Features and Ease of Use
WestHost offers web hosting solutions in public clouds. Their hosting plans are designed with an array of features and boatload of resources that make each of them incredibly worthwhile. Some of the typical features you will find in a WestHost shared hosting plan include:
- Unlimited email accounts with 10GB storage each
- US-based support
- A minimum of 50GB disk space
- A minimum of 1TB bandwidth
- Website builder
- Database storage
- Free setup
The features that make WestHost a cut above the rest in this industry include:
- Host multiple websites – Most of WestHost’s plans (with the exception of their Personal Hosting plan) allow you to host an unlimited number of websites on their shared servers, essentially reducing the money you would need to spend on hosting.
- Super-fast installation and deployment – WestHost has designed their platform to allow users to set up and use applications in a single click, saving you lots of time.
- Several storage and bandwidth options – WestHost gives you plenty of storage and bandwidth options to cater for any business, regardless of its size or sophistication.
Pricing and Support
Given the many features included in their hosting packages, WestHost’s rates are extremely fair in my opinion. You can choose to pay for your subscription on a monthly basis, an annual basis, or every two or three years. The longer you subscribe for, the higher the discount WestHost will offer you. This vendor does not offer any free hosting plans, nor does it have a free trial period. However, there is a 30-day money-back guarantee for shared hosting so you can check out their platform risk-free.
WestHost’s support is pretty standard. The company has a 24/7 live chat option where you can directly talk to their support team, as well as a knowledge base to get you acquainted with the hosting platform and how to get around most of the challenges you’re likely to come across. There’s also a toll-free number you can reach them at. WestHost provides a number of email addresses through which you can get in touch with specific departments. In my experience, WestHost’s technical support is polite and resourceful, but it can take some time to get a response back, especially if your issue is complex.