Features and Ease of Use
Raid hosting provides relatively complete hosting products with the following features:
- Domain registration
- PCI DSS compliant SSL certificates for secure payment processing
- Daily backups
- Migration services
- WordPress installation
- Windows or Linux hosting
Their hosting products also come with some powerful features that make them fantastic options for certain customers:
- Configurable and Scalable Virtual Servers: Raid allows you to instantly scale up your VPS product over time since the modular facilities allow for continuous upgrades with no downtime or interruptions.
- SEO Hosting: This package is geared towards those who take their SEO seriously, i.e. those who have multiple sites with the goal of promoting and interlinking between them. This option will also make it look like your sites are on different servers, so you are not punished by search engine ranking algorithms.
Tailored hosting solutions, such as their WordPress-specific SEO and highly configurable VPS servers, are hugely beneficial to customers who want to get the best performance out of their hosting solutions without having to be experts themselves. Even on shared hosting, you can ask Raid to install WordPress for you so that you can get your website up and running in the shortest possible time. The sign-up and provisioning process is pretty straightforward, and upsells are limited. The only ease-of-use hit at Raid is that their website is a bit outdated and hard to navigate.
Pricing and Support
Raid provides a 30-day money back guarantee for their shared hosting products, but for VPS products you will only be refunded for the remaining period of your contract and will be charged an additional separation fee. After the first 30 days, you will need to give 30 days notice in order to avoid the next billing.
You can choose between monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual billing, but plans don’t include SSL certificate and domain charges.
Shared Web Hosting plans come with unlimited subdomains, email accounts, databases, and daily backups. The options are:
- Linux: 2 GB, 5 GB, or unlimited bandwidth. Unlimited traffic. cPanel control panel. Free website transfer
- Windows: 500 MB, 2000 MB, or 5000 MB storage. 40 GB, 80 GB, or 120 GB traffic. 1, 1, or 2 domains respectively
WordPress Hosting on Linux offers hosting packages tailored to the ever-popular WordPress publishing tool, with caching and other performance software plus InnoDB and regular updates. Each plan comes with unlimited domains and email accounts. All products come with 600 MB of storage and 40 GB of bandwidth.
Virtual Private Server (VPS) options include six standard packages that you can customize. You can choose your network speed, Linux or Windows OS flavor, control panel, backup size, bandwidth, IP addresses, dedicated memory, and dedicated storage.
Raid isn’t one of the most affordable options available, and most of their shared web hosting packages have some limitations considering the price you pay (except for the unlimited Linux shared hosting plan). Nevertheless, they offer unique hosting solutions like SEO hosting.
Technical support can be obtained by telephone and email, but only between the hours of 08:30 and 19:00 Isreali time from Sundays to Thursdays. Although not always the most courteous, their support staff are very knowledgeable about the products and infrastructure, and can usually solve your problems with utmost efficiency. That’s good because the articles in the knowledge base are pretty scarce.