Hostinet was founded in Spain in 2003 by a combination of hosting professionals and businessmen who wanted to provide quality hosting with a strong business behind it. Initially, they had data centers located in California as well as Madrid but decided to focus all their attention on Spain by letting the U.S. data center go and boosting their Madrid-based infrastructure. As such, they currently only provide services and support in Spanish.
Features and Ease of Use
Hostinet is one of those one-stop web hosting platforms that provide all of the fundamentals of web hosting so you can stay with a single provider:
- Free Domain registration with some plans
- Free SSL certificates with all plans
- Email management
- Free migration with some products
They also provide an excellent variety when it comes to specialized hosting products with specific features:
- CMS-specific Hosting: Choose from WordPress, Joomla, Prestashop, or WordPress with WooCommerce-specific hosting with the software pre-installed and specialized support.
- Choice of Management Console: Depending on your plan, you will either have access to cPanel, Plesk, WHM, or a choice of some of these great panels.
- WebFacil Website Builder: The WebFacil website builder is provided with all Unlimited and Cloud Pro hosting plans. It comes with over 1000 templates and is a relatively powerful and modern tool.
The great thing about Hostinet is that they provide such an excellent variety of plans that you are bound to find one that suits your style of hosting and website management. You can choose a plan with your CMS of choice pre-installed. The specialized support will also make sure that you get the help you need. They also provide access to some of the best hosting control panels which is another tick next to user-friendliness.
Pricing and Support
Hostinet provides a huge variety of hosting products which can make it tricky to choose the right one. All plans come with a 30-day money back guarantee. Most are different types of shared web hosting. Almost all plans come with yearly to triennial billing. All plans except for the windows plan operate on Linux.
- Standard Shared Web Hosting: Three plans with unlimited disk space, data transfer, free domain, and free migration from the second plan onwards. All plans come with free SSL certificates.
- SSD Shared Hosting: Four pricing plans with no unlimited hosting options. Similar to standard hosting with free SSL certificates and migration from the second plan.
- WordPress, Prestashop, and Joomla Hosting: All three have the same pricing structure with three plans. All plans have free SSL certificates and migration and the top plan comes with a free domain.
- Woocommerce: Very similar to the above but with more resources. All plans come with free SSL certificates and migration.
- Windows Hosting: The four Windows plans differ mostly in storage space and data transfer limits with the third and fourth plan being unlimited. All plans come with unlimited email and free SSL certificates.
- Ruby on Rails: Exactly the same as the standard shared web hosting plans except for coming with Ruby on Rails pre-installed and providing specialized support.
They also provide a number of VPS and dedicated server solutions. DNS management comes as an extra monthly charge with all plans.
Hostinet provides specialized support for each type of hosting product so that you don’t have to get “passed around”. Unfortunately, they only provide support through either the phone or via email. Also, support is only provided in Spanish. The knowledge base isn’t the easiest to navigate but the topics are comprehensive and the articles are detailed.