Features and Ease of Use
MDDHosting does try to provide a one-stop-shop for all your hosting needs so you don’t have to rely on a third-party. That means they provide or include the following: features/services with their plans:
- Domain registration
- SSL Certificates
- Email accounts and administration
- cPanel or WHM hosting management
- Free migration support
- Daily offsite backups
They also offer a number of other features and services that will be invaluable to some customers:
- Third-party integrations: With a cloud hosting account, you get free access to LiteSpeed, Cloudflare Railgun, and Softaculous. These are amazing tools to optimize your website hosting as well as to install extra software to add functionality to your websites.
- StorPool-powered storage platform: All products are built on StorPool storage platforms. StorPool is known for extremely fast and reliable storage with high-redundancy mechanisms in place.
- 1000% Uptime Guarantee SLA: MDDHosting will fund you with credits if you find that your website is down. If your server is down for over an hour, you can claim ten times the amount of your downtime.
The ease of use of your experience will depend on your type of hosting. However, MDDHosting makes it as easy as possible by providing you with either cPanel or WHM as your hosting management consoles, which are two of the best and most popular platforms. They also provide free migration services and other paid services so that you don’t have to implement it yourself. However, you’ll need some expertise to take full advantage of all their features, for example, using Cron Jobs to schedule tasks.
Pricing and Support
MDDHosting focuses almost purely on cloud hosting and cloud-based VPS hosting. As such, they only have the three sets of pricing plans with an added option for resellers. All plans come with their Web Security Pack that includes an SSL certificate as well as their 100% uptime guarantee and StorPool-powered storage. However, you will need to purchase a domain separately. You also have a 30-day money back guarantee on all their plans. Plus, you can cancel at any time to get a pro-rated refund. Their prices are very affordable for the type of hosting they offer.
- Cloud hosting: All plans come with unlimited bandwidth, databases, email accounts, and domains. You also get free access to LiteSpeed Cache, Cloudflare Railgun, and Softaculous. There are five preset configurations ranging from 0.5 to 6 CPU cores and 0.5 to 6 GB RAM. Only the first plan is limited to 10 GB storage.
- Virtual Private Servers: These three solutions are built on state-of-the-art, dedicated hardware. You can choose from monthly or discounted annual billing. Plans differ in their configuration in terms of storage (100 GB to 300 GB), bandwidth (1 TB to 5 TB), and CPU Cores (2 to 6).
- Reseller: Reseller plans are somewhat like traditional hosting. Unlimited bandwidth usage and overselling are allowed on each plan so it’s scalable with your needs. You have three options:
- Basic: 50 GB SSD, 50 cPanel accounts.
- Intermediate: 100 GB SSD, 100 cPanel accounts.
- Advanced: 150 GB SSD, 150 cPanel accounts.
MDDHosting does fall a little short when it comes to support. Your only support channel is via a ticket system, which is 24/7/365. However, they do respond quickly and almost all my interactions have had positive outcomes. There is at least an extensive and up-to-date knowledge base on their website with information on almost anything.