Netfox is fine, but fine is not good enough. While Netfox is a decent web host, you can get better quality hosting at a cheaper price with Hostinger, for example.
Netfox was founded in Russia in 2000 and has provided different types of hosting services since then. They mainly target a European audience with data center nodes spread across countries like Russia, the Netherlands, Ukraine, and Germany. One of their chief objectives is to provide safe hosting that’s protected from DDoS attacks and provides availability through redundancy. For now, they only provide their service in Russian.
Features and Ease of Use
If you choose Netfox, they can provide all of the following features and you won’t need to turn to another provider or do it yourself:
- Domain registration
- Free SSL certificates
- cPanel hosting manager
They also offer the following attractive features and services:
- Softaculous: The Softaculous script installer comes with all hosting plans and is an easy way to 1-click install the best web hosting applications.
- DDoS Protection: All their plans come with round the clock protection and monitoring from DDoS attacks.
- SiteBuilder: They provide affordable plans that are tailored for those who want to use the SiteBuilder platform to create and host their site.
It also pays to keep in mind that all their products run on SSD hard drives for optimal disk speeds.
The Netfox website itself is very outdated which makes it a bit difficult to find your way around. However, at least they provide much more modern software and tools with their hosting plans such as cPanel, Softaculous, and Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates. That means actually hosting and managing your site is much easier than signing up.
Pricing and Support
Although Netfox offers shared hosting, VDS hosting, and dedicated server rental, they still manage to provide very straightforward pricing structures. The only tricky bit is that web hosting is divided into plans with and without access to the SiteBuilder. They only provide monthly subscriptions, except for the free year-long trial of their base SiteBuilder plan.
- Web Hosting:
- H1: two sites, 2 GB disk space, four domains, one domain addon, 50 emails per hour, max 100,000 folders and files.
- H2: three sites, 5 GB disk space, six domains, two domain addon, 100 emails per hour, max 200,000 folders and files.
- H3: six sites, 10 GB disk space, ten domains, five domain addon, 200 emails per hour, max 300,000 folders and files.
- H4: 20 sites, 20 GB disk space, 20 domains, 19 domain addon, 500 emails per hour, max 600,000 folders and files.
- Web Hosting + SiteBuilder: All plans can only host one site.
- 50 MB: Basic free plan with 50 MB storage, 50 e-commerce products, 50 emails per hour, 1500 folders and files, and three plugins.
- 5 GB: 5 GB storage, 190 e-commerce products, 100 emails per hour, 3500 folders and files, and unlimited plugins.
- 10 GB: 10 GB storage, 190 e-commerce products, 200 emails per hour, 10000 folders and files, and unlimited plugins.
- 15GB: 15 GB storage, 190 e-commerce products, 500 emails per hour, 30000 folders and files, and unlimited plugins.
- VDS: Virtual dedicated server plans
- V1: 1 CPU core, 1 GB RAM, 10 GB storage.
- V2: 1 CPU core, 1 GB RAM, 30 GB storage.
- V3: 2 CPU core, 2 GB RAM, 40 GB storage.
- V4: 2 CPU core, 3 GB RAM, 50 GB storage.
- Dedicated Server Rental: This is a colocated server option with a fixed configuration except for your choice of CPU. You can also contact them for a custom quote.
Netfox only provides phone and email support with three different phone numbers you can use of which one is a toll-free line within Russia. You can also go to their offices in either St. Petersburg or Moscow. Their support services are 24/7 and available on all plans. In general, support is pretty good although you shouldn’t hold your breath for flawless English.
- Choose servise
- Web Hosting
- VPS Hosting