Sherweb is fine, but fine is not good enough. While Sherweb is a decent web host, you can get better quality hosting at a cheaper price with Hostinger, for example.
Sherweb has been around since 1998, making it one of the most experienced hosting providers currently in existence. They have updated and expanded their catalog to now provide a wide selection of products and solutions for anyone from individuals to large enterprises. These range from Infrastructure to Platform to Software as a Server solution to simple web hosting.
Sherweb partners with some of the biggest IT platforms and names, especially Microsoft Windows. They provide 100% redundant, Fortune-500 infrastructure which has been accredited with the highest standard, SOC2 certification and operate in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
Features and Ease of Use
True to their nature as a provider of a huge selection of hosting services, Sherweb provides all the standard features you’d expect:
- Domain registration
- SSL certificates
- Daily backups
There isn’t really anything extraordinary about their service, but they do ensure a comfortable hosting experience by including the following features:
- Windows or Linux: Choose between Windows or a selection of Linux operating systems to be pre-installed on your machine.
- Redundant Servers: Sherweb’s infrastructure adheres to the best standards when it comes to redundancy with up to RAID 10 implementations.
- Top of the line infrastructure: Sherweb’s data centers run on top-of-the-line hardware and comes with the most trusted and popular software programs pre-installed with high enough standards to be partnered by some of the top IT companies.
How easy or how difficult your experience using Sherweb will depend wholly on what kind of hosting your looking for and what your skillset is. However, it’s a huge plus that they provide purpose-built solutions that already provide most of the requirements for that specific need, such as their Exchange or SharePoint hosting. You can also opt for managed solutions if you don’t have the expertise or resources to manage it yourself.
Pricing and Support
Sherweb provides a wide range of specialized hosting solutions that range from simple web hosting to cloud server hosting to hosted enterprise software like Exchange and SharePoint. Most of the more advanced or specific types of hosting will need to be configured on an individual basis by following a consultation procedure.
- Web Hosting: All three plans come with unlimited traffic, a choice of Windows or Linux (with different prices), 99.9% uptime guarantee, tech support, daily backups, and monthly billing with a 30-day money back guarantee. You will need to pay a once-off setup fee. Plans differ mostly in storage (1, 10, or 20 GB) and email accounts (5, 500, 1000). There are also multi-domain options.
- Virtual Private Cloud: Choose between a Simple Private Cloud and Hybrid VMWare Cloud solution that’s fully managed. You will need to contact them to set up a custom solution.
- Cloud Servers: Their cloud servers provide instant access to cloud-based computing with no upfront fees, high scalability, and choice of Windows, Ubuntu, or CentOS operating systems.
All Sherweb products come with 24/7 technical support services that they provide via ticket, email, live chat, or phone lines. They provide toll-free numbers to specific offices in the U.S., Canada, and Europe. Their technical support is not always the best which mostly comes down to the fact that you can run into seriously environment-dependant and difficult to solve issues using some of their more advanced hosting solutions. At least their staff responds quickly to requests with a guarantee of calls being answered in under 40 seconds.