PeoplePerHour在注册过程中发表了诚实声明。 其注册信很有可能被当作广告邮件，而我们也在注册几小时后并按了十几次「重新发送」才在广告邮件夹中找到它。 这在一定程度上也有损PeoplePerHour的分数。
其仪表板界面看起来像LinkedIn和Twitter吃了类固醇后的混种。 数不清的「我！我！ 雇用我！ 我可以做这做那，而且只要多少多少。」类资讯让我们想到许多其他推销手法相当有压迫性的服务供应商，叫嚷着要您来购买他们的商品。这对任何潜在雇主来说都很令人却步。 因此，我们的结论是：其注册过程中存在程序错误且界面乏善可陈。
尽管PeoplePerHour直接处理我们的资金，但其并不致力于提供即时聊天支持。 您可以填写电子邮件表格，以描述您的问题，除了祈求他们会及时回复外您别无选择。事实上，他们的回复时间非常快，通常只需要几个小时。 其并提供一个论坛和一电话线。 然而，后者只能在特定的办公时间访问，而且收费非常昂贵。 对于预算不多的新创企业，我们建议您选择电子邮件选项并学着耐心等待！
PeoplePerHour在案件开始后会收取颇高的费用。每笔交易的手续费为3.5％ – 听起来很合理，但根据帐号设立的时间，手续费可能高达5％（不含增值税）。但无论如何，您每月赚取或花费前175英镑（相当于280美元）后才会开始收费。 PeoplePerHour坚持以英镑显示所有收费、费用和价格。这不仅对买家和卖家来说都不太方便，也让双方必须支付额外的货币兑换费用。
- 支付系统 – 透过信用卡和PeoplePerHour内建钱包进行托管。
- 付款保护 – 托管保护交易双方参与者的资金。
- Choose servise
- Sellers Account
- English (9)
the best experience for starters
If you are a new to freelance business and you do not have clients or audience, Believe me PeoplePerHour will help you and build a reputation for you! Just be patient
As a freelancer, you pay a lot for very little benefits
Very low cost-benefit for freelancers. Stay away.They take 20% of the money that is paid to you. They also charge the seller. They charge you a withdrawal fee. Currency exchange fee. If you have a problem with clients not paying, there is no much they can do. They can analyse the case and release the money that is in deposit but... SURPRISE! They charge you for that too. As if that service was not included on the 20% they charge you. They also give you a limited amount of proposal credits and charge you if you need extra ones, which is fair, but their system is full of flaws. 90% of the projects are never awarded, so you end up wasting proposal credits (it should be returned if not awarded!).I just sent a proposal that costs 3 proposal credits. I cancelled it in order to send a new one. I should be able to do that and not be charged 3 other credits. But they do. They are asking for 3 proposal credits again. Now I am unable to send more. I would happily buy more credits, but timing is really important for sending proposals.The customer support just told me "you should be able to send another proposal indeed, and it doesn't look like it is possible for some strange reason. I will escalate this and you won't probably get an answer until Monday because no one in that department is working today". HAHA WHAT A JOKE. 20% of my money for this?Not sure why it is so hard to just give me 3 proposal credits so I can submit it again???
Great article !
Fantastic article ! Thanks for sharing the information. I used to wok via PeoplePerHour and UpWork , and currently I moved to the JoinToHire.com . Anyway, I am always happy to follow the news about those platforms !
Used to be a pretty good platform but instead of keeping things basically the same and working on getting rid of the bugs, they're obsessed with changing things round and introducing new features that nobody wants. Very complicated now just to get registered and bid for jobs - they want scans of ID and goodness knows what, they have complicated algorithms for everything that don't work. You eventually realise you're spending more time trying to negotiate the site and keep your profile in order than doing work. Their support is the pits, HO is in Greece and the customer support team are mostly Greeks and there are major communication problems. If they don't understand your ticket at all you never get a reply, mostly you get a cut and paste reply that might or might not be relevant. Escrow doesn't work for freelancers because they take the money from the client, wait for you to complete the job and request payment, AND THEN they verify the client's credit card. If they can't verify it you don't get paid. Apart from wasting your time and ripping you off if you're unlucky and a few other bugs and niggles, hey it's a great site.
very bad experience - I lost of 2250$ work to the buyer that was introducing 3D models business. I did all what was requested by Buyer and then "peopleperhour" blocked my account :(
no response from support any more....
