Features and Ease of Use
As a one-stop-shop solution for their targetted customer base, Christian Web Host do a good job of providing all the hosting essentials:
- Domain registration for .church, .com, .net, or .org (not included in pricing)
- SSH available with certain plans
- Email hosting via MailChannel
- Positive SSL certificates (not included in pricing)
In addition to the aforementioned essentials, Chrisitan Web Host provides the following features to enhance their products:
- cPanel + Softaculous: More than 300 Softaculous scripts for web hosting applications, plus your choice of CMS (e.g. WordPress or Magento) so you can install almost anything you need
- SiteLock: An add-on security suite that provides malware scanning, detection and removal, and blacklist monitoring
- VM Software: Partnering with popular VM software providers such as Virtuozzo, VMware, and Veeam Backup Recovery.
Since they don’t offer CMS-specific hosting, you’ll require a bit more expertise to install the necessary components through cPanel+Softaculous for web hosting and SolusVM for VPS hosting. Luckily, everything else, including their pricing structures and the signup and purchasing process, is extremely straightforward.
Pricing and Support
The straightforward Web Hosting plans provide shared web hosting with Softaculous, an email client via MailChannel, a choice of monthly or annual billing, and add-on security suits for your hosting and email. The plans are:
- Stacked: 10 GB Storage, 100 GB data transfer, 100 email accounts, 10 FTP and virtual accounts, 10 MySQL databases, and no SSH
- Layered: 15 GB Storage, 150 GB data transfer, 150 email accounts, 15 FTP and virtual accounts, 15 MySQL databases, and SSH is available
- Expanded: 20 GB Storage, 200 GB data transfer, 200 email accounts, 20 FTP and virtual accounts, 20 MySQL databases, and SSH is available
The Virtual Private Server (VPS) Web Hosting offers a choice of monthly or quarterly billing, and a choice of control panel (cPanel/WHM or Plesk). SolusVM is provided to manage your VPS solution, and you are guaranteed isolated resources for greater stability and better performance. The plans are:
- VPS-1024 Plan: 30 GB storage, 300 GB data transfer, 1 GB RAM, and 1 IP Address
- VPS-2048 Plan: 40 GB storage, 400 GB data transfer, 2 GB RAM, and 2 IP Address
- VPS-4096 Plan: 50 GB storage, 500 GB data transfer, 4 GB RAM, and 2 IP Address
The starting prices for these products are on the high side. Although you get generous resource allowances and a very polished platform, you don’t get absolutely everything you need, and the necessary extra security is not exactly cheap.
Christian Web Host provides 24/7 technical support via a ticketing system, plus phone support within office hours on weekdays. Response times via these routes are superb, although email response times can be somewhat variable. Support staff are knowledgeable and courteous when dealing with common issues, and the knowledge base is decent enough if you’re more into DIY solutions.