Features and Ease of Use
LFC Hosting makes sure to cover their bases with all the essentials of web hosting:
- Free one year domain registration with annual plans
- Free SSL certificates for every domain with most plans
- Unlimited emails
- Unlimited databases
- Virus scanning
- Daily backups with restore points kept for 30 days
- RAID 10 disk arrays for VPS
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
Across the whole spectrum of their products there are also a number of great value-added features that make them stand out:
- Turnkey VPS: This integrates your Linux VPS hosting solution with an extensive library of the best free Debian-based server applications. Server setup is handled automatically for you; if you can handle a typical control panel, you can easily manage this VPS solution. Essentially, this is a semi-dedicated virtual server suitable for less tech-savvy individuals.
- SolusVM: Packaged with all their VPS services, SolusVM is an excellent VPS-specific control panel that makes managing your machine and security easy and effective.
- Website Builder: With all their shared hosting services, LFC Hosting makes available the Weebly website builder, one of the most fun and beginner-friendly website builders.
- Proprietary File Integrity Monitor: LFC Hosting has created their own file integrity monitor, which automatically notifies their users whenever files are modified by hackers. Then, with their daily backup system, users can easily revert the files to their pre-modified versions, as if the hacks had never happened.
- No-overselling policy: This is a key feature to look out for with shared hosting providers. Many hosts will oversell their servers in hopes that no single user will ever hit their resource limits, essentially gambling with their users’ websites and risking severe performance drops as a result. However, LFC Hosting’s “no overselling” policy ensures that users are guaranteed the resources they’ve paid for.
From their range of features, it’s clear that LFC Hosting seems to have something special to offer all of their customers. The buying process is straightforward and instead of lots of upsells, they allow you to easily and clearly select your add-ons as well as configure the customizable aspects of your hosting.
Pricing and Support
LFC Hosting offers a range of hosting services, including a number of managed and unmanaged VPS solutions great for beginners or more advanced webmasters. All their products come with monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, or annual billing. Although their shared hosting comes with a 30-day risk-free trial, the rest aren’t eligible for any refunds except under extreme circumstances.
Note that LFC Hosting is a slightly pricier option, although their rates are decent considering what you get. I found their VPS hosting options far better value for money than their shared hosting options, however — perhaps reflecting the founders’ own love for building custom servers and programming their own software.
LFC Hosting offers fantastic 24/7 one-on-one technical support via a toll-free telephone number, live chat, and email. In my experience, they always respond to queries fairly quickly and are good at resolving whatever issues arise on their platform. While not all that comprehensive, their knowledge base is also decent enough to help yourself with all the basics.