OBizTek, founded in 2000, is an Indian-based company owned by an industry expert with over twenty years experience in the informational technology field. A company with a long track record, they have customers around the world. Their website and support are available in English.
Features and Ease of Use
OBizTek sells website hosting solutions along with a range of services for online marketing services. Their shared hosting packages come with the following features:
- 99.95% uptime guarantee
- Weekly data backup for disaster recovery
- Domain registration available
- From one to five domains
- From 100MB to 5GB web space
- From 1GB to 50GB bandwidth
They offer Linux and Windows shared hosting plans and both come with slightly different resource quotas.
Digging into the Linux plans first, you can choose from six plans:
- 100MB-LH: 100MB web space, 1GB bandwidth, one domain, and one subdomain
- 250MB-LH: 200MB web space, 2.5GB bandwidth, one domain, and one subdomain
- 500MB-LH: 500MB web space, 5GB bandwidth, one domain, and one subdomain
- 1GB-LH: 1GB web space, 10GB bandwidth, one domain, and one subdomain
- 2GB-LH: 2GB web space, unlimited bandwidth, two domains, and two subdomains
- 5GB-LH: 5GB web space, unlimited bandwidth, five domains, and five subdomains
All of the Linux plans come with support for PHP (only versions 4 and 5) and Perl, CGI, SSI, and Python, as well as Cron Jobs and FTP access. Beginners will appreciate the Fantastico one-click installer for popular programs, a website builder, and compatibility with common CMS’s such as WordPress, Joomla!, Drupal, and e-commerce shopping carts.
Their Windows shared hosting plans are also split into six resource levels as follows:
- 100MB-WH: 100MB web space, 2GB bandwidth, one domain, and one subdomain
- 250MB-WH: 250MB web space, 5GB bandwidth, one domain, and one subdomain
- 500MB-WH: 500MB web space, 10GB bandwidth, one domain, and one subdomain
- 1GB-WH: 1GB web space, 20GB bandwidth, one domain, and two subdomains
- 2GB-WH: 2GB web space, 40GB bandwidth, one domain, and three subdomains
- 5GB-WH: 5GB web space, 100GB bandwidth, one domain, and five subdomains
All of the Windows plans come with Microsoft SQL, MySQL databases, and support for ASP 3, ASP.NET 3, 3.5, 4, and PHP versions 4 and 5.
The Linux plans use cPanel whereas the Windows plans come with a Plesk control panel. While it’s good to see the option of operating system and support for various advanced scripting techniques, I am a little surprised by how few domains are allowed with each package. Even the highest Linux plan only allows five domains and five subdomains, while the highest Windows plan only allows one domain and five subdomains.
Pricing and Support
Whilst the Windows plans are, understandably, slightly more expensive than the Linux plans, all of their plans are very affordable. Given the level of features and resources, I think the prices are fair, if a little on the cheap side for international customers.
Their plans are only available on annual terms, which is understandable as they are so affordable. Just be sure to consider that tax (18%), domain registration, and SSL certificates are all added costs.
They have a very flexible cancellation policy. You can cancel within thirty days and receive a full refund, no questions asked, plus you can also cancel at anytime and receive a prorated refund for any unused time.
All plans come with 24/7 technical support via email and telephone, while sales inquiries are handled between 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday. Unfortunately, their knowledge base is empty (at least for non-logged in customers) however, they do have a small FAQ section on their main website pages. All in all, the customer service is sufficient, especially for such a budget brand.