I'm an engineer who has worked for B.T, Ericsson, Yamaha, Honda, Sony, Sanyo, Tyco etc. in my mid 40s. Only have been on PPH due t a personal lfei style change caused by a SPiritual life style.
I have been on PPH for 5 years now. Had Cert 4 Rating until recently. Now at Cert 3.
I am ONLY coming to the point of reviewing PPH, because the site uses others review of our work(I have had 20+(i.e., 100%) 5 star reviews ) to penalise us, "reward us" and so on.
And yet - without wasting any more of my time than I have done on PPH for the last 5 years- I would say that, there are some NICE things about PPH; just like other well-known freelancer sites.
They enable clients and candidates to find each other – clearly.
There is an opportunity or two- once a month- to earn a few bucks, if one is unemployed and not earning their day-job wages , that they are used to earning and living on. (I’m a contractor engineer, so used to earning “high end” daily wages, even if it’[s only for 6-8 months at a time, due to health /life style reasons).
There is an escrow system, which “protects” the buyer(client) and……(for most part) the seller. Unfortunately, my experience of doing LARGE projects on this site, as a seller(worker) has been very very negative, stressful and compeletely unworthy of my professional time, dedication and 20 years experience.
Anyway, PPH, on the negative side, is a complete scam, in MANY ways:
1) The customer support Ninjas are NOT professional or objective- and are completely useless, uneducated fools who ONLY look out for their site’s good and financial goals…..!!
2) The (client) feedback system(unlike, say eLance) is completely usless, as we have no way to leave COMMENTS on clients feedback.
3) The automated feedback is completely unreliable and (often) UNTRUTH based ( I recently received(1 out of 5 stars, “job not delivered”) for a job I had spent 45 hours doing, and had offered a FULL 100% refund for – was completely unfair and ridiculous !! As I never got to leave feedback for the other party, and yet they took my software, (bulled me in to adding more and more features) and then refused to talk about releasing the escrow payment – and then I refused to work with them and offered them a 100% refund.
4) The site is mostly geared towards honouring the buyer/client and NOT the Creative, intellectual and technical expertise of an engineer such as my self. Extremely poor experiences, is all I have had with about 2 dozen clients(even though who left 5 star feedback for me), when it comes to various personal, technical, moral and ethical values/issues.
5) Finally…. And this is something the U.K Government would want to know about. PPH is ******ridden with fraudsters/liars(i.e. not real clients who wants to get jobs done) who use it to :
a) carry out fraudulent eBay transactions,
b) gain new passports (British passports),
c) get their student/university home work done(plagiarism),
d) and lately, I have noticed certain members of certain Islamic countries in the Lebanon/paletine region posting jobs with “windows applications(.exes)” that need modification, and when I scanned those .exes with my anti virues(as did dozen other developers), it turned out, they were viruses!! (Trojan horses). One job advert even said” this job is only open to software developers from Israel”. So, clearly, this is a case of CYBER WAR being carried out , thru the PPH medium. What do the U.K police have to say about this criminal conduct?
Eventhough I reached CERT 4 on PPH , I would say, as a fully qualified and nearly-retired engineering consultant , PPH is a complete WASTE Of time, in terms of:
1) hourly rates(some actually post jobs requiring up to 10 -20 man hours of work, for say $20!! Is this site a joke or what??)
2) QUALITY of folks who post jobs(mostly individuals and “veryyyyy.. small businesses”. Wonder Mwhy Ericsson or Microsoft will not hire thru PPH(Both of whom I have worked for, by the way)
3) Quality of many of the workers/candidates too is DISMAL – to be fair.
4) The actual SITE it self has a few bugs, some of which are as old as the site(functional bugs)- and inspite of repeated requests, haven’t been addressed.
5) And ….. last but not least, the “customer support ninjas” who work there(probably just half a dozen of them, sitting at home, replying email and queries), are completely NOT caring in their ways, and only keep repeating the same song(just like many other customer support hot lines in the world!), for all kinds of scenarios.
Overall, I would give my 5 years of PPH experience 2 out of 5.
Will NOT recommend it to anyone who is a fully qualified, sincere, hard-working and MATURE professional.
I WILL recommend it for getting your “logo drawing”, “quick website creation”, “cheap proof reading” kinda jobs done.
Thank you for having this forum, for my Self, as a 5 year PPH veteran to be able to leave feedback for THEM (PPH) – for a change! .
Please stay from PPH, if you wish to have inner peace and NOT be abused - of your skills, creativity, intellect , and .. sometimes, PERSONAL dignity! :-