Digirock is a small hosting company that simply isn’t a match for big brands like Hostinger. The bigger hosting companies simply offer a better price for similar configuration.
Digirock is a Japanese web hosting company that forms part of the massive GMO Internet Group. Under this umbrella company, there is also a number of other internet service brands (some in other countries) with most of their hosting falling under Digirock. They are still a Japanese company that offers their services in Japanese only. They have been in operation since 2001 which makes them an experienced and reliable provider.
Features and Ease of Use
Digirock is also a complete domain registrar and they recommend registering a domain with them if you plan to sign up for their hosting. You also get SSL certificates with most plans. They provide setup services with certain plans as well as other add-on support services.
They also provide a number of more valuable services and features:
- Automatic backups: With certain plans, you can set up automatic backups to keep your websites and data safe.
- WordPress hosting: Products specifically made for those running WordPress sites with WordPress pre-installed and sufficient resources for a wide range of needs.
- Value-IP: This is an optional service for their Value Server and Core Server products. It’s a load balancing and IP address distributing service to speed up your site’s loading times.
The website is slightly dated so it can be rather confusing to sign up for hosting as well as navigate the knowledge base, etc. At least they offer a one-click WordPress install with their web hosting or pre-installed WordPress on their Core Press packages.
Pricing and Support
Digirock offers a number of hosting types with their own pricing structures that range from WordPress hosting to server rental. They don’t offer any free plans, but most products come with a 30-day money back guarantee. Here’s a quick look at what they have to offer:
- Core Server: These are their shared web hosting packages with four options that start at almost $2. WordPress is available on all plans as well as a free SSL certificate:
- Core-Mini: A very basic plan with 60 GB SSD storage, 50 domains, 200 email accounts, unlimited data transfer, and 10 SQL databases. No telephone support or auto backups.
- Core-A: 120 GB SSD storage, unlimited domains, emails, data transfer, and databases.
- Core-B: All of the above but with 240 GB storage and telephone support.
- Core-C: All of the above but with 480 GB storage and automatic backups.
- Value Server: This is their three affordable server leasing options that offer 50, 100, or 400 GB of storage, 100 email accounts, 25 to unlimited domains, and one to unlimited databases. With the top plan, you also get premium support.
- Core Press: Under CorePress, they offer an extensive range of hosting products geared for WordPress. These range in resources (and cost) for anything from an individual blog to a large business website. Plans are limited according to visitors and page views and you will need to upgrade if you exceed it.
All-in-all their prices start out very affordable. However, you should be careful of extra charges that can be incurred, for example, with a WordPress hosting option.
Support on Digirock is almost entirely dependant on what plan you choose as well as what other extra support services you want. They offer live chat and email support to all and telephone support to select customers. If you have premium support, you’ll be very well taken care of while it is a bit lackluster with excluded pans. Their support is only in Japanese.