Features and Ease of Use
Carmenhost provides all the essential web hosting features that you’d expect from a complete hosting provider:
- Domain registration
- SSL certificates
- Email hosting
- Free migration service
Carmenhost also offers a number of premium features that make them stand out as a host:
- CloudLinux OS: This Linux-based OS lets you stay online under circumstances that would usually cause your servers to go down.
- Softaculous: Softaculous enables you to install most web hosting scripts or software with a single click.
- Offsite Backup: Carmenhost offer offsite backup as an extra service to secure your most crucial information.
Although Carmenhost, unfortunately, doesn’t offer any products with content management systems like WordPress pre-installed, they do provide Softaculous that will allow you to easily do this and more. They also offer all the best hosting control panels such as cPanel, WHMCS, and ClientExec to manage your hosting solution. Their website itself is modern and easy to navigate.
Pricing and Support
All Carmenhost plans come with a 30-day refund policy and the offer only monthly billing options. You can cancel or change your plan at any time and the charges will be handled on a pro-rata basis.
- Web Hosting: On their pricing pages, they only show their most expensive plans but you can always find cheaper ones clicking the link.
- Linux Shared Hosting: Five plans that provide between 1 to 50 GB SSD storage, 10 GB to 500 GB bandwidth, and 1 to unlimited domains. Comes with free domains and SSL certificates.
- Linux Reseller Hosting: They offer four plans that provide 10 to 200 GB of SSD storage and 100 GB to 2000 GB of bandwidth. Each plan includes unlimited cPanel accounts and free SSL certificates. The top two plans also include free dedicated IPs and licenses for WHMCS or ClientExec.
- Server: Dedicated server plans also come with paid add-ons in control panel licenses, software, and hardware.
- Linux VPS: Four plans with 2 to 8 CPU cores, 2 to 16 GB RAM, 150 to 450 GB storage, and 4 to 8 TB bandwidth.
- Windows VPS: Four plans with 1 to 4 CPU cores, 1 to 8 GB RAM, 15 to 60 GB storage, and 4 to 32 TB bandwidth.
- Backup: This is added-on storage space for offsite backups of your crucial data.
- Dedicated: Four hosting plans running on the latest Intel hosting hardware. Plans come with different Xeon CPUs, 2 to 8 CPU cores, 8 GB DDR3 to 32 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 GB to 2 TB SATA storage, and 10 to 20 TB bandwidth.
There are also 24/7 managed Linux or Windows dedicated server options available at additional cost.
All plans come with 24/7 support services that are provided through either ticket/email or live chat services. Their phone lines are reserved for sales-related queries. Overall, their support is fantastic. Despite no phone support, you always get replies within minutes for live chat and it never takes longer than an hour or two with their ticket support. Their knowledge base provides decent info and is easy to navigate.