experience more than that level of downtime.
- User interface available in English and Thai – Porar’s web hosting solutions include a control panel that’s easy to use even for beginners. The vendor’s account management interface will help you create, modify, and delete files as well as manage email and databases. Through this interface, you’ll also be in a position to see detailed website statistics including visitor stats presented in beautiful 3D graphs.
Porar has invested in high-performance servers located across Thailand and several other countries around the globe. You can choose the data center where you’d like your website to be hosted for faster website loading speeds.
Pricing and Support
Porar’s hosting plans are priced in Thai Baht. They are very expensive by local web hosting standards. Perhaps this is why the company has not included a yearly payment option as it would be extremely expensive. While the higher-end features for Porar’s top-tier plans justify their expensive rates, users can find far more affordable options elsewhere if they’re simply looking for basic hosting with minimal features.
Porar doesn’t have a support ticket system. To contact their support team, you can use Facebook, email, live chat, or telephone. You can also send them a message using the contact form on their website. I was quite impressed by the responsiveness of their technical support team. I sent them an email asking for more information regarding some of the software they use. I got a reply within 30 minutes. Their response was straight to the point and all of my questions had been addressed in an easy-to-understand yet not condescending manner.