Surftown was founded as a Danish company based out of Copenhagen back in 2013 as a sister company for the Coheasio Group. Since then, they’ve been a consistent provider of affordable and reliable shared web hosting solutions in the region. They now provide their services in both Danish and Swedish. They are known for providing very easy to use hosting solutions with great support and a decent set of features.
Features and Ease of Use
Although you might need to pay for some of their services or features, it’s still a plus that they offer all the essentials, such as:
- Domain registration
- Free SSL certificates
- Backups and data recovery (for an extra fee)
- Migration (for an extra fee)
They also offer services and features that will improve the experience for almost anyone looking for hosting:
- Professional IT Services: They provide services that are useful to anyone with little experience or time such as WordPress site servicing, migration, DNS management, and site conversion.
- WordPress 1-Click Install: You can install WordPress, Joomla, phpBB, etc. which are some the world’s most popular CMSs easily from your hosting dashboard.
- Surftown SiteBuilder: The Surftown SiteBuilder is a very easy-to-use tool for beginners to create their own modern websites and comes with 40 templates.
Hosting with Surftown is extremely simple. Their pricing plans are straightforward and there is no trickery when it comes to signing up and setting up your hosting solution. They provide a very beginner-friendly control panel as well as software, such as WordPress, their own SiteBuilder, and Windows ASP.NET to cater to anyone’s hosting needs.
Pricing and Support
As a shared web hosting-only provider, the pricing plans and products on Surftown are very straightforward. The prices on their site are calculated on a monthly basis but are billed yearly. You also need to pay a setup fee with all plans that go up for higher plans. Some plans have fixed rates for renewing the plan while others are only cheaper for the first year.
All plans come with unlimited subdomains, DNS management, 99.9% uptime guarantee, email and chat support, Let’s Encrypt SSL, and the Surftown SiteBuilder. With the Starts and Advanced plan you will need to pay extra for data recovery and phone support:
- Starts: 1 domain, 20 GB storage, 30 GB data transfer, and 2 GB per email account storage. Priority support comes at extra cost.
- Advanced: 20 domains, 50 GB storage, and 50 GB data transfer. ASP.NET, MSSQL, and priority support are also unlocked from here on.
- Plus: 30 domains, 100 GB storage, 100 GB data transfer, and 10 GB email storage per account.
- Premium: 100 domains, 300 GB storage, and 300 GB data transfer.
The Starts and Advanced plans are only really suitable for individual websites or blogs while the Plus and Premium packages are adequate for SMEs. There are no real enterprise-level solutions,
As you can see, the level of support you can expect is determined by your product. However, all support is limited to office hours for central European time (09:00-19:00 for weekdays and 10:00 to 16:00 on weekends). They do promise to get back to you within 24 hours though. Despite this limitation, their support staff is great to work with and are experts at solving technical hosting issues. They also have a handy and modern support knowledge base.