Features and Ease of Use
Fastwebonline has all the web and server hosting basics covered:
- Domain registration (not included in pricing)
- Purchasable SSL certificates from PositiveSSL or Comodo
- Webmail hosting with IMAP/POP3 support
- An uptime guarantee of 99.99% for WordPress, e-commerce, VPS, and dedicated server hosting
- Daily backups
Fastwebonline also offers add-on features and a Website Builder:
- Add-on Features include SiteLock and CodeGuard, both of which can be purchased for web hosting plans. SiteLock is one of the best security suites for hosting solutions, and CodeGuard will help ensure uptime by protecting your server against crashes. For VPS or dedicated servers, you can tailor your solution by upgrading storage or by choosing the OS and control panel.
- The Website Builder provided by Fastwebonline is easy to use, with templates to help you put together a website with minimum fuss.
Fastwebonline’s state-of-the-art data centers provide dedicated server space on Supermicro blade servers and on first-class VPS hardware, which allows them to guarantee uptimes of 99.99%. These also come with some managed services included, such as round-the-clock monitoring. They provide near-instant provisioning, and your data will be backed up in realtime with RAID 10 redundancy.
This company also caters to both their Linux and Windows customers, with each type of hosting including the necessary software pre-installed including cPanel for Linux and Plesk for Windows. They also take security very seriously, from software to hardware to staff.
Pricing and Support
All shared and reseller hosting plans are covered by a 30-day refund policy, but this does not cover their dedicated server or VPS plans. Their prices are incredibly affordable compared to those of providers in other countries, and they generously provide a number of unlimited hosting options. The plans are as follows.
- Shared Web Hosting (Linux): Annual billing only. Three plans with unlimited disk space and bandwidth, 5 to unlimited databases and email IDs, and 1 to unlimited domains.
- Shared Web Hosting (Windows): Annual billing only. The first two plans are limited, with 10 to 50 GB storage, 100 to 500 GB bandwidth, 10 to 50 databases and email IDs, and 1 domain. With the top plan, everything is unlimited.
- Reseller Hosting: They only offer annual billing. The Linux and Windows plans are the same, except for cPanel on Linux and Plesk on Windows. The first two plans have limitations, with 500 to 1000 GB storage and 5000 to 20000 GB bandwidth. The highest-tier plan is unlimited, and all plans allow for unlimited domains, email IDs, and databases.
- WordPress Hosting: Managed yearly option with three plans that have 100 GB, 500 GB, or unlimited storage. Visitors are limited to 250,000 on the first two plans, and unlimited on the third.
- E-commerce Hosting: A yearly plan made for online store hosting, with the top plan providing unlimited features and the first two being limited to 10 – 50 GB storage, 100 – 500 GB bandwidth, 10 – 50 databases and email IDs, and 1 domain.
- VPS: Monthly billed VPS with seven configurations providing between 512 MB and 5 GB of RAM, 20 to 200 GB storage, and 500 to 2500 GB bandwidth.
- VPS with IPv6: Five configurations that are billed semi-annually with between 256 MB and 2 GB of RAM, 10 to 50 GB storage, and 0.5 to 4 TB bandwidth.
- Dedicated Servers: Four dedicated server products with between 4 and 16 GB of RAM, 1000 GB of storage, and 5 to 15 TB of bandwidth.
You can contact support for one-to-one technical assistance on a 24/7 basis via tickets, live chat, or a local Indian phone line. Excellent English is spoken by all staff, who always seem keen to resolve their customers’ issues.