Visit website at: https://www.ibrahimkozat.com/ If you’re a graphic designer or any kind of visual artist, you want your work to speak for itself. As you scroll down Ibrahim Kozat’s homepage, you’ll see sliders of modern logos and banners, followed by a gallery of stunning digital drawings. You can click on individual images to see them in full size, and you can share your favorites on social media. The website also has a blog, which allows Kozat to share his creative process and design tips. Another highlight is the forum page, where visitors can discuss all sorts of design topics – it’s a great way to connect with an audience. And speaking of connections, the website even has a built-in chat app powered by Wix Ascend, which is Wix’s suite of business tools.
Visit website at: https://www.farrosestyling.com/ Personal stylist Angela Rose’s website, Farrose Styling, does a great job of reflecting her brand image. There’s great consistency in the choice of colors, images, and fonts throughout the website, which makes it easily recognizable. Also, there’s a cute logo at the top right corner to make it more memorable. While the homepage displays some of Rose’s best work, you can click on the Portfolio section to see a wider range of her abilities. And if you like what you see, you can schedule a consultation thanks to the booking feature (which you can integrate for free from the Wix App Market). Prominent social media icons make it easy to get in touch. Visit website at: https://www.idalienonthemove.com/ Idalienonthemove is an innovative blend of mental health and travel platform. The homepage immediately introduces you to the site’s unique concept and how it can benefit you. You’re instantly encouraged to take action thanks to the prominent “call-to-action” buttons. As you scroll down the homepage, you’ll see a YouTube video of the mental health and travel coach sharing her experience and advice, which is a great way of engaging site visitors. Anyone can get in touch and ask for more information via the contact form at the bottom of the page.
Visit website at: https://www.iconographyforall.com/ Iconography For All keeps it fun and simple. Lisa Williston, a graphic designer, puts her icons and logos front and center against a white background so that nothing can steal the viewer’s focus. There’s a neatly placed Instagram icon at the top right corner of the homepage to help you stay up-to-date with her work. Aside from Icons and Logos pages, there’s an Info page with a short introduction, a contact form, and a list of Williston’s previous clients – and that’s it! I love how simple yet effective the website is, with perfectly shaped call-to-action buttons and elegant fonts.
Visit website at: https://www.dustinlynchmusic.com/ Dustin Lynch’s website makes the most of Squarespace’s multimedia features to reach its audience. The homepage grabs your attention with full-screen images, recent music videos, and a Spotify playlist. As you scroll down, an Events calendar shows tour dates and buttons for buying tickets. At the end of the homepage, the artist’s Instagram feed is embedded to keep fans updated. Thanks to Squarespace’s extensive e-commerce tools, David Lynch also has a store page for his merch, which helps to create a fully-fledged brand and strengthen his fan base. Speaking of fans, having a Meet & Greet section like the one on Dustin’s website shows you care about your loyal audience. Visit website at: https://www.afcstrong.com/ Anna Connoly is a fitness trainer with a kick-ass website that puts you in the mood to exercise. The site is easy to navigate, with Connoly’s services illustrated with amazing photos. I love the polished design of the social media icons and CTA buttons, which invite visitors to click without being obtrusive. You can fill out a contact form to ask for more information or book a class if you’re ready. Judging by the testimonials, you’ll be in good hands. Visit website at: https://www.ivazquez.com/ Julio Vázquez is a copywriter and voice actor who uses an innovative website to emphasize his intriguing career trajectory. I love the use of playful, full-screen photos and a quirky font. The homepage displays a step-by-step guide on how to be a good creative, followed by links to Vázquez’s portfolio and social media profiles. I was also impressed by the Voice-Over page, which contains audio and video files that showcase the range of his talent. The Collaborators tab displays a drop-down menu for viewing the directors, engineers, and actors Vázquez has worked with, so even the menu alone shows the breadth of his work. Visit website at: https://farmernick.com/ Farmer Nick’s clean design and high-quality photos are a reflection of Squarespace’s gorgeous templates. Like the visuals, the humorous copy is inviting and makes you want to learn more about caring for plants. Although the site contains a lot of information, it’s very well-organized with clearly outlined links, so it’s easy to get around. The green-coloured fonts, buttons, and drop-down menus are a nice touch, as is the little farmer logo at the top of the homepage – it’s a great brand development strategy that will make you more recognizable. With Squarespace, you’ll be able to create and download a logo for free. Visit website at: https://ahmedmsabry.com/ Ahmed Sabry’s website bears all the hallmarks of Zyro’s signature template design – simple yet compelling. The homepage displays Sabry’s major accomplishments in numbers using an easy-to-digest grid layout. This aligns well with the Testimonials section at the bottom of page, which emphasizes this project manager’s credibility. The site’s blog also helps to establish Sabry’s expertise, allowing him to share tricks of the trade and impress potential clients. My favorite thing about this website is that it lets visitors download Sabry’s resume. It’s easy to make an inquiry thanks to Zyro’s built-in WhatsApp chat function.
