IDEASTACK is fine, but fine is not good enough. While IDEASTACK is a decent web host, you can get better quality hosting at a cheaper price with Hostinger, for example.
IdeaStack is an Indian provider of a wide range of hosting solutions that include shared web, VPS, dedicated server, cloud, and even GPU hosting. They provide a world-class hosting experience through a global presence, and their website is in English.
Features and Ease of Use
All IdeaStack’s servers are housed in Tier 4 data centers in India and the U.S., and they make use of Tier 1 bandwidth providers (Level 3 and Airtel) which allows them to provide speeds of up to 1 Gbps. They guarantee 99.9% uptime with all their products, and they back up your data four times a day.
IdeaStack provides an unremarkable set of solid features:
- 99.9% uptime guarantee with all plans
- Automatic four-times-a day daily backups
- Full domain registration
- Purchasable third-party SSL certificates by Comodo
- Upwards of 10 GB bandwidth for web hosting and 0.5 TB for VPS
- SSD storage with high limits (but no unlimited storage)
Whatever IdeaStack product you have in mind, you need to consider it against the backdrop of their superior facilities.
Packages are filled with features:
- Shared web hosting comes with cPanel and the Softaculous script installer. They also provide PHP support, the beginner-friendly RVsitebuilder, GIT/SVN support, and anti-spam/virus protection.
- Reseller hosting has cPanel with WHM.
- SEO hosting makes use of up to 200 C-class IPs to enhance your search engine rankings.
If you prefer using a specific CMS and want managed services, then IdeaStack provides WordPress, Joomla, Magento, and other application-specific hosting options.
All their products come with high resources allocations:
- VPS solutions come with up to 8 CPU cores, 32 GB memory, and 250 GB of storage.
- Dedicated servers give you up to two Intel Xeon E5 processors, 128 GB RAM, and 4 TB (240 GB SSD) of storage. Their servers also support software such as Tomcat, Ruby, and Nginx.
IdeaStack provides a number of other services such as Comodo SSL certificates, intensive backups, cloud and managed VPS, colocation, and extra security services.
Pricing and Support
IdeaStack’s shared web hosting plans are extremely affordable but are only available on annual billing, so you need to be sure that you want to commit. Fortunately, the 15-day money-back guarantee gives you a little time to back out if their services don’t live up to your initial expectations.
Given the affordability of the shared web hosting plans, I was slightly surprised to see that the application hosting plans are quite expensive, but that’s because they are fully managed. And they come with no setup fees.
For the application, reseller, and SEO hosting plans you can choose between monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual billing.
Their dedicated server plans are much cheaper than the industry average, and even their managed plans are less expensive than most unmanaged options elsewhere. And you still get the same high resource allocations.
VPS hosting allows you to choose between Linux and Windows, with the Windows being $10 more expensive on all eight plans. While they provide some free control panels, you’ll have to pay extra for a cPanel license.
Unfortunately, none of their plans includes a free domain name or SSL certificate.
You can contact IdeaStack’s 24/7 support team by email, live chat, ticket or telephone, with separate telephone numbers provided for Indian and American customers. While not the warmest of support staff, the important thing is that they get the job done! Which they do in most cases. This company also has a decent knowledge base that covers all the important topics.