Balasai Net Pvt Ltd was founded in 1997 as one of India’s first internet hosting companies. This company works with customers all over the world and has some large names in its portfolio. The Balasai Net website is in English, as is its support.
Features and Ease of Use
The services offered by Balasai Net include dedicated servers, cloud hosting, shared hosting, email servers, SSL certificates, and domain registration. Their shared hosting packages include the following core features:
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- Backup and restore management
- Domain registration available at additional cost
- Unlimited subdomains and parked domains
- SSL certificates available at additional cost
- 500 MB, 1 GB or 2 GB disk space
- 25 GB, 35 GB or 50 GB bandwidth
For shared hosting, Balasai Net has Windows, Linux, and Economy packages.
- The Linux and Windows packages are both offered at three levels – Basic, Mid and Large – with 500 MB, 1 GB, and 2 GB of disk space and 25 GB, 35 GB and 50 GB bandwidth respectively. The main difference (other than the operating system) is that the Linux plan comes with unlimited subdomains whereas with the Windows plan you only get one subdomain.
- The Economy packages are also offered at three levels, but with lower resource levels of 500 MB, 1000 MB and 1500 MB disk space and 5 GB, 10 GB and 15 GB bandwidth respectively. These Economy packages use Linux as the operating system and come with support for PHP (version 5), the Softaculous one-click installer (with a surprising 350 programs), and a website building tool. They also use the cPanel control panel, provide unlimited MySQL databases, and offer 24/7 FTP access.
This provider guarantees 99.9% uptime, but not backed by any SLA as far as I could see. And while they offer a really comprehensive range of shared hosting solutions, it’s also nice to see that they offer dedicated server rental and VPS for when you’re ready to scale up.
Pricing and Support
Balasai Net has some very affordable packages for website hosting. The cheapest Economy shared hosting plan provides enough resources for most everyday users, whilst the highest Economy plan provides more than enough.
Plans can be purchased on one, two and three-year terms, with prices being deeply discounted for longer terms. Do keep in mind that domain registration and SSL certificates cost extra, but that setup is always free.
24/7 support is available by email, but you can purchase additional support levels for an extra annual fee at the checkout. The three optional support packages are:
- Bronze support is free with all plans, and includes email and “live support”.
- Silver support is paid for and is delivered by phone or web 24/7 with a response time of five to thirty minutes. It is limited to twelve support tickets per year.
- Gold support is paid for and is delivered by phone or web 24/7 with a response time of five to fifteen minutes. It is limited to eighteen support tickets per year.
I have to admit to not being a big fan of paid support plans because I believe that customer services should be free, but I concede that the options are all laid out in a very transparent fashion. And if like me, you really want to get your support entirely for free, you can take advantage of the substantial knowledge base and huge video tutorial section on their website.
- Choose servise
- Web Hosting
- Basic Windows
- Mid Windows
- Large Windows
- Basic Linux
- Mid Linux
- Large Linux
- Reseller Plan
- Dedicated Server
- Dedicated - 2 GB Linux
- Dedicated - 4 GB Linux
- Dedicated - 8 GB Linux
- Dedicated - 2 GB Windows
- Dedicated - 4 GB Windows
- Dedicated - 8 GB Windows