Founded in 2003, Namespro.ca is a Canadian owned, CIRA accredited hosting provider with rock-solid credentials. Although they only provide shared web hosting products, they put everything into making these products as high-quality as possible with useful software, great customer service, and a range of value-added services.
Features and Ease of Use
Namespro keeps it simple by providing a standard hosting service with few outstanding features:
- Domain registration (not included with pricing)
- DNS hosting/management provided for free with domain registration
- Private WHOIS
- Email hosting
The following additional features make their products useful and easy to use:
- 1-Click Software: WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, and other hosting applications can be easily installed as soon as your hosting is provisioned
- Plesk or cPanel: These popular hosting panels are provided for Linux (cPanel) and Windows (Plesk) hosting
- SEO and marketing tools: Optimize your web hosting’s search engine ranking, and increase your traffic using tools cPanel and Attracta
Namespro.ca makes it easy for almost anyone to purchase and set up a hosting solution with one-click installation of hundreds of hosting applications. The only downsides are the dated website and relative lack of CMS-specific hosting solutions.
Pricing and Support
The great news is that you can try Namespro.ca relatively risk-free thanks to their 30-day money back guarantee. While they only offer shared web hosting on Linux or Windows, you can purchase additional value-added services such as email storage, DNS hosting, and private WHOIS.
The Linux hosting options are almost unlimited in terms of disk space, monthly traffic, email accounts, databases, FTP accounts, and subdomains. And you can one-click install multiple hosting applications such as WordPress and Joomla. The options are:
- Classic: Single-domain with only annual billing
- Plus: Multi-domain with up to three domains and a choice of quarterly, semi-annual, and annual billing
- Ultimate: Multi-domain with unlimited domains and a choice of quarterly, semi-annual, and annual billing
The Windows hosting options provide tiered resource limits according to your pricing plan. Solutions run on Microsoft IIS servers with ASP/ASP.NET environments, and they come with the Plesk control panel. The options are:
- Value: 5 GB storage and 50 GB traffic
- Starter: 10 GB storage and 100 GB traffic
- Professional: 2 GB storage and 200 GB traffic
- Premium: 3 GB storage and 300 GB traffic
Namespro products are priced at very affordable rates for the industry, especially if you consider the unlimited Linux hosting features and the decent limits for the Windows hosting. You can add unique IPs for SSL, advanced mailing lists, or database storage.
All hosting plans come with 24/7/365 one-to-one technical support, which you can access via multiple ticket and email channels. Support staff are very helpful, but response times can vary, and you can only use the phone support line to report abuse! The knowledge base is good but not great.
How much does Namespro.ca cost?Namespro.ca offers plans from $5 to $20. The price depends on which type of hosting plan you choose. You can see the updated pricing table (updated weekly) below.
Which Namespro.ca plan should I get?My recommendation is to start with a cheaper plan. You can always upgrade later on. Namespro.ca can help you with the migration to a more expensive plan. The increase in visitors many times takes longer than expected and you shouldn’t pay a lot of money until the need arises. Of course, your needs may vary, and you can consult with a hosting expert from Namespro.ca here.
How good is Namespro.ca’s customer support?Namespro.ca is not ranked as one of our top web hosts. But that can also be a result of Namespro.ca being a small, under the radar, hosting provider. There are advantages to a small hosting company – as a customer, you are more important to them. You can also check out our comparison of the most popular web hosting services here.