Keyweb’s history goes as far back as 1997, making them one of the pioneers in the industry. However, they’ve kept up with the times and have added to and expanded their offerings to include modern and unique hosting types like Mac servers. They now have two data centers located in Germany and have built over 10,000 of their own servers. They’ve got a large selection of many different types of hosting, such as VPS, dedicated, private cloud, and shared hosting. They provide their services in English, Russian, German, and Ukrainian.
Features and Ease of Use
Keyweb tries hard to be a one-stop solution provider for any hosting needs, and they’ve largely succeeded. They offer all the essentials, such as:
- A free .de domain registration
- SSL certificates
- Email hosting
- 24 support
They also provide the following features that cement them as a top hosting provider:
- Custom Solutions: You can consult with professionals from Keyweb to configure the ideal dedicated server for your business requirements as well as opt for a managed solution.
- Colocation: Keyweb offers colocated hosting that ensures redundancy through two covert and two support facilities.
- Mac Hosting: This Mac-based hosting is perfect for anyone from individual customers to agencies with intensive media processing needs who prefer working on Mac platforms.
- Multiple languages available: Their user-friendly administration interface, KeyHelp®, is available in German, English, Russian, Italian, and Bosnian.
How easy it will be to manage your solution will depend largely on what type of hosting you opt for. One outstanding aspect of Keyweb is that they are one of the only hosts that provide Mac hosting which will undoubtedly make them the best option for Mac users. They provide their own superb KeyHelp hosting management tool with most products which is a surprisingly good in-house tool.
Pricing and Support
There’s a massive variety of hosting packages available on Keyweb, all of which mostly revolve around cloud or dedicated VPS services. It could take you quite a while to work through the entire catalog to find the right option.
There aren’t any money back guarantees, but you can cancel your plan at any time as long as it’s 14 days before your next billing date. If you choose a contract term of at least two years, you’ll get a 10% discount – which, to be honest, seemed a bit close-fisted considering that most other hosting providers only require a year minimum before they give you a promotional rate. That said, I was mollified to see that their plans are inexpensively-priced even without the discount – in which case, that additional discount is just a bonus.
The billing periods available depend on the type of hosting you go for:
- Mac Hosting: There are four plans divided between a basic Mini and more intensive Pro plans. There’s a setup fee and billing is monthly.
- Keymachine® Pro Server: This is their range of VPS and dedicated servers that run on premium hardware. It’s billed monthly and all dedicated servers come with a setup fee.
- Shared Hosting: A single, affordable web hosting plan with modest resources, monthly billing, and no setup fee.
- Cloud Hosting: A range of cloud solutions that range from basic cloud storage to private cloud services. Cloud servers are high-end, expensive, and come with a setup fee.
- Colocation: Redundant servers spread across Keyweb data centers with no setup fees and wide-ranging costs.
Keyweb offers ticket, live chat, and phone support. Their support staff are held to very high standards through their transparent and comprehensive service level agreements. You can also buy extended management services for a completely worry-free hosting experience. Their support staff are some of the best you’ll find anywhere with impeccable service that’s both professional and efficient. The same seems to be the case for most of their other customers.
How much does Keyweb cost?
Keyweb offers multiple plans priced highest to lowest. The price depends on which type of hosting plan you choose. You can see the updated pricing table (updated weekly) below.
Which Keyweb plan should I get?
My recommendation is to start with a cheaper plan. You can always upgrade later on. Keyweb can help you with the migration to a more expensive plan. The increase in visitors many times takes longer than expected and you shouldn’t pay a lot of money until the need arises. Of course, your needs may vary, and you can consult with a hosting expert from Keyweb here.
How good is Keyweb’s customer support?
Keyweb is not ranked as one of our top web hosts. But that can also be a result of Keyweb being a small, under the radar, hosting provider. There are advantages to a small hosting company – as a customer, you are more important to them. You can also check out our comparison of the most popular web hosting services here.