Social Media is still an emerging form of online marketing that has only really taken shape within the last couple of years. There are still a lot of businesses who haven’t invested any time or money in Social Media, and then there are those businesses that have invested the time but have no idea what they are doing.
That is why we wanted to put together our top 5 tips to help make your Social Media take off, and in part one of our mini series we look into the best ways you can use Twitter. We will then look into Facebook.
- Tip 1. Make sure your profile is complete: It may sounds stupid but the more information that you have on your page, the more professional it is going to look. It will also show that you are serious when it comes to Twitter.
- Tip 2. Reply to mentions: Don’t ignore your followers or those that mention you, build up a conversation with them or simply thank them for the mention.
- Tip 3. Share your content: If you are writing content for your blog then syndicate this out to Twitter for added exposure.
- Tip 4. Use #hashtags in your replies and conversations: if you use #flowers in a tweet and you are working as a florist, then a lot of people can pick up your tweet in the search results.
- Tip 5. Use a URL shortening service to track stats: By using this type of service, you can see how many clicks your link is getting and where the clicks are coming from based on location.
If you take just a few pointers from this list of 5, you should notice that Twitter will begin working for you as a business. It will result in more fans, more interaction with potential fans, and it will help build up brand awareness.
For those of you who’re interested, go ahead and check my article about different ways to master Twitter for business.
In the next part we look at the top 5 tips that you can use and take away with you for Facebook. We look at how you can build up your fan-base, and keep those fans, whilst making your Facebook page an informative and fun place to visit.