Intelhost is a relatively new hosting provider having started offering their services in 2010. They have clearly used their late entry into the game to make use of the best available platforms and third-party software to enhance their own solutions. However, they already offer a good selection of hosting plans that range from shared hosting to reseller hosting to VPS and cloud hosting. They provide data centers located in Argentina, Brazil, and the U.S. and support English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
Features and Ease of Use
All IntelHost plans come with everything you need from a hosting solution so you can get it all in one package, such as:
- A free domain(s)
- Free SSL certificate
- Free migration services (from cPanel hosting consoles)
- Free/Instant setup of your hosting solution
Their service is equally well-rounded when looking at more advanced features specific to certain types of hosting, for example:
- A wide variety of management consoles: cPanel is available with all types of hosting and plans. However, you can also choose to use Plesk, DirectAdmin, or WHM depending on your hosting solution.
- Softaculous script installer: Softaculous allows you to install over 400 scripts with a touch of a button that includes everything from website builders to specific website features, such as an e-store.
- OS Selection: Dedicated server customers can choose an OS of their choice to be installed on their system from Windows, Linux, Debian, CentOS, Ubuntu, and Fedora.
The best aspect when it comes to the ease of use of Intelhost is the great variety of popular third-party software platforms they provide access to. You can use your hosting manager of choice, use Softaculous to easily install scripts for added features, and even choose your OS with dedicated server hosting. Although you need some experience to unlock its full potential, you can still create a hosting experience that’s tailored for you.
Pricing and Support
Intelhost offers a variety of hosting types with affordable pricing plans suited to different users. All products come with a 30-day money back guarantee, 99.99% uptime guarantee, support, and a free migration from another cPanel host.
- Web Hosting: All shared web hosting packages come with a free SSL certificate, site builder, and the Softaculous script installer:
- Hosting Basic: 1 free domain, 5 GB SSD storage, 50 GB bandwidth
- Hosting Plus: 3 free domains, 40 GB SSD storage, 150 GB bandwidth
- Hosting Pro: 5 free domains, 60 GB SSD storage, 250 GB bandwidth
- Hosting Master: 7 free domains, 90 GB SSD storage, unlimited bandwidth
- WordPress/Joomla: This package is meant to make hosting easy with the relevant CMS pre-installed, a free domain, a free SSL certificate, and unlimited bandwidth, storage, and email accounts.
- Reseller Hosting: These four plans are very similar to the web hosting plans but come with more storage space, bandwidth, and unlimited domains from the second price onwards. You can also choose between cPanel, WHM, or WHMCS.
- Virtual Private Server: You can choose from six different server configurations that differ in CPU cores (1 to 3), RAM (1 GB to 6 GB), storage (25 GB to 150 GB), and bandwidth (1 TB to 6 TB). You can also choose between AMD Opteron or Intel Xeon processors. cPanel, Plesk, or DirectAdmin consoles.
- Dedicated Servers: For those who need dedicated, high-end hosting resources, you can choose between three AMD Opteron or three Intel Xeon technology plans as well as a variety of operating systems. You can also choose a variety of management consoles at an additional cost.
Unfortunately, Intelhost only provides support services through a ticketing system. However, their support staff is generally quick to respond and helpful with whatever issues you have. At least they maintain an extensive knowledge base with a comprehensive FAQ section where you can find answers to most issues you are likely to have. It’s very up-to-date and accurate.