Features and Ease of Use
Whilst they provide a range of hosting services, at their core is their shared hosting plans, which include, the following core features:
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- Daily automatic backups to separate server
- Free domain registration forever (some plans)
- Five, ten or unlimited add-on domains
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates
- From 100MB to unlimited disk space
- Unlimited traffic (most plans)
In terms of their infrastructure, they have servers located in European data centers, they have double power supply at all facilities, 24/7 monitoring and support for IPv4 and IPv6. They use robust network equipment with brand names Cisco, Juniper and Dell, Supermicro servers and Asus, and so on. They guarantee a 99.9% uptime, backed by a service level agreement.
HostTugaTech offer five plans of Linux shared hosting, including a free plan. The resource quotas are as follows:
- Free Plan: 100MB disk space, 500MB traffic, and no add-on domains
- TugaBaby: 500MB disk space, unlimited traffic, and five add-on domains
- TugaPro: 2GB disk space, unlimited traffic, and ten add-on domains
- TugaPro+: 20GB disk space, unlimited traffic, and unlimited add-on domains
- TugaAdvance: 40GB disk space, unlimited traffic, and unlimited add-on domains
- TugaMax: Unlimited disk space, unlimited traffic, and unlimited add-on domains
They offer a good selection of security features, including a Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate, Cloudflare CDN, and daily backups to a separate server. As well as a series of excellent beginner-friendly features e.g. a one click installer for more than 450 programs, a website builder and Google Apps Integration.
Whilst HostTugaTech provide a comprehensive set of Linux shared hosting plans, it’s also worth noting they provide four Windows shared hosting plans, as well as reseller hosting and dedicated servers for when you’re ready to scale your online presence.
Pricing and Support
Their prices are in line with local and international companies, especially when you consider, in all of the plans (except the free plan) you get a free domain for life and a Let’s Encrypt certificate, along with credits for Google Adwords and Frog Advertising.
It’s great that they offer a free plan, however, the resources are very limited and, it’s worth upgrading to one of the paid plans, just to get the free domain and SSL certificates. In all but their cheapest, paid plan (which does not include a monthly plan), they offer one, six, twelve and twenty-four month terms.
There’s no discount for purchasing a longer term upfront but they do offer some good reductions if you purchase their highest priced plans. You can upgrade at anytime, although it’s less clear how or if you can downgrade.
Even their customer service is top notch. They provide 24/7/365 customer service by live chat, ticket, email and telephone, as well as an extensive knowledge base. They advertise an average response time of one hour. Whilst I am really impressed by their customer service, my slight gripe is that their live chat was offline when I visited during usual daytime hours.