Other Notable Personal Website ExamplesIf you need more ideas on how to build a compelling personal website, these other standout examples are worth checking out.
11. Written by HeatherVisit website at: https://www.writtenbyheather.com/ Heather Grant is a copywriter for wellness and eco-aware brands. I love how well-organized her website is, especially the Portfolio page, which has separate sections for the different types of services she offers. These sit beneath eye-catching social media icons that prompt you to take action.
12. Gal RabaniamVisit website at: https://www.gal-rabaniam.com/ Gal Rabaniam specializes in UX/UI and motion design, and her website’s dynamic homepage reflects her passion. To help keep her versatile projects in focus, the choice of dark background only emphasizes the high quality of every image.
13. Alice LeeVisit website at: https://www.byalicelee.com/ Alice Lee’s website homepage uses parallax effects to make her illustrations shine. Her portfolio of work is cleanly presented and enhanced with effective copy.
14. SabannaVisit website at: https://www.sabanna.online/ The sketchbook style of Sabanna’s website perfectly contrasts with the digital framework of web design. I particularly like the slick design of the sidebar menu, which makes navigating the site a breeze.
15. Gary ShengVisit website at: https://www.garysheng.com/ Gary Sheng’s website puts a spin on the traditional resume by including logos and clickable links to showcase his work and impress potential employers. The site also contains sections about Sheng’s work philosophy and the communities he’s a part of, helping to give it a more personal touch.
16. Martine MyrupVisit website at: https://www.martinemyrup.com/ Artist Martine Myrup’s website is a mixture of a resume site, a portfolio, and an online store. The homepage displays previews of her work, and thanks to the sticky green buttons, you can check out Martine’s past achievements, then head to her online shop for a treat.
17. Sean HalpinVisit website at: https://www.seanhalpin.design/ Sean Halpin’s website has a simple yet engaging interface that reflects his experience as a front-end developer (and a doodler). The homepage invites you to explore his best work with huge, cartoon-like images and subtle hover-over effects that entice you to click. If you like what you see, you can easily contact him via live chat.
18. VezeriVisit website at: https://jelenanikipavlovic.wixsite.com/vezeri Jelena Niki is the talent behind Vezeri, and her website’s clean layout and warm color palette make a great first impression. The homepage slider uses stunning images to showcase the range of her embroidery skills, putting her products in focus.
19. My Cat Wrote ThisVisit website at: https://victoriatomis.journoportfolio.com/ My Cat Wrote This is a great example of how to add humor and a personal touch to your content writing portfolio. A standout feature of this website are the efficient search tools that make it easy to filter Victoria’s publications.
3 Best Website Builders for Personal WebsitesThe very best of the websites above were built using either Wix, Squarespace or Zyro. The great thing about these website builders is that they let you create a professional, eye-catching personal website quickly, even if you’re a complete beginner. You’ll get attractive, easy-to-customize templates that come with the most useful features already built in, such as galleries, blogs, booking tools, and more.
Save up to 30 % on your Squarespace plan today!
Plus get a free domain for one year!