In the past five to ten years, the influence of Facebook has rapidly increased, and with a user base that stepped over the 1 billion mark you can see why businesses are eager to get their products and services out there.
For any small or large business, you should have a Facebook strategy in your toolkit, and for those that still haven’t ventured into this channel of marketing, then we have put together our 5 top tips to help get you on your way.
- Tip 1. Make Sure Your Page is Complete: This sounds like a pointless tip but you would be surprised at how many profiles are left incomplete. By entering as much information as possible on the ‘About’ section will help install confidence and trust to present and future fans. It also gives them valuable information on your business such as opening hours, what products or services you offer, when your are open, and how you can be contacted.
- Tip 2. Use Facebook PPC: One of the easiest ways to gain fans is to run a low-level PPC campaign to bring them in. The great thing about Facebook’s PPC platform is that you can really narrow down your targeting so you are only attracting customers that are interested in what you offer.
- Tip 3. Promote your posts: One of the newest features to Facebook is the opportunity to promote the posts on your wall. This helps your post reach new Facebook users that you can turn into fans of your page.
- Tip 4. Create Interesting Posts: It goes to say really, no one will become a fan of a page that has nothing interesting to share. So create productive, useful posts, which can help people out.
- Tip 5. Reply to Fan Interaction: If you get left a message, either through the private inbox option, on the wall, or a comment on a post, then reply to that person. By reaching out to your fans instead of ignoring them, this will create a lasting relationship with them.
If you take just a few pointers from this list of 5, you should notice that Twitter will begin working for you as a business. It will result in more fans, more interaction with potential fans, and it will help build up brand awareness.
Utilizing the Google+ Platform
In the final part of our three part series on how to make the most of your social media platforms, we take look at the top 5 tips that you can use and take away with you for Google+.
We look at how you can increase the fans to your business page, how to benefit from Google Local, and how to attract real, genuine consumer reviews.
Other Guides in This Series: