Established in 2002, Webgate is a highly experienced and reliable web hosting company based in Tel Aviv, Israel. Their data centers are also located in Israel in the town of Petah Tikva. They serve a mainly Hebrew audience and Hebrew is the only language they offer on their website. They provide a range of shared hosting options including cPanel, Linux, Windows, and WordPress options and a few reseller hosting and VPS solutions.
Features and Ease of Use
You can find all the supporting services or features you need for a complete hosting solution at Webgate:
- Domain registration
- SSL certificates
- Site backup with 7-day access
- Use a control panel to manage your hosting (mostly cPanel)
They also provide a number of specialized services and types of hosting for those with specific needs:
- WordPress Services: Webgate provides a range of services to get the most out of your WordPress website including optimizing the performance, designing a site for you, or securing it.
- WordPress, Joomla, or Drupal: Webgate provides hosting solutions that cater to users of these three highly popular website management platforms and can install them for you.
- Internet Radio Server: A unique type of hosting solution that’s perfect if you want to continuously stream content such as video or music.
The first thing that’s great from a user experience perspective is that you have the option of WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal hosting. Through standard support and their other services, you can also have a great site running without doing too much yourself. Signup is also straightforward with no upsells. However, the fact that the site is in Hebrew will make it difficult if that’s not your language.
Pricing and Support
Webgate offers a 30-day money back guarantee for all their hosting packages. You can also cancel at any other time for a pro-rata refund of your remaining billing term. You don’t need to provide any reasons as long as it’s within the window of 30 days. They provide a range of shared hosting, VPS, and reseller hosting options with a choice of Linux or Windows and specialized services. These include:
Shared Linux Hosting:
- Starter: Suitable for individual site owners/bloggers. Comes with 100 MB storage and 10 GB data transfer
- SmallBiz: Suitable for more popular bloggers or small businesses. Comes with 500 MB storage and 25 GB data transfer
- Hacker: Suitable for very popular bloggers and small to medium businesses. Comes with 1 GB storage and 75 GB data transfer.
Shared Windows Hosting:
- Starter: Comes with 100MB disk space, 10 GB data transfer, 3 email accounts, and 1 MySQL database.
- SmallBiz: Comes with 500 MB disk space, 25 GB data transfer, 5 email accounts, and 1 MySQL database.
- Master: Comes with 1 GB disk space, 75 GB data transfer, 10 email accounts, up to 10 sites, and 1 MySQL database.
VPS Linux or Windows: Some resources for their VPS plans are configurable. Comes with 25 GB storage, 1 TB data transfer, 1-32 GB RAM, and up to 8 CPUs.
Reseller hosting: They provide Linux and Windows reselling packages that are very similar to their VPS solutions.
WordPress hosting: There are three hosting plans that offer different resources suitable for anything from individual bloggers to business websites.
They recommend using their affiliate SweetHome for dedicated server hosting and another more resource-intensive reseller hosting.
Webgate offers 24/7 support for all their hosting packages through either their phone lines or via email support. Live chat is available but is not 24/7. On top of this, they provide a number of other professional support services, especially for WordPress, which are paid-for extras. As such, you can rest assured that their support staff is highly technically skilled. They are also quick to respond. However, support is only offered in Hebrew.