HostVision has been in the IT industry since 1993, though they only began providing web hosting in 2001. When their web hosting operations grew rapidly because of the referrals made by their existing customers, these hosting services became the mainstay of their business. They now serve over 13,000 customers with 35,000 websites spread across 35 different servers. Although they are a Romanian company, they provide hosting out of data centers in Romania, Germany, and Finland.
Features and Ease of Use
HostVision focuses on providing a wide range of shared hosting packages that hold great appeal with a variety of customers. As such, they make sure to provide all the necessary services with their web hosting, such as:
- Domain registration services
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates included with most plans
- cPanel/WHM hosting control panel
- Local and remote backups
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- Softaculous app installer
- IMAP and POP3 mailboxes
- MySQL databases
- PHP 5.3 – 7.2 support
Unfortunately, no free domains are included in their shared hosting packages; instead, HostVision offers their customers discount coupons for domain registration with the purchase of their hosting plans. Plus, while they do offer PHP 5.3 to 7.2 support and a decent number of MySQL databases with each of their plans, support for CGI and Perl is limited to their VPS and dedicated server packages.
That said, it’s clear that they place a lot of importance on providing shared hosting that has excellent performance and reliability considering the following features:
- CloudLinux OS and LiteSpeed Web Server for CMS optimization: WordPress and Magento are two of the most popular CMSes in their respective fields. The combination of CloudLinux OS and LiteSpeed Web Server improves the performance of these hosting solutions.
- RAID 10 storage: Most HostVision packages feature SSDs on RAID disk arrays to protect your data and its availability.
- SiteLock: You can add the SiteLock security suite to your plan to secure your business website from data breaches. HostVision features three different SiteLock packages.
As cPanel and Softaculous are provided with all hosting products, you’ll be able to install whatever software you wish, including the most popular CMSes such as WordPress or Magento. It’s also great that you have a few data center options when it comes to server locations so that you can have your website hosted close to your target audience.
Pricing and Support
HostVision offers a 30-day money back guarantee for their shared hosting services but not for their VPS hosting. You can get a few free months of hosting when you opt for a longer contract. Billing options vary, but most packages offer biannual, annual, and biennial billing.
Overall, HostVision’s shared and VPS hosting packages are inexpensively-priced. They also provide a generous amount of resources with most plans, along with a free website migration service. These factors combined with their excellent reliability are probably why they’ve been so popular with their Romanian customers.
Although HostVision provides live chat and telephone assistance for sales, they only provide technical support through a ticket system. However, their support service is fantastic and their representatives are always quick to respond. In most cases, your ticket will be replied to within a couple of hours, sometimes less. They also have a pretty decent knowledge base that covers most topics related to hosting.