Krypt has been around since 1998, which gives them a lot of experience when it comes to the web hosting industry. They currently have three branches: two in California and a satellite office in Bangkok, Thailand. Their 500Gbps network operates on a global collection of seven carrier-neutral data centers in California, Virginia, Arizona, Thailand, Singapore, and Hong Kong. Their website can be viewed in both English and Chinese. They boast a customer base that includes over 75 out of the Fortune 100 companies.
Features and Ease of Use
In terms of infrastructure and software partners, Krypt is almost the perfect choice. Their servers run on a global network of top Tier 1 providers out of seven aptly-situated data centers, and their packages are loaded with extra services and features.
Some things you can expect are:
- Domain registration services, not included free in their packages
- Free SSL certificates with WordPress hosting
- High-level backup and security
- Detailed service level agreements
- Load balancing technology
On top of the basics, there are a number of outstanding features that set Krypt apart from most other providers:
- Configurable servers: The most impressive thing I found at Krypt was how customizable their self-managed dedicated servers are, with anything from storage resources to OS up to your choice. Their cloud hosting is just as flexible.
- WordPress Hosting: It’s great that even a premium hosting service such as Krypt provides WordPress hosting as it’s an ever-popular CMS for website building. These include CloudFlare CDN for better website loading speeds.
- Performance and Security: With great software and tools such as FortiGate firewalls, load balancing software, anti-DDoS attack mitigation software, Webroot Endpoint Security, and CloudFlare for added security and performance, you won’t want for anything. However, many of these do come at an extra cost.
There’s really not much else you can hope for when it comes to the premium hosting services and features offered by Krypt. Yes, it would’ve been nice if some of these were just bundled in as standard features, but that would take away from the control and customizability you have over your hosting solution. There is no uptime guarantee, but complaints are hard to find online and I haven’t experienced any acute downtime issues while using them.
Pricing and Support
Krypt’s bare metal dedicated servers are their headline product. You can pick from a huge list of preset configurations or completely customize your product in terms of memory, storage, RAID disk arrays, backups, choice of operating system, IP addresses, bandwidth, and preferred control panel. You can also add on some additional services, such as server management, cloud backup storage, and enhanced security and performance tools. While it’s great that you have this much control, prices can quickly skyrocket if you’re not very selective. Interestingly, Krypt also has a rent-to-own option where you own your servers after one year’s rental.
Similarly, they have a whole range of customizable cloud hosting solutions that are either general purpose or optimized for memory, storage, or CPU usage. Across the board, options are more limited than the bare metal servers, although you still have multiple options for almost all of the same things. For a hybrid cloud solution, you’ll need to ask for a custom package.
Lastly, they also offer cloud-based WordPress hosting that includes free SSL certificates. This is a bit more traditional with three pricing plans:
- Personal: One website, 10 GB storage, 100 GB bandwidth, and basic protection.
- Professional: Three websites, 25 GB storage, 250 GB bandwidth, basic protection, and software patch management.
- Business: Five websites, 50 GB storage, 500 GB bandwidth, advanced protection, software patch management, and a web app firewall.
All plans at Krypt offer multiple billing options including monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual, biennial, and triennial payments. Although Krypt does not provide refunds, you do have the option to cancel your subscription within the first 30 days. While their prices may be higher, you are paying for a premium service with top-notch support and infrastructure across various global locations.
Needless to say, all Krypt plans come with 24/7/365 technical support via phone lines, live chat, email, or their advanced ticketing system. If there’s anything that makes their prices seem worth it, it’s the amazing support staff. They really treat you as if you were a VIP customer — which, at the prices you’re paying, you are. They always reply to queries extremely quickly and usually solve issues in a very short amount of time. You can also reference a very comprehensive knowledge base for setting up your hosting and resolving common problems.