Web hosting company DomainIt was founded in 1996 in the United States. This vendor has been a pioneer in providing shared web hosting, domain name services, and SSL certificate plans for customers in the U.S., U.K., India, Turkey, Canada, and other countries.
Features and Ease of Use
Some of the standard features you can expect with DomainIt hosting solutions are:
- Easy-to-use drag-and-drop website builder
- Quick setups
- Free shared SSL certificates
- Powerful, detailed visitor statistics
- PHP, Perl & CGI support
- Spam & virus filters
- No setup fees
- MySQL and free scripts
- Custom POP3/IMAP email addresses
- One-click installation scripts
- Link & code validator
DomainIt offers a complete line of shared hosting plans including a basic package and a premium package:
- The basic package is ideal for hosting small enterprises. It includes 10GB disk space, 250GB bandwidth, 1 MySQL database, 10 FTP accounts, 10 subdomains, and 250MB of email space.
- The premium package comes with unlimited disk space, unlimited FTP accounts, unlimited bandwidth, 25 MySQL databases, 100 subdomains, and 2GB of email space.
The hosting products also include add-on packages including search engine submission, SSL certificates, and website templates.
While they provide a backup and restore tool, there seem to be no backup services offered to customers. What’s more, the registration agreement on their website appears to be incomplete. Certain restrictions on their hosting solutions are not advertised on their website and are made clear to you only when you call.
Pricing and Support
DomainIt’s hosting solutions have a good price-to-features ratio, and the company occasionally conducts promotions that offer incredible discounts. You can purchase on monthly or annual billing cycles, and the setup is quick and free. You also get a 30-day money-back guarantee as well as a 99% uptime network guarantee. The only downside is that the Comodo SSL certificates are quite expensive.
Clients to can contact DomainIt’s technical support team via their phone number, email, and social media channels. You can also send them a support ticket, but you need to note that this is not 24/7 support so some tickets can take 24 hours to receive a response. While there is no live chat, the support team is nonetheless very helpful, and you can support yourself using the fairly detailed knowledge base that includes a rich FAQ section.